ban for leaving a terrible game

Max Xavier

so i play team slayer.  i get teamed up with absolute noobs vs absolute pros.  we are getting massacred 41-14.  why should i get banned for leaving?  we paid a lot of honest money for this system and love the game.  i want 343 to know how truly upset it makes people that their matchmaking sucks.  put players on teams based on their ratings.  thats absolute BS.  

so i play team slayer.  i get teamed up with absolute noobs vs absolute pros.  we are getting massacred 41-14.

Slayer, Team Arena, or Team Skirmish?

Team Slayer's in a lot of playlists, and it helps to know which one. (Even if it's just Slayer, saying which playlist still clarifies and DOES make a difference.)

why should i get banned for leaving?

Because it's a penalty... Halo 3 took away XP, even in Social Playlists... Halo: Reach had a ban timer... Halo 5 has a +recurring-ban-timer. It's only fair to ban you from joining a new game, because you were part of the problem of your teams failure.

we paid a lot of honest money for this system and love the game.

Not sure why this matters.

i want 343 to know how truly upset it makes people that their matchmaking sucks

It sucks because you got banned for being a sore loser. As a sweaty player myself, you're more of a disgust if you leave the game rather than finish it. And all that ban does is ensure I don't have to put up with you quitting on me in my next game, and if you do. That second quit is a definite ban that I can appreciate.

Put players on teams based on their ratings.  thats absolute BS.   

No, players are on teams based on their skill. Not ranking. If you start doing pretty bad for a couple games, you're going to be placed against other players who are bad or are doing pretty bad. If you start doing pretty good for a couple of games, you're going to be placed against other players who are doing good or are very good.

Your complaining about quitting is the more reason I love the banhammer. Although at times I hate it, it's still a needed addition and I'm glad it's in effect. It helps cycle the sore losers from the losers. Making a realistic pecking order.

• Like 1

I know and i can sympathise with you i hate being in games where there is no chance of winning and its basically a meat grinder. But the system dosent recognise you were getting rekt all it could see was that you had quit the game and as the others said you had quit others too before. My advice is, if a game is almost over just stick with it :)

• Like 1

I know and i can sympathise with you i hate being in games where there is no chance of winning and its basically a meat grinder. But the system dosent recognise you were getting rekt all it could see was that you had quit the game and as the others said you had quit others too before. My advice is, if a game is almost over just stick with it :)