Glitches...

Tesseract

Well, since 343 used the original Halo CE engine for the gameplay, all glitches from Halo CE still exist in this game. You know the glitch where you hop back into the Pelican and ride down that huge tunnel full of blue mist? For some reason, you can actually ride the Pelican to the very bottom in CEA, whereas in the original game, you'd be forced out at a certain point and die. I found this glitch to be a 100% success rate in CEA compared to 0% success rate in CE. Anyone else have a easier time performing glitches?

Well most of the glitches are due to the difference in hardware. Frank and the team stated a couple times that most glitches that exploited memory issues such as overloading maps would most likely not work, and the same can be said for glitches that were not present in the current game. Because CEA uses 360 hardware and emulation of an older console environment, it is quite possible that many more glitches like this can be done. Let the glitch race begin!!!

And nice find there Tesseract. Look forward to seeing what else you find!

• 2 weeks later...

Well most of the glitches are due to the difference in hardware. Frank and the team stated a couple times that most glitches that exploited memory issues such as overloading maps would most likely not work, and the same can be said for glitches that were not present in the current game. Because CEA uses 360 hardware and emulation of an older console environment, it is quite possible that many more glitches like this can be done. Let the glitch race begin!!!

And nice find there Tesseract. Look forward to seeing what else you find!

This particular extension of a glitch that was already present in Halo 1 is not a result of different hardware. In fact, it's just about as unrelated to hardware as a glitch can be.

The difference is strange and hard to explain. The only possible explanation I can come up with is it was done on purpose, or something regarding the pelican collision model/flight path changed, however subtly, to allow for this.

-Mator

Well, since 343 used the original Halo CE engine for the gameplay, all glitches from Halo CE still exist in this game. You know the glitch where you hop back into the Pelican and ride down that huge tunnel full of blue mist? For some reason, you can actually ride the Pelican to the very bottom in CEA, whereas in the original game, you'd be forced out at a certain point and die. I found this glitch to be a 100% success rate in CEA compared to 0% success rate in CE. Anyone else have a easier time performing glitches?

If Halo: CEA has forge then I hope it will have armor abilities, for armor lock glitch. Or at least some kind of alternative to armor abilities....

So, what does the bottom look like? ^_^

If Halo: CEA has forge then I hope it will have armor abilities, for armor lock glitch. Or at least some kind of alternative to armor abilities....

You don't have it, do you? The multi-player is exactly the same as Halo:Reach. Everything including your Halo:Reach rank, the lobbies, the same. The only it doesn't have is the normal Halo:Reach maps and the campaign. :secret:

So, what does the bottom look like? ^_^

You don't have it, do you? The multi-player is exactly the same as Halo:Reach. Everything including your Halo:Reach rank, the lobbies, the same. The only it doesn't have is the normal Halo:Reach maps and the campaign. :secret:

YEAH now possible one of the best halo game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The glitch you are all talking about is the "Assault on the Control Room" right? If that is the case, here is why it does not work. CEA and CE run along side of eachother. Because of this, it is actually monitoring your position on two seperate engines. because CEA is a remastered version with code being "emulated" on the Reach engine side, it will ultimatley effect it's original execution in CE. It's inevitable that soem minor string execution for player death boundaries will fail, or went unoticed. It isn't feesable to say to a developer, 'Why didn't you catch 100% of the flaws". Some things just won't work or work the same as they did before due to the original being "emulated".

• 1 month later...

I found this glitch by accident but I get forced out and fall to my death...

Also theres another glitch on 343 guilty spark if you throw a grenade right at the beginning you will not get out :D