Poll: Which armor should be in halo 4?

Herodanny

halo 3 spartan or Reach spartan,  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Halo 3 armor or halo reach armor in halo 4?

• Halo 3 Armor
    • Halo Reach Armor
  2. 2. Halo 2,3 Elite armor, or halo Reach elite armor?

• 2,3 elite armor
    • reach elite armor

I personally like the halo 3 armor, I think it worked far better for Machinima's and in general just looked cooler. I really hope 343 brings back the older looking elites. I originally thought that 343 was going to bring back the older looking elites cause in my opinion they look cooler, but in CEA new graphics they kept the new elites, this worried me because now I think they are going to keep the reach spartans in halo 4 and giant elite heads....

What do you guys think?

Halo 4 is not going to have the same player models as Reach. Your not even really a spartan in Halo Reach anyways, your a human with spartan armor. It wouldn't make sense to use the reach models because we are Master Chief again in Halo 4! This is a known fact so i would want an upgraded version from halo 3 just because Halo 4 needs a slightly "newer" look than its predecessor.

• Like 1

No, you're defiantly a Spartan, just the next generation Spartan. They are smaller but still Spartans.

I have never heard anything that calls them spartans but I will take your word for it. Not trying to start a flame thread or anything but how are you a next gen spartan in Reach, when it takes place before halo 1?

I have never heard anything that calls them spartans but I will take your word for it. Not trying to start a flame thread or anything but how are you a next gen spartan in Reach, when it takes place before halo 1?

History lesson!

Dr. Halsey one Created the Spartan II's about 20 years before the human-covenant war. They were meant to fight inserectionsists to prevent a civil war between the colonies. Colonel Ackerson came up with the Spartan III's about the same time as the human-covenant war began.

I hope that helps!

Oh, and you said earlier that they are basically humans in Spartan armor. A regular human couldn't survive the armor because their bones just shatter when they move, because the movement is so quick. They have to be augmented with metal plated bones. So a human couldn't live in MJONIR armor.

I'm not trying to start a flame-war either, by the way. :)

• Like 1

I voted halo:reach armour because of the huge variation of armour. and the armour looks a bit more realistic instead of shiny it's more battle worn. and definitly put back in halo 3 elite armour customisation instead of a few options to choose. make everything more customizable and ill be sooooo happy

History lesson!

Dr. Halsey one Created the Spartan II's about 20 years before the human-covenant war. They were meant to fight inserectionsists to prevent a civil war between the colonies. Colonel Ackerson came up with the Spartan III's about the same time as the human-covenant war began.

I hope that helps!

Oh, and you said earlier that they are basically humans in Spartan armor. A regular human couldn't survive the armor because their bones just shatter when they move, because the movement is so quick. They have to be augmented with metal plated bones. So a human couldn't live in MJONIR armor.

Sounds quite painful :S

History lesson!

I hope that helps!

Wow thats crazy, I never knew that. Thanks for the history lesson lol. This makes me want to read the books

• Like 1

Wow thats crazy, I never knew that. Thanks for the history lesson lol. This makes me want to read the books

You should read the books. Now whenever I play campaign (in any halo) I have a lot of "Ohhh.... Now I get it!" moments. And they're just great stories. :)

You should read the books. Now whenever I play campaign (in any halo) I have a lot of "Ohhh.... Now I get it!" moments. And they're just great stories. :)

Would you recommend reading the books in order of release date? I have heard alot of different opinions on the order to read them

Halo 4 is not going to have the same player models as Reach. Your not even really a spartan in Halo Reach anyways, your a human with spartan armor. It wouldn't make sense to use the reach models because we are Master Chief again in Halo 4! This is a known fact so i would want an upgraded version from halo 3 just because Halo 4 needs a slightly "newer" look than its predecessor.

Agreed :) glad to know someone feels the same way about it. It's just when I saw the halo 4 trailer idk he looked a little weird. and I am just hoping that the multiplayer looks cool like in halo 3.

Would you recommend reading the books in order of release date? I have heard alot of different opinions on the order to read them

Well, I read them out of order and it doesn't dealt matter. Just read Ghosts of Onyx before Glasslands and you'll be good.

I voted halo:reach armour because of the huge variation of armour. and the armour looks a bit more realistic instead of shiny it's more battle worn. and definitly put back in halo 3 elite armour customisation instead of a few options to choose. make everything more customizable and ill be sooooo happy

Yeah, I can see that. I'm not talking about the armor customization though. I am referring to the spartans general body structure in a way... like in halo reach they seem more hunched back... smaller.... awkward.... and in halo 3 they stand up straight and tall and look strong. I am all for originality with customization but I want the spartans to look manly not like little girls in reach. BTW, just to add an irrelevant fact, my friends who are girls do not like the female spartans with their large butts :P

• Like 1

THEY SHOULD DEFIANTLY BRING BACK REACH ARMOUR BUT WITH VARIATIONS LIKE BIGGER AND MORE FUTURISTIC LIKE MORE VARIATIONS FROM SMALLER TO BIGGER LIKE BETTER SMALLER ARMOUR KINDA LIKE THE SNIPER SHOULDER BUT BIGGERISH SO YA AND SOME HALO 3 ARMOUR CUZ THE LOOKED PRO SO A MIXTURE OF BOTH

History lesson!

I hope that helps!

Also SPARTAN II's were abducted children and didn't get much choice in the matter, though they did get better tech in their careers and during their operations, they used recovered tech to improve the MJOLNIR, One begining the energy shields

SPARTAN III's were basically orphaned when their homeworlds were glassed and were hellbent on revenge, yet they made the S-III Series more expendable and only a select few were given the MJOLNIR (Like Noble Team), others used the SPI Armour

And with Augments, the S-III's had a better survival rate than the S-II's because the augmentation process was better perfected

With the Poll, I went with "Reach" MJOLNIR and "3" Elite

Customization in games is a thing I love the most and Reach did deliver for the Spartans, though it was sad to have limited the Elites setup, Halo 3 did show some Elite custom goodness, I would really like to see that again

Well again, I think the halo 3 armor looked cooler because it was more glossy looking and it made for great machinima. Too bad more people seem to like the reach armor, simply because of the customization. Obviously halo 4 will have tons of customization's, but it needs to be glossy and futuristic like in 3....

Also SPARTAN II's were abducted children and didn't get much choice in the matter, though they did get better tech in their careers and during their operations, they used recovered tech to improve the MJOLNIR, One begining the energy shields

SPARTAN III's were basically orphaned when their homeworlds were glassed and were hellbent on revenge, yet they made the S-III Series more expendable and only a select few were given the MJOLNIR (Like Noble Team), others used the SPI Armour

And with Augments, the S-III's had a better survival rate than the S-II's because the augmentation process was better perfected

With the Poll, I went with "Reach" MJOLNIR and "3" Elite

Customization in games is a thing I love the most and Reach did deliver for the Spartans, though it was sad to have limited the Elites setup, Halo 3 did show some Elite custom goodness, I would really like to see that again

Only during the augmentation process did the s-3 have a better survival rate and thats because they didnt have what was being put into them like the s-2's did, but in combat s-2 are far superior to the s-3, the s-3 are just cheaper versions. The s-2 all had something that made them specail Kelly was abnormally fast for a 6 year old john was extremely lucky and would take on groups of other kids during playtime at school king of the hill he never lost, Kurt had this ability to sence danger he even beat john sometimes all the s-2's had something that had halsey hand pick them, the s-3 didn't have this quality the colonal just picked random orphins. in the book ghost of onyx there spi armor was suppose to fill in what they lacked so it made them somewhat invisable. S-3 and a lower suvival rate during real combat

It wasn't that the augmentation was perfected its because Kurt changed the "recipe" that was put into the s-3's

I liked Halo 3 Armor more. Everything was proportional together. Even the massive Security shoulders fit well with the rest of the armor. They were smooth as Hell too. You didn't have anything popping out, looking out of place, except the Katana. But the Katana also looked good. I also liked how they were glossy. Reach's armor is badass too though.

Hi hi!

I voted for H3's MJOLNIR and Elite armor.

Though by the look of the Chief's MJOLNIR Mk. VI in the H4 teaser, they'll be revamping the look of it. And if they use it as the Base for the MJOLNIR armor in Multiplayer… Well, we'll probably see a number of familiar pieces. :yes