Hardest moments in Halo 2?

Heinzkompf

The copious threads concernign the remaking of Halo 2 is beggining to be a bit of an eyesore to me. So, lets just get nostalgic and remember spending an hour just to get one checkoint or never quite comandeering that Banshee.

For myself, the hardest part of the game is on the all Flood missions. Especialy the one where you fight a giant robot in the beggining.

Any level on Legendary, lol. Seriously I just could not complete H2 on legendary, with practically a one shot death I found it to be unfair, :( .

Would agree the Flood were a lot tougher in H2 that 1 but I found the Cortana level in H3 on legendary to be as difficult as Heroic on any Flood level in H2. Sacred Icon was a good challenge but the end of Quarantine Zone on the Barge fighting the Flood with the other Elites but just fun, loved it!!

i would say... (this is all on legendary difficulty) the first lvl, were you first get grenades, and all of those elite majors, invisible elites, come out in about 10 waves. i have sooo many memories of dying soooo many times..... and the last lvl. i STILL cant get past the brute major (dont know how to spell his name), despite the fact i brought in a banshee and shot at him for HOURS. turns out i was mostly shooting at his hammer. also, i tried doing that duel-wield plasma rifle trick, drained his shield at times, but then got blown up by his coming companions. in the end i just gave up...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First level for sure. I had to gather all of the plasma pistols from one hangar to the next because there was checkpoint as I approached the next hangar. Took me forever. Not only do the Elites dodge plasma bursts on Legendary but also hide when their shields were hit. Absolutely insane!

• 2 weeks later...

The Mausoleum battle at the end of 'Gravemind' was almost impossible on Legendary if you actually joined in instead of just trying to sneak around the sides. I suppose it wasn't really hard in that it could be skipped, but if like me you were determined to clean out the room...

Uprising. It's quite deceiving. I blame the random spawns at some points but it's mostly because the enemies are nasty vicious monsters compared to when they were commanded by Elites. Or it could be the lack of enemy variety seen in Gravemind and Great Journey.