The Weekly Site Poll 48 - 12/24/16

I_Make_Big_Boom

l4T02BI.png

Heyy, welcome back to the (somewhat) Weekly Site Poll!   :)

Poll 47 - 'The Future of Halo' - is here if you'd like to read the responses, or post a late reply.

This week we have a special Poll regarding the second greatest time of the year for video games -- the first being E3, duh. Tis the season, yo....

VJM7jcl.png

Got any noteworthy Christmas/Holiday gaming memories? Share em, or else. :diablo: 

Also, what are some awesome gaming-related presents that you received or given?

The next Weekly Site Poll will be posted whenever, maybe. Feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Weekly Site Poll in your response!

Happy Holidays from ye old SD!  :santa: 
  • Like 3

Well, I did play a lot of Halo Reach during Christmas and we would host a Christmas-themed lobby in customs. Gametype was "Evil Santa" I think... If I remember correctly 'Santa' was a Red spartan with a gravity hammer and increased speed. 'Elves' (Players) Where bright green and tried to hide from Santa or else they would die and join the ranks of his 'Undead Army'. It worked kinda like Infection, but with a Christmas theme.. and all of the 'Santas' have gravity hammers. Elves had like plasma pistols or something... LOL.

Best games I received for Christmas? Borderlands 2, Fallout New Vegas, Sonic Generations (Which I actually loved), Halo 4, Pokemon Omega Ruby, etc, etc.

• Like 1

One memory that sticks out most, especially because I don't have a lot of Christmas gaming memories, is when I got Mario Party 4 along with a bunch of other great Gamecube games back in 2004. I collected my gifts and went upstairs and played different games for hours. Don't think I did any family stuff that year lol

• Like 1

I recall playing Super Mario Galaxy back in 2007... the only word to describe it would be magical. There was something unique about experiencing an incredible Mario adventure, exploring different planets and galaxies, collecting stars, fighting Bowser in the cosmos, and enjoying one of the best video game soundtracks I have ever heard; while I did so, I remember it snowing, and seeing the twinkling of the Christmas lights outside. I plan to replay it next Christmas, to commemorate the 10th anniversary of my first time playing it. I honestly don't know why I haven't replayed it since, buuut... well, waiting one more year will make it more appropriate.

I also remember playing Super Monkey Ball 2 and Mario Party 6 back in their heydays, but they were more about mindless fun (or frustration, in the case of Super Monkey Ball 2) than anything.

• Like 2

The best gift I received was Portal 2. I loved that game so much. The puzzles, story and the witty comments from the characters really did it for me.

I remember New Years Day after Auld Lang Syne, "Want You Gone" played. I've never forgotten it since.

• Like 1