Halo Spec-Ops Game

ImSomeSandwich

So, I have a question. Would anyone like to see a Halo stealth game? I don't mean something along the lines of ODST, I mean something like Metal Gear but maybe in first person. Imagine this. 

You are an ONI assassin, you work within the Section Zero branch of ONI, you do the sp00py stuff, the very scary hidden secret work that would cause anarchy throughout the UNSC controlled planets. You use the best of the best, from ONI sound rifles to wearing a customized ODST suit which allows stealth-camo. You go from planet to planet, armed with an M6CSOCOM pistol and of course, your good ol' Sound Rifle. You assassinate politicians who have their noses where they shouldn't be, and you also go assassinate Insurrection leaders, or hell even Covenant leaders (Storm or Regular Covenant) You use the environment to your advantage, and you use brutal sneaky tactics that would make Noble 6 blush. 

Doesn't explain much, but I still gotta ask, would anyone play a game like this? I think being an ONI agent would honestly be freaking cool.

• Like 1

For a spinoff game, yes.

For a main title, no.

I'm all for expanding horizons, and taking Halo to new places, but I think the main titles should stay traditional FPSs -- you know, shooting fests. However, for spinoffs I'm all for it. I haven't read the books myself, but that sounds like an adaptation of the Kilo-Five Trilogy. Subterfuge, espionage, etc.

The problem is that they totally dropped the whole "ONI is EVIL" concept for Halo 5 despite having explicitly detailed its validity in Hunt The Truth. It would come out of left field to go in this direction if ONI remained irrelevant to the main story, which it looks like it will continue to be.