Will there be any new ranks added after inheritor to keep us inheritors playing?

PIGZILLA71

There have been rumors of new ranks after inheritor as well as new armor and armor effects. It has been the only thing keeping me playing this game. If there aren't going to be any new additions I might as well stop playing Reach multi-player. I have like 20 million credits and nothing to spend them on. If there were more ranks after inheritor, I would keep playing until Halo 4 hits shelves. The AE map packs have nothing to offer me in terms of gameplay because I'm a SWAT player and 343 ignored us SWAT players when they created the AE map packs. So what is there to keep us SWAT players that have already reached inheritor playing until the next Halo hits shelves. 343 really needs to add additonal unlocks for us hardcore fans that have already hit the current limit. Please 343... Stop ignoring your hardcore fans.

Unfortunately you have maxed out on rank unless you choose to play the Arena. The Swat players were forgotten on the new play lists as you have stated, hopefully they will be included in an update.

The rumors about new ranks, as far as I have seen, are unconfirmed. There should have been a better ranking system from the beginning and more ranked variants brought back now that so many have maxed out and lack desire to play minus challenges of advancement.

Unfortunately I don't think they'll add anymore ranks (I hope they prove me wrong). I would of figured that they would of added them with the release of anniversary, that would of made the most sense to me. Hopefully they'll make an update, possibly a map pack and add some new ranks for us, but if it hinders the process of creating Halo4, I would much rather have there efforts towards that.

To hell with the new ranks then. I'd be happy with new armor and armor effects. The amount of unlocks in this game is pathetic. You can say play for fun, but this game has been out for over a year and it's getting stale. Most of the community has already jumped ship for other games like MW3, BF3, GOW3 and the list is growing. CE map packs won't keep people around. The magnum is nice and all, but the pace is just too slow. Reach may be too easy, but the pace has changed things forever. There's no going back now. You can dump the jet pack and all that other crap. Just don't touch my sprint! I'm not interested in the other games I've mentioned, but I would really like some new flavors added to keep me going until Halo 4.

PIGZILLA71-NiS.png?Ver=634580960569404230

Um, there's a ton of stuff in the Armory, and it takes a really long time for an average player to unlock these. It also seems like the "fun" ended right after you unlocked everything. Are you sure you even liked the game at all, or just some completionist? The people who left Halo, left soon after the game was released because they hated the gameplay.

Personally, I'd rather unlock armor through achievements, so I wouldn't have to waste everyday of my life trying to get one helmet.

we dont need further ranks or armor permutations. just accept what you have and be proud your at the top.

not fully right as my opineon u get ur last armor at rank general and thats like 6-9 ranks from inheritor that u dont got any thing and thats alot of time u have to spend and u dont get any thing.... but i rather wanted to have the armor unlocked by achievements like tesseract told

Wow kid... don't get all butt hurt over my opinion. I'm not here to hate. The fact that I've put as much time into this game as I have should make it perfectly clear that I'm a huge fan of the Halo games. I'm one of the few that still has his copy of the original Halo bought on day 1 of it's release along with the original xbox. I just wish they had more for the Halo fans that have dedicated themselves to this game they way that I have. You can say play the game for fun, but when one has 3000+ steaktaculars... one tends to start getting bored with what's left. For an inheritor, that would be nothing.

They haven't totally forgotten swat in CE:A, I played a game in headlong last night that was great fun, the map really suits it. Agree of the 15 or so BTB games I did play that was the only time I noticed it as an option, and surprisingly a good 6 players chose it. I'd guess timberland would be a great swat map as well given all the tree cover and two bases.

In fairness to 343 I don't blame them not adding a self contained swat playlist, as I don't think it'd have the userbase from 2 maybe 3 maps to warrant it existing, at least its a chance to roll in BTB.

There is something you get for those who've dedicated their time. It's the Haunted Helmet. I mean, Halo 3 went 3 years without updating crap, and I'm still happy with the game... I admit more armor would be cool, but the armor doesn't have an influence on how fun the game is. And the amount available now is quite much compared to Halo 3. You're just bored of it because you've played it too damn much. 20 million cR in excess? You've reached Inheritor several times over, man.

I will tell you this. There is a secret helmet. It was seen in the previews of the Defiant map pack. It's confirmed to exist, and its also said that DLC armor is possible indirectly. So maybe you'll get your wish sometime.

Wow kid... don't get all butt hurt over my opinion. I'm not here to hate. The fact that I've put as much time into this game as I have should make it perfectly clear that I'm a huge fan of the Halo games. I'm one of the few that still has his copy of the original Halo bought on day 1 of it's release along with the original xbox. I just wish they had more for the Halo fans that have dedicated themselves to this game they way that I have. You can say play the game for fun, but when one has 3000+ steaktaculars... one tends to start getting bored with what's left. For an inheritor, that would be nothing.

If your bored go for 100% commendations that will give you something to do till Halo 4

• 3 weeks later...

That's because I only got to play on the weekends back then and only for an hour or so. The only people that still play halo 3 are those that tried to move to reach and got raped cause they suck, so they went running back to halo 3. It will be interesting to see what those posers do when the halo 3 severs get shut down as they will very soon. If you think you're good at swat, you can send me an invite if you feel like getting raped you garbage a** random.

That's because I only got to play on the weekends back then and only for an hour or so. The only people that still play halo 3 are those that tried to move to reach and got raped cause they suck, so they went running back to halo 3. It will be interesting to see what those posers do when the halo 3 severs get shut down as they will very soon. If you think you're good at swat, you can send me an invite if you feel like getting raped you garbage a** random.

Lol damn, you're a snob. People say that about Reach players. They got raped in H3, so now they've got armor abilities to help their ass. And you're talking about a one-shot kill gametype.

I play Halo 3 from time to time because it's still fun to play.

You know what PIG, I was all for you getting some attention in SWAT, especially in CEA's list. Then I see a comment like this. Fact is, according to your H3 record, you never excelled at H3. The only way you have been able to rank up, finally, is with a pure EXP system. The fact is I go back to H3 because I enjoy the game a lot more than Reach. If you were only in Reach to chase credits for some cheesy rank, maybe you should do as Jester suggested early in this thread and play for fun. Strike a "POSE" baby! lol

Halo Reach is A LOT easier than Halo 3 too. Halo 3 you move faster and jump higher. There was also a LOT bigger of a fan-base than Reach due to-...Reach. Loll, ur not even good at Halo you just play all the time so the rank falls into your lap. -and you're calling Halo 3 players randoms? Ya ok. Major. -and I doubt you'd want to play us in swat. Your last game in Halo 3 you got 7 kills and you lost. Good job. ...Troll.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been rumors of new ranks after inheritor as well as new armor and armor effects. It has been the only thing keeping me playing this game. If there aren't going to be any new additions I might as well stop playing Reach multi-player. I have like 20 million credits and nothing to spend them on. If there were more ranks after inheritor, I would keep playing until Halo 4 hits shelves. The AE map packs have nothing to offer me in terms of gameplay because I'm a SWAT player and 343 ignored us SWAT players when they created the AE map packs. So what is there to keep us SWAT players that have already reached inheritor playing until the next Halo hits shelves. 343 really needs to add additonal unlocks for us hardcore fans that have already hit the current limit. Please 343... Stop ignoring your hardcore fans.

Dude you need a life.