Will the BR or DMR be in Halo 4?

rassman

I honestly believe it HAS to be the BR. Because the DMR was issued during Reach while the BR was issued during Halo 2. Which means the BR is the newer model. It also needs to be the BR because Chief could'nt possibly have a DMR because there were none on the frigate he was on at the end of Halo 3. So what do you think BR or DMR and what are your reasons?

Why do you ask stupid questions you already know the answer to?

Doubt the DMR would be in Halo 4. However.... The chances of having a BR could also be slim.. since it is a new game, and Chief is on a new planet, Chief may not have access to UNSC weapons and who knows what there will be. I could very well be wrong and he could have access to UNSC weapons.

We may very well find the successor to the BR in Halo 4. Who knows. It's all just speculation for now.

yes ther will be unsc in halo 4 if you watch the concept art trailer for halo 4 you will see pelican

Or Before CE (Halo: Reach) the AR was really good, and when Halo 1 they had to downgrade the AR for some reason and then so on.

-and if you forgot to say something in a post, you're supposed to hit "Edit" on the first post and add it. You can get spanked if you don't because you can boost that way.

They couldn't have had the BR in reach, cuz it wasn't invented yet.

You're an idiot, didn't you realize that they have the spartan laser in reach? Now how the hell does that make sense, they could have easily put the BR in but they wanted to screw the community over right before they left....

Logically, they should make weapon using the best features of both the BR and the DMR. A rifle which can be set to fire on either precision long range semi-automatic mode or 3 round burst suppressive fire mode. If they do this, it would probably become my favorite weapon of all time, for any game. This rifle would own everything in campaign and eliminate the need to start with two weapons in multiplayer.

Logically, they should make weapon using the best features of both the BR and the DMR. A rifle which can be set to fire on either precision long range semi-automatic mode or 3 round burst suppressive fire mode. If they do this, it would probably become my favorite weapon of all time, for any game. This rifle would own everything in campaign and eliminate the need to start with two weapons in multiplayer.

You want a good weapon. Not a SUPERWEAPON :laser: :lol: You do want a main, prominent, iconic weapon like the BR, but you don't want to over power it to triumph over anything else.

No, i want a weapon that is as realistic as possible. I loved the DMR because it was the first "sniper weapon" introduced in Halo that wasn't a 1 shot kill. It is also tremendously powerful at close to medium range if you know how to use it, put it would be interesting if 343 dded the ability to "spray" with it rather than just spam the trigger. Any way, i don't think has ever been a real weapon invented that can fire 3 round bursts but not semi-automatically....

Doubt the DMR would be in Halo 4. However.... The chances of having a BR could also be slim.. since it is a new game, and Chief is on a new planet, Chief may not have access to UNSC weapons and who knows what there will be. I could very well be wrong and he could have access to UNSC weapons.

We may very well find the successor to the BR in Halo 4. Who knows. It's all just speculation for now.

Well it's quite obvious some of the UNSC is in Halo 4. Why else is the Warthog in it? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Also, i doubt the DMR will be in Halo 4. But the BR, maybe, since there is Assualt Rifles in it. Again, please correct me if wrong. But however, the BR might not be there considering how it is Sigma 7 they're on. A forerunner planet.

P.S. About enemies on Sigma 7, in my opinion, i think the enemies will most likely be robots. lol :awesome:

I WANT THE BR WITH A SINGLE SHOT OPTION MAKING IT MORE STRONG (THE SINGLE SHOT MAKING IT MORE STRONG) AND DUAL SMG'S :drool: :awesome:

1. Weapon customization has never been a Halo thing, and I think it would mess with gameplay entirely too much. Even if there was a "single shot option", all it would be is just a reincarnation of the DMR. (-and NO OFFENSE... but why would making it single shot make it stronger? XD ...Just sayin. :P)

actually i think the battle rifle was invented before reach because they were in halo wars right and in the book ghosts of onyx which is a few years before the halo event, and i have explanation for crappy ar in 1 3 and odst... so all the good tech was lost in reach but the old tech from halo wars was probably still in use so after reach the tech was lost and they had to use the older stuff...am i right?

Reach doesn't follow the books in onyx the s-3 where teenagers so around 15 Kurt did put something in them that would help them mature which could cause them to look older if i remember but bungie said it didnt so im at a cross road

Edit: if i recall the 3's never left onyx so reach couldn't follow the books

• 4 weeks later...

If Halo 4 doesn't have a BR it will highly decrease their sales in the long run. Maybe not THAT much at first, but in the long run if they have people talking about how fun the gameplay is with stuff like the BR they will naturally sell more. The BR was one of the things that gave Halo the good feel to it. We need it back.

If Halo 4 doesn't have a BR it will highly decrease their sales in the long run. Maybe not THAT much at first, but in the long run if they have people talking about how fun the gameplay is with stuff like the BR they will naturally sell more. The BR was one of the things that gave Halo the good feel to it. We need it back.

We don't need it back. We need new weapons, new features, new mechanics, etc. I never saw what was so great about the Battle Rifle. To me, it was and is just a point and shoot weapon. I don't find it very difficult to use. In fact, I find it to be one of the simplest weapons in the entire series to use. I don't have to worry about climb, nor do I really have to worry that much about bullet spread or pacing my shots. It's all just opinion, though. I'd rather see a new precision weapon or two in Halo 4, rather than the BR making a return.