Halo @ RTX 2017 | "Halo Summer Celebration" Community Update

UJLQEQRDQqWSeAlJxHmUng.png

h5-4k-announce_v4.1-d474ee7f607d428a9331

343industries had their panel at Rooster Teeth's RTX 2017 event today, where they discussed future content and support for already released Halo titles from then to now. At E3 2017, the Xbox One X was officially revealed, along with some launch titles that run at 4k 60fps. Unfortunately, Halo did not have a spot at this years E3, and caused many to speculate whether any Halo title was in the works, or if Halo 5 was to get the 4k treatment. Today, 343 confirmed that Halo 5: Guardians will indeed get the 4k 60 fs treatment later this fall when the Xbox One X releases on NOVEMBER 7, 2017.

backcompatibility_visid_comingsoon-ca2fa

Halo 5 in 4k wasn't the only announcement 343 had today, as they revealed that Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo 4 will be coming to backwards compatibility very soon, and all DLC including Halo: Reach's and Halo Wars' DLC will be free going forward. In fact, the DLC's are free now on the Xbox Marketplace website! Halo 3 and ODST on Xbox One are playable at RTX also. (Assuming you're at RTX in the first place.)

Halo 3 Addons

Halo Reach Addons

Halo Wars Addons

Halo 4 Addons

seasonpass_1920x1080-55abc52a6c8e4a6fa5c

Halo Wars 2 Season Pass holders are getting two more months worth of content before the launch of the Awakening the Nightmare expansion in the Fall. This month's content drop will feature a returning UNSC leader, Serina! This month will also drop the UNSC Campaign expansions based off of Operation SPEARBREAKER during the events of Halo Wars 2 against Banished forces. In August, we get a taste of Unggoy might as Yapyap the Destroyer comes into the fray. This may mean we'll get a Grunt Goblin mech as a unit! (pls)

halo5guardiansbanner-e9e86765cbf74d82b5a

Halo 5 is getting another playlist update this fall in time for Halo 3's 10 year Anniversary. Though it's not an Anniversary title, Halo 5 will be getting a dedicated Halo 3 classic playlist in the future. It is being built from scratch with the maps being made in Forge and will use "classic" gameplay settings. More info to come soon! New season has started today as well! Jump into arena and get those ranks in! (If you want.) Snipers is back up for the season and fan-favorite modes such as Warzone Turbo, Mythic Shotty Snipers and Double XP Weekend will be returning soon!

Source: Halo Summer Celebration

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 7

Lots of big news in this update. For me though it feels too little too late. I'm still very into Halo 5 and I've played the older Halos recently and couldn't get back into that slow gameplay. I'm still excited for the rise of activity the Halo community will see.

• Like 1

Damn, this is awesome news! 

Hopefully Halo 3 via BC runs more smoothly than The Master Chief Collection!! I'm interested to see how Serina plays, she might be able to field some of the classic Halo Wars units?

"Halo 5 will be getting a dedicated Halo 3 classic playlist in the future. It is being built from scratch with the maps being made in Forge and will use "classic" gameplay settings."

This. Love this. Can't wait to see how it plays.  

YapYap seems to have some interesting engravings on his armour? Is that the Arbiter receiving his branding from Tartarus, or am I just delusional

Thanks for the update, Ardent! 

• Like 1

Damn, this is awesome news! 

Hopefully Halo 3 via BC runs more smoothly than The Master Chief Collection!! I'm interested to see how Serina plays, she might be able to field some of the classic Halo Wars units?

"Halo 5 will be getting a dedicated Halo 3 classic playlist in the future. It is being built from scratch with the maps being made in Forge and will use "classic" gameplay settings."

This. Love this. Can't wait to see how it plays.  

YapYap seems to have some interesting engravings on his armour? Is that the Arbiter receiving his branding from Tartarus, or am I just delusional

Thanks for the update, Ardent! 

If I had to make a guess about Serina, maybe they'll bring back Sparrowhawks and Gremlins?

And Yapyap's markings seems to look like other Unggoy are worshipping him. Then again, he is wearing Truth's crown.

Edited by Ardent
  • Like 1

Did not notice Truth's crown :blush:. Yeah, ignore that whole Arbiter thing haha. Gremlins would be awesome!! Is there a leader in HW2 that focuses on EMP attacks?   

Somewhat. Johnson uses an EMP Mac Blast and Ripa uses a stasis field but that's really it.

• Like 1

These HW2 DLC are so far a let down... Colony is byfar the best thing they've introduced, just hopefully these next two leaders can hold up to that good playability.

As for the backwards compat announcement.

Eh.. I guess, No reason for me to play them though as I owned them on disc. And screw installing Halo 4 with the extra disc, and then installing the actual disc.

Halo 3 is the only one I bought physically, so maybe we can all go back to Halo 3 and have some fun? At least play a stable campaign and stream it for HTA.

• Like 2

Yay! I can have my Halo 5 experienced scaled to 4k which will look the same as stock Halo 5. Awesome! Please note obvious sarcasm. Look I know 4k has all this buzz about it, but the reality of 4k vs standard 1080p or 720i actually has a very diminished return. Meaning that the difference in fidelity can often look exactly the same albeit a slight contrast difference, or in reality, actually look worse than the earlier resolutions.

Halo 5 was not designed with 4k native output neither were the animations created with a full 60fps length. The hardware scales them to smooth them out and fake it. Don't believe me or think that it can't be done? Check out Halo CE and the app extension that does exactly that for CE.

343 is riding the "buzz" of 4k to move games, nothing more. Graphical output fidelity will not help an already drained franchise with no real creativity left, succeed.

These HW2 DLC are so far a let down... Colony is byfar the best thing they've introduced, just hopefully these next two leaders can hold up to that good playability.

.And screw installing Halo 4 with the extra disc, and then installing the actual disc.

Its only a 1 Disc Install on X1 as Battlefield 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 both have 2 discs but only 1 is required to install thankfully.