How do you want Multiplayer to be?

SilentCO1

How do you want Halo 4 Multiplayer?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you want Halo 4 MultiplayeR?

• Like Halo: CE's
    • Like Halo 2's
    • Like Halo 3's
    • Like Halo Reach's
    • Mix of several (List them)
    • It's own different and unique Multiplayer (Comment)

halo 3 multiplayer all the way exp games like halo reach take 2% skill 98% time envolvment. In Halo 3 it was a skill ranking system which "showed your true colors." Halo 3's armor was also cool btw reach's looks to much like robots.

- <3 Jake

hi im new to the forum, and i joined because i mostly wanted to voice my opinion on the new halo anniversary edition release/ reach.

With that said, i would like to start off by saying that i am a die heart halo fan and i have played halo since the first one came out for the computer and i instantly fell in love with the game and been playing it ever since. In my opinion Halo 2 was by far the best online multiplayer game i have ever played, and still by far the most fun of all the Halo's (besides the cheating). While i dont think they could ever make another Halo that will live up to the legacy of 2, i am hoping Halo 4 will not be like Reach... to me the game was a major let-down mostly due to the ranking system. I loved halo 2 and played it pretty much every day because the competitiveness that the 1-50 ranking system created. And that is what kept the game interesting and exciting to people. i played halo 2 for years and never once got bored of the game...halo reach got old after a few months when i realized the only way to get a high rank is to devote your life to playing halo, Never mind the fact that reaches ranks are NO indication of skill at all because you cant loose cr. you can only gain them.

If you want to make a game thats going to keep people coming back for more you need that completive element that Halo 2 had. I feel like implementing a similar ranking system is what is going to make or break Halo 4... Please don't let us down by giving us another ranking system that caters to novices and people with too much time on their hands..because than the rank is no more impressive than the 50 you standbyed for in halo 2.

Sorry if this isnt well put together..just ranting because i played my new halo anniversary once and its BORING as hell

• Like 2

I've played Halo since the beginning and I love this game. But I honestly hate Reach! I loved the story and the armor but I hated the ranking system so much. (And the armor abilities but thats for another thread.) The ranking system wasn't as fun. I made it to 42 in Halo 3 and I was stuck there. But thats okay because it kept me playing the next day when I got home form school. Reachs to me was so boring. I remember coming home and everyone on my friends list was playing Halo 3 when Reach came out my friends stopped playing it after a day. The reasons for this was because of the way multiplayer worked. We all hated armor abilities and the ranking system because it was truely competitive. I really want the Halo 2/3 ranking system back! Please 343 I believe in you!

I agree about reach having a bad ranking system. Ranks should be based on your K/D and what percent of your games you win, maybe also on what types of medals you earn in each match (killing sprees, double kills, etc.) Other than that i love the game, except for abilities like Armor lock and av cam, evade and sprint are awsome!