Microsoft preparing for a New Xbox 360, designed for use of Windows 8

RANMAN10

I was going to post this in the 'Gaming News' panel, but it wouldn't let me. So sorry if this is in the wrong place :/

Below I have listed what I have found about the new Xbox 360, and will continue to update it if I learn any more information:

The first is from winrumors.com, was posted on Nov. 22nd, and has quots from Microsoft's Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter: Article

Another was posted on Oct. 20th and is from Xbox.IGN.com: Article

The last I've found is from Gamespot.com and was posted on November 9th with sources fromThe Windows Weekly Podcast: Article

I don't know how I feel about having to buy another console, if it's worth it, and if it will be a good change or not, but hope it's a change for the better rather than a change that people don't want. Just thought I'd share my find with everyone. Thanks, @RANMAN10

Very good *cough* reporting *cough* RANMAN!! Very informative and properly structured with an excellent use of source linking!! :thumbsup:

To answer your question about the issue with the "Gaming News" section, only Moderator's and members in the news group have permissions to post a topic there (I think), unless "moved" there by a mod.

As far as the new console goes, if released, I will buy if I believe the options are worth it! I passed on the 360 slim because I had not too long purchased an Elite system with the Jasper chipset (have had no issues). This could also just be research data for the next XBOX. Anxious to see where this leads!

Glad to see more members getting involved!! "I like the way you think", LOL!! :unworthy:

• Like 1

I myself wouldn't be jumping on that bandwagon right away unless the features it added were that drastically different that I had to have it, otherwise the box I have now is just fine and depending on when it's released, I might just wait for the next gen at that point.

The big thing that it can do, is that since its Windows 8 compatible, someone with a Windows 8 phone, a Windows 8 PC, and the new Xbox, can all play a Windows 8 game together. This will revolutionize gaming. I've been thinking about doing that and wished someone would do it since I was literally like 12. ...loll.

• 5 weeks later...

My original 360 is breaking down, should i get the slim or should i wait?

Depending on the amount of usage. If you plan on getting a significant amount of playtime in, buy a new slim. If you plan on little to moderate playtime, buy refurbished. If you don't plan on playing at all, don't purchase either, wait for the new xbox. :thumbsup: