Bring back the BR and Halo 3 Ranking System or Simply go BUST!

bringbackthebr

We need to be strong HALO community and not allow for 343 to make the same mistake BUNGIE ended up doing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back a ranking system - makes the game have a meaning.

GET RID OF BLOOM - it ruins the game.

Get rid of perks or at least Armor Lock who ever thought that that was a good idea, well we all know, LOL.

Bring back the BR or a gun similiar what on earth was the replacement in REACH.

IF none of this is considered HALO will simply goo bust people prefer COD or Battlefields and the only originality Halo had was lost in Reach when they stupidly tried to copy them with EXP systems and STUPID perks.

I would love to speak to 343 and Im sure millions of experience HALO gamers would too.

One more question who actually plays REACH anymore?

• Like 4

I agree in part. Reach attributes should not continue. There are form the distant past and have no place in the future where we have played all the original games in the series.

The company wants to produce a winner, they want the fans back. Their success is dependent on doing what they said, returning to what made the games so good. What built the Halo empire, what most fans truly want, and will be successful is giving us the ranking system we are used to, not some flaccid credit system that rewards losing nearly as much as wining and allows for any one who simply plays enough to attain the highest rank. That's fine with the "social" ranks, but we need "ranked" play back with all play lists. They failed in Reach ranked system due to most players leaving due to the game itself, not ranked play.

I have been part of Halo from the beginning and have promised my support to 343inds. I will be there for Halo 4 to see just what they have done.

• Like 2

Ok, due to the fact that I have not played much Halo 3 online (you can tell that if you look at my Bungie.net profile, lol) I cannot give a voice for or against the ranking system. BUT I have something to say about the perks. I like sprint. Its a nice little boost for when you are running behind someone and want a nice little assassination :) know what i mean? I do like jetpack for the most part...i just suck at using it. Now, armor lock...has got to go...its just rediculous. Pretty much all of the other perks i enjoy to a point. The drop shield is nice for long games of Firefight. Especially when you want to play it with someone less experienced. Makes it more fun when they don't die every second and use up all of your lives...Active camo...that one is a fail in Reach. I loved picking that up in the old Halo and running up to someone and throwing a plasma grenade on THEIR FACE!!! So much fun. But i know, they tried to make it fair cause you could totally dominate if you used it right, but i am just saying. If youre gonna use it and include it in the game...use it right...or not at all. And yes, i do play reach. I actually just went and got 2 of the daily challenges already today. (at like, 10 this morning). I want to see the Beta and see what 343i is bringing to the table. Once i see their formula and how they present the game and how they work it with the players i can tell you more of what i like or dont like or see or dont want to see.

some reach attributes will continue in halo 4 no matter how much we don't want them...

Yea they probably would but not all things in reach are not that bad.... I like the fact that they added sprint and evade but all the other armor abilites they put were either useless or overpowered esp armorlock. They should just placed it in the map as a power weapon like in MLG instead of having it as a loadout or just remove it. Customization is great but bring back the ranking system, you feel more rewarded for winning games. Bloom is just horrible. And bring back the BR! Halo online is not the same without it.

• Like 1

Perks Grunt totally agree - Sprint is a great shout and Jet pack is just about acceptable. overshield and cammo should come back and then we can get rid of BLOODY armour lock and holo what ever the hell it is RUBBISH.

Ranking system spot on dog CR for Social RANK SYSTEM FOR COMPETITIVE.

THey have to get ZB in its a bloody sick playlist and Im actualy reverting back to reach simply for this.

REACH in my eyes is stll the worst shooter game ever made.

DMR IS **** THE BR has to return.

Yea they probably would but not all things in reach are not that bad.... I like the fact that they added sprint and evade but all the other armor abilites they put were either useless or overpowered esp armorlock. They should just placed it in the map as a power weapon like in MLG instead of having it as a loadout or just remove it. Customization is great but bring back the ranking system, you feel more rewarded for winning games. Bloom is just horrible. And bring back the BR! Halo online is not the same without it.

I 100% agree with you.

Does this not really annoy you though, no one wants Reach attributes how good is ZB playlist btw it completly gets rid of what Reach have tried to do "BE DIFFERENT"

"No one wants Reach attributes..." That is false. There are plenty of people who enjoy the different aspects of Reach multiplayer. Saying that no one wants them is downright foolish. I personally want a mixture of the classic gameplay and Reach's gameplay.

"No one wants Reach attributes..." That is false. There are plenty of people who enjoy the different aspects of Reach multiplayer. Saying that no one wants them is downright foolish. I personally want a mixture of the classic gameplay and Reach's gameplay.

NOT A FAN OF THIS QUOTE IF IM HONEST!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed!!!

HALO 4 MUST have the normal ranking system we all use to from H2 & H3, BR included and one last thing we ask nicely for is to patch the cheesy Reach Beat-down! Hate shooting someone down to one shot to then beat him down not ''Once'' but ''Twice''...... H2 and H3 was if one was low in health and you out BR'ing one, come to the time you beat down the newb is dead not this dbl beat-down BS!!!!

• Like 1

I want to see the BR return but with a bit of a lower fire rate. I think its a great weapon but thats just the problem with it. There should never be an all purpose weapon in Halo, the last time there was one it was the pistol from Halo 1! I understand bloom was an attempt at this but they should have just decreased the fire rate a bit instead. Or at least don't let people spawn with the BR in matchmaking and have it lying around with ammo to get 2-3 kills only. It's a great gun but its just way too powerful! that combined with bumper jumper ruined competitive mp for me, whereas I enjoyed matches where people didn't use that combination

to be honest, i really could live without the DMR, it doesn't really bother me with ZB,

desperate for a ranking system, halo was built around that basically, the aspect of winning for levels, not just winning for "lol, Credits."

the rest i can't seem to agree with, Reach is still pretty popular with a lot of people, the reason it isn't as popular as it should be however is because of 2 reasons.

1. People can't adapt to change, so they give up instantly

2. Games like BF3 and MW3 have come out, so obviously more people are going to play them, what would you rather a play? a game that came out 2 days ago? or a game that came out a year ago? the answer seems pretty obvious.

i think there will be a huge slump if they keep the non ranking system and keep bloom, bloom seemed to be the killer, however, i trust in 343industries and their ability, and if they have frankie, they can't really go wrong. :)

We need to be strong HALO community and not allow for 343 to make the same mistake BUNGIE ended up doing.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back a ranking system - makes the game have a meaning.

-Yes, very good ranking system. It'll bring back that great feel that Halo used to have.

-Dang right it did. I didn't like the bloom at all.

Get rid of perks or at least Armor Lock who ever thought that that was a good idea, well we all know, LOL.

-Yep, that stuff like armor lock and invisibility whenever you wanted was terrible. I don't want any armor abilities in Halo 4.

-Yeah, I loved the Battle Rifle. DMR was a terrible successor to the BR.

IF none of this is considered HALO will simply goo bust people prefer COD or Battlefields and the only originality Halo had was lost in Reach when they stupidly tried to copy them with EXP systems and STUPID perks.

I would love to speak to 343 and Im sure millions of experience HALO gamers would too.

-I do, occasionally.

Truly, I think Halo Reach was very good, but felt a little bit like CoD. Like with the Armor Abilities and bloom. I want what they did with Halo 3 back. That and Halo: CE were the best Halos ever.

I STRONGLY AGREE, honestly though I hated the halo 3 ranking system because it was stupid and random. If you started a new account and got had 0 EXP, then played with someone with -1,000 EXP then play doubles and you will have a 50 in less than 20 games. HOWEVER, if you were level 49 with 3,400 EXP it would honestly take you roughly 40 wins to get to 50.

Ok, due to the fact that I have not played much Halo 3 online (you can tell that if you look at my Bungie.net profile, lol) I cannot give a voice for or against the ranking system. BUT I have something to say about the perks. I like sprint. Its a nice little boost for when you are running behind someone and want a nice little assassination :) know what i mean? I do like jetpack for the most part...i just suck at using it. Now, armor lock...has got to go...its just rediculous. Pretty much all of the other perks i enjoy to a point. The drop shield is nice for long games of Firefight. Especially when you want to play it with someone less experienced. Makes it more fun when they don't die every second and use up all of your lives...Active camo...that one is a fail in Reach. I loved picking that up in the old Halo and running up to someone and throwing a plasma grenade on THEIR FACE!!! So much fun. But i know, they tried to make it fair cause you could totally dominate if you used it right, but i am just saying. If youre gonna use it and include it in the game...use it right...or not at all. And yes, i do play reach. I actually just went and got 2 of the daily challenges already today. (at like, 10 this morning). I want to see the Beta and see what 343i is bringing to the table. Once i see their formula and how they present the game and how they work it with the players i can tell you more of what i like or dont like or see or dont want to see.

No sprint! halo does not need sprint. The halo 2 running speed was fine and mlg halo 3 was also very good. Sprint is ******* dumb and allows little pussys to just run away.
  • Like 1

Yet another halo 3 playing, Halo Reach hater:

"Who play's reach any more"...uuhh....lets see: over 86,906 of the 108,996 people currently playing Halo (correct as of 11.49pm 11/dec/2011) do. The 86,906 figure I've quoted is the extact number of people playing un-altered playlists in halo reach. The 108,996 is every one playing Halo 3 and Reach at the date and time spicefied. Of that only 17507 are playing Halo 3.

Which proves if 343 kept every thing the same from halo Reach in Halo 4 matchmaking they would in fact not go bust, unless I'm very much mistaken thats a majority of the community, as currently playing halo prefuring un-atlered REACH matchmaking to all other halo matchmaking options.

I would hazard a guess based on the evidence that they would actualy do worse if they brought back Halo 3 matchmaking as standard gameplay.

Besides 5 shots require more skill then 4 shots, 4 shot weapons are for noobs who cant think ahead same goes for bashing(pummling) through sheilds (like in halo 3) thats a noobs best friend, they should keep the double beat down system.

I do some what agree with the ranking system comment though, because I like the ranking as a badge of been a good player not how long you've played, however its pretty un-nessary.

• Like 2

No sprint! halo does not need sprint. The halo 2 running speed was fine and mlg halo 3 was also very good. Sprint is ******* dumb and allows little pussys to just run away.

Also allows for you to catch up and assassinate. It has its pros and cons. To be honest, alot of people i have seen make posts on this subject seem to think sprint should stay. I definitely do. It gets me out of trouble. Gets me some kills i wouldnt otherwise get. Like if someone is about to run around a corner and i am right behind them, i can get the kill before someone else does. I dont know about you...but i like getting alot of kills. LOL

Yet another halo 3 playing, Halo Reach hater:

"Who play's reach any more"...uuhh....lets see: over 86,906 of the 108,996 people currently playing Halo (correct as of 11.49pm 11/dec/2011) do. The 86,906 figure I've quoted is the extact number of people playing un-altered playlists in halo reach. The 108,996 is every one playing Halo 3 and Reach at the date and time spicefied. Of that only 17507 are playing Halo 3.

Which proves if 343 kept every thing the same from halo Reach in Halo 4 matchmaking they would in fact not go bust, unless I'm very much mistaken thats a majority of the community, as currently playing halo prefuring un-atlered REACH matchmaking to all other halo matchmaking options.

I would hazard a guess based on the evidence that they would actualy do worse if they brought back Halo 3 matchmaking as standard gameplay.

Besides 5 shots require more skill then 4 shots, 4 shot weapons are for noobs who cant think ahead same goes for bashing(pummling) through sheilds (like in halo 3) thats a noobs best friend, they should keep the double beat down system.

I do some what agree with the ranking system comment though, because I like the ranking as a badge of been a good player not how long you've played, however its pretty un-nessary.

Ive seen alot of quotes saying that no one plays Reach. Thats not true. As this guy points out.