Need harsher quit penalties

kojiden

From what I remember when Bungie had the reigns, if people quit a number of times people would get a temporary matchmaking ban. I've started playing ever since I got gold again, and clearly this isn't working. We need harsher quitting penalties. I think it should be something like the FIRST quit giving a 5 minute ban, then each quit after that accumulates 5 more minutes of ban time (so first quit would be 5 minute ban, second would be 10 minute ban, third would be 15 minute ban, etc). The problem with having it so that there is no ban unless you quit X times, people will quit until they get to that X. There needs to be temp bans on the first quit. And the quit progress would reset each day.

Just now I played in campaign, and 2 people voted for normal and I voted for none of the above. Then I switched to heroic in hopes that we'd at least play heroic. Then the last person voted for normal. So they all voted for normal. Then when we play they all quit. This is so retarded. I've started giving everyone who quits negative feedback but it's not helping at all. I'm getting about ready to quit Halo Reach.

• Like 1

I agree that there needs to be steeper penalties for quitting. When you are playing an objective type of game and you have 1 or 2 people that either quit or don't play it really makes a difference. Yes there will be disconnects or emergencies but I say if people quite like 4 to 5 times in a day that they be banned for a 1/2 hour or so, or they can only play free for all games that don't matter if they quite out or not.

I agree. I'm so sick of people quiting. Most of the time people quit before the game even starts. I'm sick of playing hide and seek because it's my team vs. 1 dude who thinks he can win if he just camps it out. Which he won't cause we'll just spawn rape him, but it's just not fun when it's 4 vs. 2 or 1. It happens like seven out of ten games. It's becoming a freakin joke trying to play a decent game.

PIGZILLA71-NiS.png?Ver=634581819810210080

^ they want it removed so they can boost for cR. There is no other reason someone would not like the ban system. They are lucky the ban hammer isn't more strict. Boosting/AFKing makes no sense to me, its just another way to manipulate the system and that's cheating. As for quitting games, It really does ruin everyone's experience when just one guy quits and i am pretty sure 343 wants their fans to have a good experience. We could actually see more strict penalties down the road if they can figure out how to NOT penalize the people that lag out quite often. I would even support an update that takes away the quit option completely. If you have to leave for an emergency then your probably cutting your xbox off anyway.

The "Ban Hammer" needs to take into account different things. One being length of time account has been a member. Two, number of times an account has every been guilty of said offense.Three, duration of time between offenses and number of times offenses occurred back to back or within a given time frame. Four, and this is the biggest, there needs to be a responsive appeals process.

• 4 weeks later...

If people have stuff to do then they are going, so a five minute ban won't matter.

IMHO, it should be ten minutes on the first time, so if you quit because you don't like the map or gametype or you think the opponents are too good, then you end up waiting just as long for the next game anyway. I don't have any sympathy for quitters, they simply leave the rest of the team to be spawn camped and are a major contributor to poor online games.

Quitters irritate the heck out of me, especially in Doubles or Objective gametypes. But I'd much prefer to see harsher penalties for AFKers: they're just giving away kills. Today I played a game of Team Slayer with two AFKers on my team (I know only one of the players has no kills, but the other played for about three minutes and then just stopped), and while I don't like to brag, my +12 k/d spread should have been more than enough to win the game if they'd just not been there, giving away 29 deaths.

Anyway, OT: I like the idea of quit bans from game one, and their getting progressively harsher if players continued to quit. Perhaps the system could be that instead of just resetting the bans at the end of the day, for every game you complete half a minute gets taken away from total ban length (so if you quit two in a row it's a ten minute ban, but if you quit one, finish two, and then quit another it's only eight minutes).

• Like 1

Surely it can't be hard to design a system that discriminate between players lagging out/disconnecting and those who're just pushing quit?

Besides, they can't create something which prevents players from just dashboarding or cutting the power, so people will still quit that way.

5 minutes isn't that long... But a penalty at all for the first quit is dumb. Some people have no choice but to quit. Some people have **** to do.

well if they have **** to do, it will obviously take more than 5min lol

plus if someone get randomly disconnected, he can wait 5min, if he get disconnected again, 10min aint that bad, if he get disconnected again he just gotta get a better connection or something because he is ruining the games to others

there NOTHING that piss me off more than get matched 4 times in a row against a team of 4 and people in my team quit when its 7-13

I must say at least 40% of all my games one more more people will leave during the game

Surely it can't be hard to design a system that discriminate between players lagging out/disconnecting and those who're just pushing quit?

Besides, they can't create something which prevents players from just dashboarding or cutting the power, so people will still quit that way.

Hey Red.....your member images freaks me out in a cool way! Don't change a thing. Back on topic, it is hard for any system to properly discern whether a player has cut power or lost it due to a power outage. I agree the quit button versus a lag out shout be able to be noted, but it's possible to deliberately lag out.

I posted earlier that the system does need to see the frequency and the actual timing of the quits. If, say you were a quitter a month before and felt the ban hammer and corrected you behavior, you should not be hit again for a quit ban because in one day your mom comes in and says, "Take out the trash now or no more XBOX!" The two hours later your girlfriend comes over and "distracts your in the middle of a game so you quit out rather than go AFK and offer up free kills. Life does get in the way.

I do hope there is more thought given to this subject by 343i. and any new system for the next titles has a more comprehensive look at the accounts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you trying so hard? Did you buy other peoples copies? No. If people quit a video game that is their right? Just quit and move on if it makes you that angry. You must be no older than 12 because it is a 12 year old policy to ban people for quitting a game that gives you absolutely no gain in life.

I hate people who quit out of Team Slayer. I hate people on the other team when they quit out of Team SWAT. I love it when people quit on my team in Team SWAT though, because it's easier to go 1 on 4 in SWAT then slayer. Honestly, I don't mind the whole quit ban system, but they could improve on it by making it distinguishable between lag and actually quitting. And quit banning began in Halo 3 because people were using the quit button to create booster accounts. I am not sure why it is in Reach, except to discourage trolls.

As far as AFKers go, I wish they would be perma-banned. Or at least rank reset/month long ban from x-box live, not just Halo Reach MM. People who cheat should face very dire consequences. AFKing is cheating, which is why it is punishable.

As far as the OT goes, in my opinion, if you get people who constantly quit you should just avoid them. That way, you will not see them in MM again. Halo Reach is a game, and people quit games sometimes. If it's happening too often, try a different playlist. Otherwise, stop being a baby.