Halo Wars 2 Discussion Thread

Drizzy_Dan

halo-wars-2.jpg

With Halo Wars 2 just around the corner I figure it's more than appropriate to start this thread up. Feel free to discuss anything about Halo Wars 2 in this thread from multiplayer modes to the campaign. 

*PLEASE APPROPRIATELY MARK SPOILERS WITH THE SPOILER TAG*

If you're unsure what you're saying is a spoiler, put it in the spoiler anyway.

If you want to be spoiled then be spoiled by no one other than Haruspis, who received a copy early of Halo Wars 2 and has written a detailed blog post on his impressions of the campaign here.

Everything else can just be written below. Share your hopes, strategies, and thoughts.

• Like 2

All spoilers all the way:

So the Halo at the end the game is the replacement for the Halo in CE.

But the Halo in Halo 1 was orbiting a brown gas giant and the one at the end of Halo 5 was orbiting a blue gas giant but I suppose it could of been forced out of slipspace by the Guardian into orbit around another gas planet

Anders said the Ark always has a back up ready to go. The one in Halo 3 could of been the first one, got destroyed, so the Ark, on auto pilot, just made a second one.

From Halo 1 to Halo 3 was only a few months which is why the Halo in Halo 3 wasn’t fully finished. From Halo 3 to Halo Wars 2 was like 5 years, which is why the second one was fully finished.

The game ends with a scene of Atriox and his army still left on the ark which is presumably where the multi-player picks up. Atriox and SoF fighting for control of the Ark. I believe they are doing Campaign DLC, which may be from Atriox's view.

Major problem,

The Warthog at the start was the post Covenant war model (square bullet shield and jerry cans). That really ground my gears as SoF wouldn't of had access to it, just coming out of hiding after 30 years and all. Literally unplayable.

• Like 1

All spoilers all the way:

So the Halo at the end the game is the replacement for the Halo in CE.

But the Halo in Halo 1 was orbiting a brown gas giant and the one at the end of Halo 5 was orbiting a blue gas giant but I suppose it could of been forced out of slipspace by the Guardian into orbit around another gas planet

Anders said the Ark always has a back up ready to go. The one in Halo 3 could of been the first one, got destroyed, so the Ark, on auto pilot, just made a second one.

From Halo 1 to Halo 3 was only a few months which is why the Halo in Halo 3 wasn’t fully finished. From Halo 3 to Halo Wars 2 was like 5 years, which is why the second one was fully finished.

The game ends with a scene of Atriox and his army still left on the ark which is presumably where the multi-player picks up. Atriox and SoF fighting for control of the Ark. I believe they are doing Campaign DLC, which may be from Atriox's view.

Major problem,

The Warthog at the start was the post Covenant war model (square bullet shield and jerry cans). That really ground my gears as SoF wouldn't of had access to it, just coming out of hiding after 30 years and all. Literally unplayable.

Yes, we know this. Installation 04B was destroyed, because Chief pre-fired it, which is the whole reason Johnson died. Installation 00 makes a replacement, but that doesn't mean it's complete. 04B was launched really early, Refugia wasn't even taken in effect yet. Except for the Control Room. (And that was barely done, the only reason it was started was because it was needed. That's all known, everyone knows that. 

So after the destruction of 04B in Halo 3, Installation 00 started to make a full replacement, 04C. Although, it was already known it could've been 2 Installations. 04C or 03B, since 03 was in need of repairs. But this is not the case, Installation 00 was in standby, which is exactly why the Banished were there. They could make another Installation (Of course, they didn't care which one. They just wanted one.) and send it somewhere. My guess is if the UNSC didn't interfere, Atriox would've activated the rings and destroyed everything. So he could rule by himself.

Also, the Halo Wars 2 Multiplayer is non-canon, it's just for RTS fun. There's no way they could make it canon, especially since SoF was so far behind in technology that Red Team don't even have shields. (Basically a game of SWAT, one Carbine shot could've killed them.)

As for you Warthog rage... Are you kidding me? That makes total sense to have Jerry cans on the Warthog. The only reason it wasn't in previous games was because of gameplay. Most Warthogs carry Jerry Cans, how do you think they fuel up? Plus, how does this bother you and not the fact that they now have Nightangle and Condors? Those are post-war was well. But yet, the only thing that bothers you is the Warthog? They have them because they took them from the UNSC wreckage...

As for you Warthog rage... Are you kidding me? That makes total sense to have Jerry cans on the Warthog. The only reason it wasn't in previous games was because of gameplay. Most Warthogs carry Jerry Cans, how do you think they fuel up? Plus, how does this bother you and not the fact that they now have Nightangle and Condors? Those are post-war was well. But yet, the only thing that bothers you is the Warthog? They have them because they took them from the UNSC wreckage...

Unplayable

The literal first scene of Red Team being dropped of from the Pelican they have the update Warthog. No chance to of gotten a replacement/updates.

UN-PLAY-ABLE

• Like 1

I finished the campaign today and was not that taken with it. I didn't feel emotionally invested in any of the characters and there wasn't any cutscene that made me excited or think, "Wow that was cool!" like in Halo Wars 1. The game was also quite predictable storywise. The gameplay however was very mixed and I enjoyed it. I just suck at it. 

It was good and the cutscenes were beautifully designed by Blur, but the storytelling felt kind of rough.

Unplayable

The literal first scene of Red Team being dropped of from the Pelican they have the update Warthog. No chance to of gotten a replacement/updates.
UN-PLAY-ABLE

This and Jerome being able to insert Isabel into the neural interface of his Mk. IV Mjolnir amor which isn't supposed to have a neural interface. Red Team must've gotten the cryo upgrade treatment from Serina that Cortana gave to Chief between Halo 3 and 4.

I finished the campaign today and was not that taken with it. I didn't feel emotionally invested in any of the characters and there wasn't any cutscene that made me excited or think, "Wow that was cool!" like in Halo Wars 1. The game was also quite predictable storywise. The gameplay however was very mixed and I enjoyed it. I just suck at it. 

It was good and the cutscenes were beautifully designed by Blur, but the storytelling felt kind of rough.

This and Jerome being able to insert Isabel into the neural interface of his Mk. IV Mjolnir amor which isn't supposed to have a neural interface. Red Team must've gotten the cryo upgrade treatment from Serina that Cortana gave to Chief between Halo 3 and 4.

Yeah, because Isabel couldn't have prepped that for him beforehand. In the first mission, he puts her in there, but she says she can't see anything. Later on when she's on the SoF, she does say "Where am I?" but when she's on route to the Enduring Conviction, Jerome most likely got a small upgrade for her to be in his neural interface. Same way Douglas was able to get new armor, that had a few little exrtra modifications.

Also, while there was more in-game cutscenes and dialogue (As there should be, you shouldn't be forced to watch cutscenes to understand what's going on which what was bad about the first Halo Wars. Halo Wars 2 did get rid of that stupid feature, making you have to play the campaign to understand what's going on, rather than watching the scenes in theatre.) however. You cannot tell me that Sentinel scene was not the best scene. 343 finally found a way to do what happened in Onyx, and they did what they could.

Edited by Fishy