Halo:CEA- Pros and Cons

Mr. Welldone

Here's a thread where you can talk about the goods and bads about Halo:CEA and the original... Or maybe comparison to the other Halos...

One thing I think Halo:CEA should have had, is a theater for it's campaign. I found some interesting stuff that I wanted record (not on Youtube) and put it on a fileshare. I also think it could be used to make some cool screenshots for both classic and remastered graphics.

The only negatives I have are these:

• Very laggy Co-Op
  • Sudden audio cutouts
  • Music becoming too quiet during a cutscene/certain area of the game, when it was much louder and intense in the original. (The cutscene where you escape the Autumn and are about to land on Halo is a fine example)
  • A little bit of texture pop-in here and there. (Not too big a deal, though)
  • The original atmosphere of certain levels being completely destroyed by too much lighting.

I'd give the single player/split-screen campaign a 4/5, but I'd give the overall thing a 3.5/5, considering Co-Op over XBL is kind of broken (due to the terrible lag), and it was being one of the "big" things they were touting. Being able to view terminals from the main menu is a nice addition, and I'm sure The Library is also pretty nice for Kinect users. I don't care about the multiplayer side, considering they give you a map pack code in the box. It's nice that they allow you to play the Anniversary playlists from the disc, but this isn't something too special to me (since I already have Halo: Reach).