Halo: MCC Co-Op Not working?

Hi! Me and my friend have been trying to play the Halo: CE Remastered campaign together but we do not seem to be able to join eachother. He cannot join my lobby and I cannot join his. We have both port-forwarded for Xbox Live and both have Open NAT. We can play Halo 5 just fine together and we both have 250Mbit/s Down and 100Mbit/s Up connections.

What could be causing this issue?

When my friend tries to join me, it tries to connect for about 30 seconds and then it says "Connection failed, your connection to the game session has failed. Please try again."

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

The MCC is a mysterious thing. Have you perhaps tried if either of you can join other people's lobbies and then join the successful lobby? If that works it might still be a problem with you NAT.

The problem is not Live or your individual settings. The main core problem is the netcoding and scripting that was thrown in to swmi allow a functioning co-op CE experience. By default, CE was multiplayer only, ao trying to add the Live functionality of a co-op was hit or miss and pray, pray, pray to god that it works even 10℅ of the time.

Not sure if it comes a relief or more disdain, but it is soley the fault of 343 and the infinite screwey planning and execution that took place.