I still like Reach. How about you?

Planet Etrius

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Reach?

• It should have stuck to classic Halo formula.
    • It should have stayed completely static for the most part. (Not Evolve)
    • It was reasonably good.
    • It was sub par compared to other Halos.
    • It was just horrible.
    • Other (Posts)

I find Reach a lot of fun to play. There are times when the AA's kind of ruin gameplay. It does get frustrating when someone armor locks when your in a DMR duel and then another enemy comes in a finishes you off. It happens far too much and takes away a lot of the flow of the games.

I do love the AA's as well because it keeps things interesting and unpredictable. One of the biggest drawbacks is the lack of ranking system. It seems simply dumb that there is no skill involved in ranking up. The fact that you could lose 50 games in a row yet still rank up is crazy.

And all the grey maps get kinda boring as well. Plus the fact that I don't have any friends that play Reach and I have not been able to meet other players to play as a team gets boring too. I hate searching alone everytime.

Overall, I do like the game and will continue to play it as much as I can.

• Like 2

its very god but a year after relese and nobel it kinda boring to play multiplayer (still fun with costum) but it need some thing new not only new maps it needs something to people want to rank up i mean over general u get nothnig to ur spartan just dome few attachments, so new armor will have me back but i doo still love it

Armorlock annoys me too sometimes and I do wish the campaign was more replayable and better. Other than some other non game play related issues I don't have a problem with Reach. I think people are exaggerating though that Reach was only sub par because it changed. A lot of people did just get tired of Halo's "inability" to change. As a community we need to try to be as clear to our producers as possible and try to avoid hard cliches like "Halo should not change at all.". While I do understand the value it's trying get at its purpose should be to guide progress openly and not restrict.

Halo reach is a decent game but when compared to the other halo games it is definitely sub par. The replay value just isnt there like the others but I guess it's nice to have something different to go play every now and then. My vote is "it was sub par compared to other Halos"

• 3 months later...

Hahaha I love how many options you give us to say it sucks. It was very good IMO. I was good at halo 3, and my skill transition to Reach took no more than a month. You can't stick to the exact same formula, that's Call of Duty. Halo needs to feel FAMILIAR not the exact same. As in, you need to train at new weapons, adjust to the tweaks, but still retain the majority of your skill @ halo. Anyone who is truly good at halo will be able to adapt to new settings and tweaks without hindering their overall ability to play. I want each halo to be new and improved, like reach was.

• Like 2