Official Halo 4 Facts and Rumors [No Open Beta]

SamF1sh

Halo DOESN'T need to have inter-exchangeable ammunition. That would entirely change Halo's gameplay. If you are ok with Halo doing that, the more and more you are ok with to change, the more you are giving 343 room to make Halo into something it isn't and was never meant to be. If you keep tweaking something, eventually it will be something entirely different.

-and I did feel like I was in games other than Reach. What makes me feel like I'm in the game is feeling like a spartan. With jump height like a Spartan, SHIELDS like a Spartan. A Battle Rifle like a Spartan. Halo doesn't need to maintain it's changes that have been made. It needs to get back the feel of Halo.

hey guys...look at the "covenant-like ship" in the halo 4 trailer...it looks like the Ark doesnt it?? Think about it. When did the flood get that?

it says he is back to his own destiny. The Oracle is behind this. I mean, who was in EVERY terminal?

Dont think i believe this. But i've been told this so many times i figured i would post it...watcha think??

what are you talking about? its not a covenant ship its a forerunner shield world called sigma 7, and what do you mean "when did the flood get that" get what?, and the oracle (343 guilty spark) was destroyed by MC so he wont be in halo 4 if thats what you are saying.

Idk how I feel about them putting Halo Wars stuff in Halo 4 because I've never really played it. I owned it/preordered it, but never really played it all that much. I definitely wouldn't want them to if it was at the expense of any other vehicles. But I don't think that stuff is true anyways because its FOR HALO WARS. Just the act of people trying to start stuff.

GODSABOMINATION found this information for us in XBOX Magazine. Nice work!

concept-art-halo-4-forest-design.jpg

Waking up and realizing that it's 2012 — or in Master Chief's case, 2553 — is a joyous occasion if for no other reason than it means one thing: Halo 4 will be out this year. We sat down with 343 Industries Franchise Development Director Frank O'Connor to get an update.

On how much focus Halo: CE Anniversary took away from Halo 4:

“Out of 200-plus people working at our studio, roughly 200 are working on Halo 4.”

On whether they will collaborate again with Certain Affinity, the studio founded by former Halo 2 lead multiplayer designer Max Hoberman:

“Certain Affinity will absolutely be working with us again. They’re a part of our family.”

Clarifying whether or not that means Certain Affinity will be doing multiplayer maps forHalo 4:

“We are definitely building Halo 4 multiplayer stuff in-house, [but] would we consider working with [them] on that stuff? Of course. They’ve done some of the best maps for everything since Halo 2.”

On whether or not they’ve been fighting an uphill battle with fans simply because they’re not Bungie:

“When people see what we’ve been able to achieve technologically, and how both careful and ambitious we’ve been with the gameplay — those things sound contradictory but they’re not — I think they’ll become more and more confident [in us].”

mc_end.jpg

On whether or not any of the new engine technology from Anniversary will make its way into Halo 4:

“The technology in Halo: CE Anniversary is really cool, but it has nothing to do with the technology that [the Halo 4 team] is working on.”

On just how different Halo 4 will be from Bungie’s games:

“The core of what’s going to make Halo 4 great is some of the universe building and gameplay creation that Bungie seeded way back in Halo: CE.”

On where changes might be most visible:

“Now is the time when we really need to do something fresh and new and re-inject some new life…at least in multiplayer.”

On how lost you’ll be, storywise, if you play Halo 4 without having ever played Halobefore:

“If Halo 4 is your first [Halo] game, that’s fine — don’t worry about it.”

One thing to take into consideration is the possible comeback of Guilty Spark, the somewhat unpredictable yet amable monitor who we have learned may have once been a human very important to the Halo: forerunner saga story line. This is hinted at in the ending of Halo Primordium, where he takes over the [ONI?] ship upon which he was being interrogated and proclaims to the crew that he knows where the lifeshaper is, and takes off. I can only guess when in the timeline 343 was being interrogated, but it seems that it occurs sometime after the incident at Installation 04 and during a time when Humanities forces are not largely destroyed (because the ship was in a fleet when 343 took it over)

Also I wouldn't mind If the Reach engine is used, I just dont want the old gameplay to become overused. Dont get me wrong, the original Halo experience was great (I believe that Halo 3 had the best campaign, Bungie really recaptured some of the things that made CE great) but change is always welcome in my book! Well as long as the left trigger is never associated with zooming in....

• Like 1