What would it take for you to not buy Halo 6?

PHIL0S0PHY

What would it take for you personally to not buy Halo 6? I am not making a topic to bash on 343i, or for other people to bash on 343i, but I just want to create discussion. Will you continue buy Halo no matter what because you love the franchise, or are you willing to not buy the game unless it earns your money?

Here are reasons that I won't buy the game at launch.

If it doesn't have split screen at launch

If it doesn't have Forge at launch

If it doesn't have Theater mode at launch

If it doesn't have both a competitive(arena) and social playlist at launch.

If it doesn't have a file share at launch

Here is something I don't think is likely, but if it doesn't have online co-op at launch.

What would it take for you to not buy Halo 6 at launch?

• Like 1

As much as I adore Halo, I still wouldn't buy a Halo game unless it earns my money ie Halo Wars 2 does not but Halo 5 does. I won't buy Halo 6:

1. If they remove the REQ system

2. If they revert to classic game play

3. If they remove Warzone

I would have put Splitscreen up there but I've lived without in Halo 5 and I can do the same with Halo 6. Same with Forge and Theather, they don't bother me at all.

As much as I adore Halo, I still wouldn't buy a Halo game unless it earns my money ie Halo Wars 2 does not but Halo 5 does. I won't buy Halo 6:

1. If they remove the REQ system

2. If they revert to classic game play

3. If they remove Warzone

I would have put Splitscreen up there but I've lived without in Halo 5 and I can do the same with Halo 6. Same with Forge and Theather, they don't bother me at all.

The req system made me not want to buy Halo 5 for the longest time.

Halo 5, I do actually semi own Halo 5 now and I regret all money spent (mainly becuase no splitscreen and the lack of offline modes like firefight, bots or a good campaign.) So unless you have all that then I won't be buying it. Despite the fact the Halo story is ruined I'm still semi intrested but I've got youtube for that so its all good.

• Like 1

I don't understand why it's such a bad thing. I would type a whole answer but the video 343 released explaining REQs does it for me.

It's a slot machine random number generator. You don't earn reqs, it is completely random, whether or not you are an awesome player, it doesn't make a difference in reqs. You could play for ever, and you have a chance to never get everything there is to offer. It's meant for people to put money into it. It's made Halo and warzone "Play to win" and essentially "pay to play" because Warzone isn't fun unless you have a ton of reqs for power weapons and vehicles.

It's a slot machine random number generator. You don't earn reqs, it is completely random, whether or not you are an awesome player, it doesn't make a difference in reqs. You could play for ever, and you have a chance to never get everything there is to offer. It's meant for people to put money into it. It's made Halo and warzone "Play to win" and essentially "pay to play" because Warzone isn't fun unless you have a ton of reqs for power weapons and vehicles.

Yes the idea is for people to throw money into it, just like every other similar system. But unlike the rest, you don't need to. And no, you will unlock everything because it will always give you a new unlock unless you buy Bronze but that's out of the question.

"Pay to win" is certainly wrong. It doesn't matter that I have Jorge's Chaingun, I still can't use it until I get level 6 REQs . Even when I do spawn one in, I'm still killable. Same with every other power weapon and vehicle.

Warzone isn't fun without power weapons and vehicles? How? I never use any of my REQs, ever. I still destroy beat boxers and it's enjoyable.

EDIT: You are SR9. You can't really complain about not getting what you want because, going on some estimates, you have opened about 8 packs max. 16 unlocks.

Plus it's much better now as you can unlock two items buy still unlock an emblem alongside that whereas you couldn't at launch.

Edited by Kakashi_Hatake

Yes the idea is for people to throw money into it, just like every other similar system. But unlike the rest, you don't need to. And no, you will unlock everything because it will always give you a new unlock unless you buy Bronze but that's out of the question.

"Pay to win" is certainly wrong. It doesn't matter that I have Jorge's Chaingun, I still can't use it until I get level 6 REQs . Even when I do spawn one in, I'm still killable. Same with every other power weapon and vehicle.

Warzone isn't fun without power weapons and vehicles? How? I never use any of my REQs, ever. I still destroy beat boxers and it's enjoyable.

EDIT: You are SR9. You can't really complain about not getting what you want because, going on some estimates, you have opened about 8 packs max. 16 unlocks.

Plus it's much better now as you can unlock two items buy still unlock an emblem alongside that whereas you couldn't at launch.

Every time I play, I get killed by power weapons and vehicles every time I walk out.

Every time I play, I get killed by power weapons and vehicles every time I walk out.

Warzone is a REQ-zone.

It essentially evolves around using REQ's, which is the ONLY game mode that rely's on them.

You don't use your REQ's, you don't win. It's simple. Trying to take out an enemy team with Rockets, Lasers, Snipers, Answers, Tanks, and Aircrafts with your SMG and Battle Rifle isn't going to do you ANY good.

You're gonna get shit on. Plain and Simple.

You need to make the match expensive, not super expensive (Unless you're facing iSpiteful) otherwise you're going to get you arse kicked.

Same goes for Firefight. It's freaking Warzone, play it like you should. If you can't beat them or do a lot of damage with your BR, DMR, SMG, etc. Then why the hell are you still trying, thinking you'll get somewhere? Cause you know you won't, or hope someone else will? Essentially you're telling everyone, you don't really care and ruining a good game for everyone.

Warzone is a REQ-zone.

It essentially evolves around using REQ's, which is the ONLY game mode that rely's on them.

You don't use your REQ's, you don't win. It's simple. Trying to take out an enemy team with Rockets, Lasers, Snipers, Answers, Tanks, and Aircrafts with your SMG and Battle Rifle isn't going to do you ANY good.

You're gonna get **** on. Plain and Simple.

You need to make the match expensive, not super expensive (Unless you're facing iSpiteful) otherwise you're going to get you arse kicked.

Same goes for Firefight. It's freaking Warzone, play it like you should. If you can't beat them or do a lot of damage with your BR, DMR, SMG, etc. Then why the hell are you still trying, thinking you'll get somewhere? Cause you know you won't, or hope someone else will? Essentially you're telling everyone, you don't really care and ruining a good game for everyone.

That's my problem with Warzone, if you're a new player how are you expected to do well or enjoy it? Warzone relies on the random number slot machine that you can either out money into or just play multiplayer (skill is irrelevant). You don't earn you just get. It's pointless. Today's games you don't have to do certain things I.e. ten headshots, 10 wins, so on earn things, you just play and you get.

Want to a tank in warzone? Either throw money st the system or play until you randomly get it. Super fun!!

Warzone isn't fun to me because weapons you spawn with initially are useless, and it requires power weapons and vehicles that you get by spending actual money or just playing an arbitrary amount of games until you randomly get it.

So yeah, pay to play and pay to win essentially, or play an arbitrary about of games until you get what you need randomly.

• Like 1

That's my problem with Warzone, if you're a new player how are you expected to do well or enjoy it? Warzone relies on the random number slot machine that you can either out money into or just play multiplayer (skill is irrelevant). You don't earn you just get. It's pointless. Today's games you don't have to do certain things I.e. ten headshots, 10 wins, so on earn things, you just play and you get.

Want to a tank in warzone? Either throw money st the system or play until you randomly get it. Super fun!!

Warzone isn't fun to me because weapons you spawn with initially are useless, and it requires power weapons and vehicles that you get by spending actual money or just playing an arbitrary amount of games until you randomly get it.

So yeah, pay to play and pay to win essentially, or play an arbitrary about of games until you get what you need randomly.

Couldent agree more, Fishy, your making a good point but you cant defend warzone.

Its not pay to win in the traditional sense obviously but if your a new player and you have not got anything and all your hoping on is RNG to give you something decent that you can actually use because everything everyone else has is God tier. Then no wonder you'd be a little annoyed.

Its easy after a year of playing to sit back on your high horse and say "just wait" but that's because it was all fair back when you were unlocking because everyone else was too but now its been a year warzone is basically pay to win for new players and your not even guaranteed anything for your money that could help you win, just a chance.

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 2

Haha, yeah I'm not a great player, I didn't say I was. But anyway, my opinion has no worth because of the links you provided.

Just play with people who have them, and can help you.

The only way you'll be able to play better, is to get better.

• 1 month later...

I played messed up Halo 5 only for a while. I turned back to MCC which is faaar more funny and better.

I will not buy Halo 6, if:

there will be no Split-screen again as default function

game will hardly push me to spend real money for things that should be as defaults

it will be so hard to reach armor permutations

there will be REQ system

Warzone will not have power weapons and vehicles as default

there will not be Theater

campaign will not be focused on Master Chief and if it will not be much more longer

there will be lack of Social playlists (Action sack, Griffball, Infection, etc.)

game will not turn back to its roots in gameplay

Shortly - if 343+MS will do it their own, capitalist, way without pinch of healthy sense.

i wouldn't buy it if:

There weren't another playable race like elites

If it was all Pay to win

No vehicle based game mode

No infection

No forge

More Cliffhangers

if in Warzone you have to constantly unlock new weapons just to have them. They should be that amount of what you have gotten per game.

If no split screen

If no Ai in forge

If costs 100+ $$$

If they don't return some of the original Art style and Awe factor

i will actually be buying it regardless but I would be VERY disappointed without at least some of these features like Ai in forge.