Three things that should be patched for campaign

ResidentRecon89

Here are some issues That need to be fixed in CEA,

Issue #1 : Frame rate issues, In some area's the frame rate is All Jittery

& even in allot of combat with allot of enemies.

Issue #2 : Delay in between each Jump

Issue #3 : Audio Cuts out in between Cuts scenes & gameplay.

With these issues Fixed, it would be problem Free.

How about you all start taking programing classes, you think its going to be perfect on the first run through. Halo never had an online component (except PC edition) of course there will be some issues, remember the original game is still in play, even when you have the new gen graphics active. Halo 1 was never meant to be played online, so its not 100% compatible to everyone in terms of connection and quality of signal. And as for the OP's points, I've never had any of those issues, might be your disc, the only thing I have notice is the slight delay of the lip movement and speech of most of the character, but that was expected.

They are quite aware of the lag issue as well as the community. See. this is what happens when the community gets what it wants. I'm pretty sure everyone has known for the past 10 years just how horrible the original netcode was, and the fact that the original game had no present working networking model to base off of.

Changing this single feature required an additional 2 years of re-engineering the engine code to handle the current day networking models we take for granted. They simply had to sacrifice it, in order to keep the game as it was 10 years ago, and instead just updated Reach's variant engine of Blam! to handle the networking between the old version and new version to allow co-op over Live. Now I know what you are thinking initially.....why not just use that method to perfect the Live Co-Op experience, or give us true H1 multiplayer. They couldn't. Simply put, updating Reach's engine to kinda translate loosely everything was simply like putting a band-aid on a severed body part. Couple this with only emulated hardware enviroments, and you have a lot of bugs that just can't be, or take too darn to be fixed. They did the best they could with the time and resources they had.

• Like 2

They are quite aware of the lag issue as well as the community. See. this is what happens when the community gets what it wants. I'm pretty sure everyone has known for the past 10 years just how horrible the original netcode was, and the fact that the original game had no present working networking model to base off of.

Changing this single feature required an additional 2 years of re-engineering the engine code to handle the current day networking models we take for granted. They simply had to sacrifice it, in order to keep the game as it was 10 years ago, and instead just updated Reach's variant engine of Blam! to handle the networking between the old version and new version to allow co-op over Live. Now I know what you are thinking initially.....why not just use that method to perfect the Live Co-Op experience, or give us true H1 multiplayer. They couldn't. Simply put, updating Reach's engine to kinda translate loosely everything was simply like putting a band-aid on a severed body part. Couple this with only emulated hardware enviroments, and you have a lot of bugs that just can't be, or take too darn to be fixed. They did the best they could with the time and resources they had.

At least someone here knows what they are talking about..... nicely put!

So far i've had no major issues playing co-op over xbl, loading between levels takes a bit, but i've personally had more issues with people quitting in the anniversary playlists than anything else, it's actually been worse than vanilla reach, out of the 10 matches I played last night only 2 had every player. Anyways, I still love this game and the new maps!

Here are some issues That need to be fixed in CEA,

Issue #1 : Frame rate issues, In some area's the frame rate is All Jittery

& even in allot of combat with allot of enemies.

Issue #2 : Delay in between each Jump

Issue #3 : Audio Cuts out in between Cuts scenes & gameplay.

With these issues Fixed, it would be problem Free.

Let's add the broken achievements ("All According to Plan"), the invisible barriers around everything from trees to rocks, that cause grenades, rockets, etc... to bounce back in your face and kill you.

If this is what 343 games are going to be like, I'm just happy it only cost me $30 to find out how bad they are and to realize I should never give them my money again.

How about you all start taking programing classes, you think its going to be perfect on the first run through. Halo never had an online component (except PC edition) of course there will be some issues, remember the original game is still in play, even when you have the new gen graphics active. Halo 1 was never meant to be played online, so its not 100% compatible to everyone in terms of connection and quality of signal. And as for the OP's points, I've never had any of those issues, might be your disc, the only thing I have notice is the slight delay of the lip movement and speech of most of the character, but that was expected.

He we go, an elitist that thinks because they didn't experience a specific problem means it's the gamer's fault, not poor code.

How about you realize that the game was SOLD to us, for a fee, promising certain things that simply do not work, or work very poorly.

It's simple enough to deal with, at least with my method; never give 343 another $ of your money. You can continue to buy their poor products and blind yourself to the poor quality, like every other blind, fanboy, elitist.

Now... where's the ignore button so I never have to see another post from this fanboy elitist?

Let's add the broken achievements ("All According to Plan"), the invisible barriers around everything from trees to rocks, that cause grenades, rockets, etc... to bounce back in your face and kill you.

If this is what 343 games are going to be like, I'm just happy it only cost me $30 to find out how bad they are and to realize I should never give them my money again.

He we go, an elitist that thinks because they didn't experience a specific problem means it's the gamer's fault, not poor code.

How about you realize that the game was SOLD to us, for a fee, promising certain things that simply do not work, or work very poorly.

It's simple enough to deal with, at least with my method; never give 343 another $ of your money. You can continue to buy their poor products and blind yourself to the poor quality, like every other blind, fanboy, elitist.

Now... where's the ignore button so I never have to see another post from this fanboy elitist?

Tell you what smart guy, I have that button and it's pointed right at you. This is a friendly forum, you want to trash talk fellow members simply because you feel differently than them? Bungie.net is still there and has a warm seat waiting for you.

• Like 2

First off, yes Frank stated this during a gameplay session he did for the campaign. He commented on many engine side things also. If you have taken the time to listen to him when he speaks, instead of of focusing your attention on visuals....you might learn something.

Secondly I have an extensive programming library of apps, code and API's. Programming simple things like these takes weeks to months. Realize that the people over at 343i all have normal jobs at 8 hrs a day. They do not work 24/7 nor can they simply whiz thru lines of code. Each portion of the engine is sub-categorized. Each section that is even changed as little as one syntax or a single digit, has to be passed off to all other sub-sections for testing before it can be determined that one single edit is stable and does not break code. Imagine having to do this for 13,000 full lines of code. It takes time....

As for you Demon, yes it is your fault you experience these things. What you are referring to is player walls and collision boundaries. Every Halo game has them, and depending on which part of CEA you are talking about, the collision for CEA remastered version uses the same collision raw, as the original. I will not go into detail as to why this was done since previous posts elsewhere tell you this already. If it multiplayer, then again you are at fault. If you are going to be a good competitive player, shouldn't you first learn the layout of the maps? Learn what works best and where? What are the map limits? You choosing to ignore these simplistic options is not the developers fault.

• Like 1