Should I buy CEA?

Phil

When I heard that one of my favorite games of all time was being remastered and released again I was insanely stoked on it. I was wondering and hoping to get a few thoughts and opinions on if I should spend my hard earned cash on this new game.

For one, I loved CE's campaign so I'm hoping CEA will have something close to the magic that I felt with CE. And with the multiplayer, I used to have a dedicated server and played multiplayer a hell of a lot and loved it. How does CEA stack up with CE in regards to campaign, multiplayer and just overall enjoyment.

I want to hear the good and the bad and any opinions and critiques.

I believe it would be a good buy for you, especially if your have been a fan of the series or played the original. The campaign is still as good as it was the first time, the best campaign in my opinion, and when played with the newer graphics you get a rich feel of the old campaign. There will be some instance that you will need to adjust your fire, for me the rockets due to higher clearances of the vehicles from the ground, but quickly it becomes second nature.

The coop campaign play has some lag issues that are dependent on factors that we have no control and the lag of the "guest" or non host player can be significant. The tech guys debate the reasons, but in the end, do not count on the coop being a seamless, enjoyable experience.

Match making is the chance to play the maps that were part of the original Combat Evolved game, including one from the PC version, and see just how beautiful the maps are with today's graphics. There is a Classic playlist as well as the traditional Reach play lists. If your are a fan of Reach you should really enjoy the new map pack. If you were not a fan of Reach the Classic play lit is definitely the place for you. Though you are not playing with any weapon as it existed from the original CE, the modifications made are as close as they can be for now.

For those of you who are fans of the series and disliked Reach for whatever reason, Halo CE Anniversary is still a good buy. It still offers the same great campaign that started it all and gives a chance to play some of the best original maps that Halo has ever offered it's fans.

• Like 1