Classic Playlist needs minor fixes

jaymore012

As a CE fan my favorite playlist is the classic playlist, but there's a couple of problems in it.

I know it's not strictly CE multiplayer because there's DMRs and a different AR.

1. Bloom on the pistol is not necessary, the RoF got lowered to match the M6D... The bloom is very random. Sometimes when you spam the trigger the bloom will reset much faster than it's supposed to. Test it out if you don't believe me.

2. The AR needs to be the beatdown weapon from Halo 3. You currently have to take their shields out before you can pummel them. Thats not fair for AR users, nor is it balanced. Increase the beatdown back up to 100%.

3. Take bloom off of DMR too.

They tried to make it as close to Halo CE ad possible. The beatdowns were 3 and the pistol was OP and not super accurate. The DMR wasn't in CE and I haven't really seen any in the playlist, but I also haven't played it that much. Also, without the bloom on the pistol, the game would be far too easy. I mean come on, 3 shots with perfect accuracy at like super speed? That would hectic.

The pistol always had a firing spread. In halo 1 it was way worse than it is in the CEA playlist with the tweaks.

Bloom should not be on the DMR? SO you want a slower paced Battlerifle then?

Beatdown or melee attacks are not specific to the weapon, but to what type of animation is called by the weapaon tag. By default the only melee animations that have a different value for damage is the slice melee effect tag. Which is why even on a map that had maybe 50% melee damage, a single energy sword lunge or melee slice with the sword should still instant kill, unless they changed the melee damage multiplyers for everything. Which in this case it could have been an overall change, or certain change.

The Bloom on the pistol is fine...even though there was no bloom in the original the pistol didn't shoot perfect so the bloom makes it feel right. I have no idea what you are talking about with the assault rifle its fine...it doesn't need to be like halo 3 its the the Halo 3 anniversary edition is the Halo CE Anniversary (I realize most gamers weren't old enough to have played much Halo CE competitively but it feels right.) The DRM bloom is irrelevant it shouldn't actually be in the playlist at all thankfully it only appears in Battle Creek, but it serves no purpose as the pistol is significantly better then the DMR so put the thing down and use the pistol like you should be.

I get it...some people like bloom. what was the point of zero bloom in the TU beta then? It was one of the top gametypes in that playlist. You'd think it be for the classic playlist. Is there a Halo 2 style gametype coming soon? With a 4 shot kill DMR?

I don't know about halo anniversary playlist updates but I do know about the new MLG playlist on reach. On December 1st, the MLG playlist will be updated and have NO bloom. I dont play that much Reach but ill most likely check this out.