What do you think 343i could do to "actually" ruin Halo in the future

PHIL0S0PHY

What do you think 343i could do to pisd off almost everyone and completely ruin Halo. They have already made a lot of decisions that some people dislike, but what could be done to just completely ruin it?

I think if they took out campaign, and only had multiplayer.

• Like 1

Don't worry they already did. They made Halo 4 and 5, Halo is finished. (This isnt even me being saracstic here.)  They could add loadout weapons again, take our features from Forge that have always been there, mess up the art style to make it more cartoony. Replace the Covenant with another race of boring enemy's. Mess up the story by making Cortana evil and leading a marketing campaign that lied to us. Making certain game modes have micro transactions etc.

I think you see my point. They've already done so.

Don't worry they already did. They made Halo 4 and 5, Halo is finished. (This isnt even me being saracstic here.) They could add loadout weapons again, take our features from Forge that have always been there, mess up the art style to make it more cartoony. Replace the Covenant with another race of boring enemy's. Mess up the story by making Cortana evil and leading a marketing campaign that lied to us. Making certain game modes have micro transactions etc.

I think you see my point. They've already done so.

Another race of boring enemies? I don't see how Prometheans are boring. They have an interesting origin and they're much more interesting than the Covenant, the real boring guys who haven't changed since Halo CE.

How exactly is making Cortana evil (when they're not really) a bad thing? It's a good line to follow. All races resisting Cortana will join together to fight it. Elites and Humans will fight together once more. AIs will fight back using our tech. It's going to be chaos, and that's something that could be great if used right.

And for this "false advertising", no. It advertised a Locke vs Chief fight, we got that. It advertised a "Hunt for Truth". Get it? The ads were purposely misleading (ONI propaganda) so YOU would Hunt the Truth just as Chief and Lock were. Chief looked for answers and Lock hunted for the reason why Chief left. Do we get that in game? Yes! They never lied once even in the first trailer. Guardians? Yes. Cortana? Yes. Cracked Chief visor? Yes.

We got everything, you missed the point.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed final line. Please do not resort to personal insults and attacks.

One thing that's already really hurt the series for me is the introduction of REQs. The REQ system is, by far, the thing that has had the greatest influence on my worsening opinion of Halo and 343i, because it's an absolutely disgusting system of anti-consumer real money gambling which has no place whatsoever in mainstream gaming, let alone Xbox's biggest series.

I'm okay with post-launch content. I'm okay with DLC. I'm even okay with microtransactions, if they're done right. But to create a system which locks off things such as basic customisation behind a random chance grindwall is bad enough, and if you don't want to grind to open however many hundreds of packs it takes to get the armour you want, you have to pay for a chance to unlock it, since there's no option to choose what you actually get. And then to allow players to literally buy power and influence the outcome of game with real money is just vile.

But so long as it makes more money than it drives people away, they'll keep it in, and I suspect it's going to get far worse. I've barely touched Warzone since it came out because it's so bad, which is a shame as I was genuinely quite excited for it when it was first revealed, and although I'm glad they've kept REQs and Arena separate so far I can't help but feel that they're likely to start creeping them in with Halo 6. They'll frame it as though it's what we're asking for, of course - "by popular demand, we're creating special playlists where players can try out their REQs in arena-style matches!" - and that'll be it. Spend money or suffer an in-game disadvantage.

• Like 2

Actually the Prometheans ARE a boring enemy, and personally I can't see them as a separate "Species" since they are quite literally human souls in robotic form.

The Civies however were interesting and much more expansive in terms of identity, social interaction, emotional response and basic heirarcy.

As for the marketing, it was a lie. Back-peddling and later claiming it was a Oni style propoganda thing, only furthers the claim that Halo is in such bad shape that this is the type of marketing style they have to resort to, to ship units.

The fight stills we got DID NOT in any way reassemble what actually happened in game. Chief's cracked visor was shown in a desert holding Cortana's interface chip, not from a lackluster brawl with Locke.

Overall 343 has ruined Halo by evolving the franchise far too fast and literally writing a story arc that not only insists upon itself an but forces events and characters to progress towards the end game. Halo was a unique "we do it our way" title, that has become a cookie cutter fps franchise that obviously lost it's real identity and has furthered thisdecline by being placed in the hands of pompous, know-it-all developers who have no business being apart of the industry.

• Like 2

Doing a reboot. Like a game just titled "Halo". It's all ogre then.

Or pulling another Halo 5 or MCC either this year or next year.

I wouldn't mind a reboot, actually. They could call it Halo 5: Sentinels and in a groundbreaking first for the industry, instead of it being basically the same game with nicer graphics, it'd be the same graphics but with a completely new plot which retcons the original one out of existence.

Another race of boring enemies? I don't see how Prometheans are boring. They have an interesting origin and they're much more interesting than the Covenant, the real boring guys who haven't changed since Halo CE.

How exactly is making Cortana evil (when they're not really) a bad thing? It's a good line to follow. All races resisting Cortana will join together to fight it. Elites and Humans will fight together once more. AIs will fight back using our tech. It's going to be chaos, and that's something that could be great if used right.

And for this "false advertising", no. It advertised a Locke vs Chief fight, we got that. It advertised a "Hunt for Truth". Get it? The ads were purposely misleading (ONI propaganda) so YOU would Hunt the Truth just as Chief and Lock were. Chief looked for answers and Lock hunted for the reason why Chief left. Do we get that in game? Yes! They never lied once even in the first trailer. Guardians? Yes. Cortana? Yes. Cracked Chief visor? Yes.

We got everything, you missed the point.

The origins are intresting sure but there quite stale and boring to fight and genreally become bullet sponges.

Its bad because it completle undermines a lot of Halo 4 and everything that was set up there and all the EU matrial.

So the whole thing about Chief being dead wasn't a lie? Nah and the whole thing about it being ONI propoganda is desperate backbeddling, simple as.

• 2 months later...

Well, they're somewhat doing a few things that I think are "killing" Halo. 

-Microtransactions which are needed for almost every single thing
-Microtransactions which make a player OP (This is pretty much the REQ system and Warzone)
-A really bad campaign which doesn't explain a single thing and doesn't make sense (Halo 5 kind of does this)
-Characters to be... Out of character Example:Master Chief for some reason is wanting to make Kelly his waifu without any reason
-Multiplayer were to copy every single thing out of COD (Double jumping, loadouts, etc, etc)