ive recently been playing the anniversary map pack for reach. ive experienced each map. some of them were, of course, better than others. the new anniversary slayer brings back bleedthrough, the CE pistol as well as other modifiers. i rate the map pack at 8/10. although most of the maps are great fun to play, a few of them dont really work with reach. below, im going to list my favourite maps in order from least favourite to most favourite

breakneck

hang em high

solitary

timberland

battle canyon

penance

breakneck is too big a map for my liking and the vehicles make it a bit one sided(if one team gets the gauss hog, theyve pretty much won). hang em high is too open, if you respawn in the middle area, your pretty much dead. people just cross map. solitary is ok, but it feels too much like sword base. the multiple levels make it slightly confusing

timberland is quite big, however, since there are numerous vehicles and outposts, there is plenty to do on this map. battle canyon is a bit too small, especially with a sniper rifle on the map. however, it is still great fun due to the enclosed spaces as well as the wide open spaces. the teleporters offer strategic routes if your playing capture the flag. penance is medium sized, with lots of enclosed spaces as well as wide open spaces. the weapons and their placements are perfect for the size of the map. the layout offers strategic options for objective games, due to its multiple levels. and, whilst there are closed in paces, nobody really camps on this map. below, im including a link to my first ever game on penance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbndHtK_DoU

Cross mappin on Hang 'em high is what you did on that map back in day. I personally think most of the maps play much better in Anniversary slayer, then reach slayer settings. I kinda agree with you on breakneck though, if they get the gauss warthog it's an uphill battle for sure.