Are we ready to unite again?

Absolute Dog

I have read nearly every single post in these forums that have been offered since I joined in early July and every single one since becoming a Moderator. I have read some very good OP's and responses and there have obviously been threads created that box respondents into defending their likes, beliefs and desires. There will always be those who will enter the forums upset about something or tired of feeling left out or not represented because of play lists, bloom issues, etc. Arguments in what we hope for in the Halo 4 game spring up like wild flowers because posters use hard language and stereotype others.

I would like the senior members to really try to take a pause before responding and realize what this forum is about. We want fans to be active with ideas, offer their opinions and there hopes for the future. Look past the challenges you feel towards your beliefs and attempt to bring unity into these forums, not continual encouragement of arguments with your responses. We will always have our favorite game in the series, our feelings that this works and this doesn't and all still be fans of Halo.

There is no one definition of a Halo fan. We come from all walks of life, all ages and all different kinds of gaming experiences. I personally have been no less a Halo fan because I never delved deep into it's books or lore. I simply love the best game series that has ever been made, some of them more than others, but still an enduring fan. I have recently gotten to know members who have peaked my interest in the history, become friends with players who have completely different views about the game and enjoy seeing all the great, and yes bad, ideas find there way into the forums.

So I ask you, "Are we ready to unite again?".

• Like 6

Yes. We are. Whether we realize it or not we NEED to be. So by necessity we are ready. I may not answer posts like I should sometimes. Sometimes I let my viewpoint be the ONLY viewpoint that I allow to be said without me totally tearing that person apart. BU that's not right. we are all the same in one way: we play Halo. We are gamers and we play Halo. I read some of the books, I have all of the games...but that does not make me better or more of a fan than say, (for the sake of what I am saying) little Johnny who is 8 (thats about how old i was when i played Halo CE for the first time) and who just joined the forums an just got Halo Anniversary. His opinion and ideas should have just as much respect as a member who has been here since the beginnin of the games. He is one of us and deserves our respect and our comradeship.

• Like 1

I agree AD! This is a rare forum experience in which most of the contributing members are very polite and respectful of everyone's opinions. There is a wealth of great ideas and information here and hopefully we can continue to grow and redefine what a forum should be.

• Like 2

I concur. I've ALWAYS tried to be as positive about everyone's opinions as much as possible (agree or disagree with). It is pretty simple actually, if you do not agree with a post, either don't respond or respond nicely. Now there will be the occasional "troll' that will come in and try to disrupt the harmony found here, but that's what we have the wonderful Mod team for, to discourage them from causing such mayhem. "United we stand, divided we fall".

"I'm General Kensei and I approve of this message" :thumbsup: (sorry, i like Mass Effect, lol)

• Like 2

I also agree, but don't expect me to tread lightly on the tech side of things. I mean c'mon./..thats like mah baby! And noone messes with Reaper's baby!!! But yes, we do need to pull together more instead of constantly flaming eachother with giant turd balls of fail. I will do my best to keep order within whatever means I have and to inspire members to be more friendly.

By the almighty Twam... AMEN!

• Like 1

Hey, gang. T'is I, Twam's biggest fan in a cleric's robe (over my red and white Mk. VI, of course).

I'll admit that I don't tread into the Halo forums themselves much. Tend to stick to the GD where the community spirit seems at its strongest to me. I'll pop into the Halo forums every now and again, but mostly only when I'm informed of a post that I would be, or should be concerned with.

Not to mention life, work and games (Skyrim, for example), take up a lot of my time, so I'm not really sure what's been happening to cause a rift in the community.

If folks are being belligerent and not giving anyone else the chance to express their opinion on the topic of a thread, then that's just not right. :no

In fact, if that's how it is, it seems to me to be the equivalent of SPAM! and it should be treated as such. Discussions that are one-sided are not discussions at all, and I would see it obliterated from the forum.

Either share and play nicely, or Daddy'll have to get his belt. :mellow: See how serious I'm being right now? :mellow: I'm serious.

:heart:'s to all in Twam's grace.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I think all members need to take a look at what AD has written here. I have even fallen guilty to replying to a post without thinking, having a go at the OP. But I think we need to take a step back and actually empathize with the OP. Get in their shoes, and see things from their point of view.

• Like 1

Oh we need to unite, and people need to stop having pointless opinion arguments over the forums, no one is gonna change another opinions buy harrassing them. Only they can change their opinion if they see it right, can't force it, and arguing just makes you look bad in general. Why not just leave your opinion on it and be done with it, if they reply back wanting to start something don't do it, if you ave the urge to argue don't say anything harsh to others if you do..want too..please. It gets real depressing seeing such hateful,disrespectful, and ugly comments by members of this site. Even people that have been with this site new and old.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, I care about if 343i can make halo 4 a game that we can all enjoy. We need to come together and put what we like and dislike about previous games, what we want in a new game, and stop arguing. You need to be open to criticicm and need to alter your ideas based on other peoples input.

I came onto this site because I had such a strong opinion on how halo 4 needed a better ranking system. My original thread was asking for a system like halo 2. By meeting people here and learning more, I found that just simply putting the halo 2 ranking system in was not the best solution. We all need to do this to agree on whats best for the future of the game we love.