The Weekly Site Poll 52 - Playthroughs & Recommendations

I_Make_Big_Boom

l4T02BI.png

Heyy, welcome back to the Weekly Site Poll!  :)

Poll 51 - 'Halo Wars 2 Blitz Beta' - is here if you'd like to read the responses, or post a late reply.

This week we step back to talk about our own game playing activities...

pu74WAw.png

What is everyone playing right now?

Also, what do you recommend?

The next Weekly Site Poll will be posted whenever, maybe. Feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Weekly Site Poll in your response!

SD, out!  :split:
  • Like 3

I've been playing lots of Battlefield 1 lately as well as Halo. Recently I've been doing another playthrough of the Mass Effect series in preparation for Andromeda with a perfect playthrough and so far, it doing well. I'd recommend the series to anyone who's thought about playing it!

An idea for next poll? How about what scene in games hit you in the feels hardest? I mean, if we haven't done that yet.

• Like 2

I've been retraining some amiibos in Smash 4, because my friend and I just sicked them on level 9 CPUs instead of actually training them how to fight ourselves. I'm pleased with how Boooowserr has turned out so far. I'm also getting into streaming Halo or Don't Starve whenever I'm at home, where the wifi is reliable and the food is amazing. :P

As for recommendations... I'd recommend Stardew Valley, but only if you want a laid-back experience and have a lot of spare time. Otherwise, you might start playing and then look outside to see the sun rising. ;)

• Like 2

I've been playing a lot of Halo 5 and Battlefield 1. On the side I've been playing CoD again for the first time since Modern Warfare 3. Depending on how the next game goes, I may buy it.

As for recommendations, Modern Warfare Remastered.

• Like 2

Gonna join in on this meself.

I've primarily been playing Yu-Gi-Oh!: Duel Links on my phone, and it's pretty damned exceptional -- especially since it's a game underneath the Konami umbrella. The game is as classic as it gets when it comes to Yu-Gi-Oh!. As far as I know there's no Pendulum, Synchro, or Xyz summons, and I believe there is a hard cutoff between cards released before early GX-era, and after early GX-era. It is essentially the perfect Duel Monsters game, and what's icing on the cake is that you can duel against AND play as iconic characters like Seto Kaiba, Yami Yugi (dunno about Yugi Muto), Tea Gardner, Joey Wheeler, and Mai Valentine -- I don't know where Bakura & Yami Bakura, or Tristan are (prolly will get released later, or I'm not that far into the game yet). Or that Dungeon Dice Monsters dude (who cares about him anyway?). Anyway, not only them, but scumbag characters like Rex Raptor, Bandit Keith, Weevil Underwood, and Maximilian Pegasus (which I think is only obtainable from the Toon World event). This is like... a genius move by Konami. All of these characters are also voiced by the voice actors from the original show. Nothing is better than hearing "It's time to DUEL!" or "You're finished!" from Yami Yugi.

Though the game has its downsides. The field is restricted to 3 monster & trap/spell card zones, and the extra Main Phase was removed. You can duel against other people either directly or in a competitive sense, but I don't know if you can trade cards with them (you CAN buy them from a weird dealer guy, and from a card shop). The game also has microtransactions naturally, but not in an intrusive way. The game is free-to-play, and you can get nearly everything from grinding in-game, but the option to circumvent that with real money is there. Also, the game can only be played online, and there's MASSIVE server load (straight from the in-game announcement team's mouths, though paraphrased). A recent event, "Welcome to Toon World!", was suspended because of server issues. However, load times are generally average in length, and not that long.

Even with the problems I'm having a blast. Good on Konami for not being corporate a-holes this time around (not as much as usual anyway).

• Like 2

A mix of Titanfall 2 and Kotor

Titanfall 2 I got for christmas. Its a good game but I have been only playing multiplayer. Its got a lack of content but tbf it more than makes up for it becuase the gameplay is just soo godamm addicting its unreal.

And Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. I usually do a yearly playthrough of these games around the first few months of a new year. There the only games that don't get old for me and especially with the sequel I learn a new detail every time that adds insight to the story. As you have to do a lot of piecing together yourself and the story isn't laid out for you.

And yeah I recommend both if your looking for an awesome shooter and a two awesome RPG's.

• Like 2

A mix of Halo 3, Reach, Prey, Fable 3, Darkness 2, and COD 4 (With a lil dash of Ghosts mixed in as well) I dont really know why ive been playing older games more than newer ones recenty, but I do have to say my Halo 3 skills have greatly improved because of it. Someone should come play with me some time, I get sorta lonely when im having troubles finding matches :(

• Like 2

Slightly strange mix at the moment. My Warframe addiction is as strong as ever, but since it's been essay season for me I haven't been on nearly as much as usual - looking forward to getting back into that a bit over the coming weeks!

Other than that, I've been trialling a few new XCom mods (probably going to play Long War at some point in the near future) for when the current LP is done, and I've been messing about a bit with Minecraft on the PC along with a couple of other staff members. I'm in the middle of building a fortress across two mountains. It's pretty cool.

• Like 2

Rainbow Six Siege, Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta (defs going to pre-order it), Tellltale Batman series and like Ardent, the Mass Effect trilogy in prep for Andromeda 

Would definitely recommend Rainbow Six Siege, its got a full second year of content coming which is all free updates so theres still plenty to come

• Like 1

I've been playing Fallout 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary.

As much as I despise the execution of those games, they're still really great. MCC should have its praises sung because of how well its Campaigns work. I'd argue they're the prime versions to play.

Regarding me, aside from Duel Links I've been playing Resident Evil 5 with my cousin every couple weeks. A very underrated, and amazing game. One of the most solid games I've ever played, and I feel that it doesn't get enough credit -- Resident Evil 4 gets most of it. So yeah, I recommend that.

• Like 1