Getting Started in the Cubed World of Minecraft.

Tommy

I know that starting a game with absolutely nothing can be a big turn off from the game, so let me explain how to get started right away!

1. Find a tree, and cut it down!

total-minecraft-game-guide-find-a-tree.jpg

Tree's will give you wood, but you can't actually do anything directly with wood, but it's the first step in the game!

2. Use the wood to create wooden planks, use the wooden planks to make a crafting table. then use those to create an axe, pickaxe, and shovel.

sm_javaw-2011-02-08-19-47-26-1406.jpg

wooden-planks.jpgMinecraft+Sticks.png

Minecraftaxe1.png

3. After you have created these items, you should gather some dirt and other solid objects to create a home. After you have created a home, look for some coal and make torches (Torches are super important, make sure you have some in your home before nightfall.

ellipsoid_sample_hut.jpgIron.PNG

torch.pngminecraft-door_1.png

A door would be good to have also.

Hopefully by now, you have achieved "House with Door and Torches" status. And while you're at it, make a chest and bed for yourself! (Not quite sure if you need shears to receive wool or you can just kill the sheep)

crafting_grid_example.gifbed.jpg

Surviving in Minecraft

This part will not have as many pictures, as I really only need to explain some things. Sorry if you were in the picture mood :P

If you are new to the game, then you should most likely read this part.

The enemies in the game are called mobs. They range from zombies to green exploding penises called creepers.

This is why your house is extremely important to have before nightfall because they all come out then. (Some stay out in day, but I'll get to that later.

A "Creeper" looks like this. 41801_146561698688804_755_n.jpg Stay away from them... Don't even bother with these bad boys. They make a sound similar to a "hiss" and if you hear it, you should run away because they explode... Violently. Creepers do not burn in the sunlight so be careful.

Endermen look like this.41389174.png They come out at night and usually steal your blocks, and place them around the area. They won't bother you until you point your cursor at them. They are also not that hard to kill, but they do teleport.

The other mobs are self explanatory so no need for pictures.

Mobs that burn in the sun.

--------------------------------------------

Zombies

Skeletons

Endermen(I think)

Traveling at night is not recommended, I usually sleep through the night (That's why it's good to have a bed) and continue the next morning.

Building a sword is just like building a shovel, except you use 1 stick and 2 ore/wood instead of 2 sticks and 1 ore/wood.

In the newer version of Minecraft, you now slowly decay if you don't eat, oh yay! To get food, kill sheep, cows, or make food by using sugar, wheat, or other cooking materials. (I'll have a section for that later.)

MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS HAVE FOOD WITH YOU!!!

You never know what might happen.

Cooking Guide! Survive Longer!

bowl.jpg Bowls could be helpful for soup!

mushroom-stew.jpg Mushroom Stew, restores x4 (Bowl is reusable)

bread.jpg Bread, restores x3

sugar.jpg Not edible, but used for cake!

cake.jpg Restores x2 on every use. Can be used 6 times, x9 restored.

golden-apple.jpg Heals 5 hearts automatically. Only food you can eat with a full hunger bar!

MORE TO COME!

:D

• 4 weeks later...

im a big fan of minecraft but do you think that this is the right forum to put it on, there are minecraft forums and this one is for halo.

any way this is the best guide ive seen. (always wanted to know how to make cake) well done :thumbsup:

This is in the game help section where you can post help for any game. So, yes.(: