GT: CaptainDireWolf

Map: Bongo Bongo: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=2&gamertag=CaptainDireWolf#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_CaptainDireWolf_7c5dd5d6-b713-4389-907a-30ab048e9d88

Gametype: ShadowTemple (Infection-type): https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=CaptainDireWolf#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gamevariant_CaptainDireWolf_722b95ec-85be-446e-aef8-993202028684

Players: 2-16

Welcome to my latest ridiculousness: Bongo Bongo. This is designed to be a boss battle type of game, where one player controls the phantom demon from the old school N64 classic: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which resides in the infamous Shadow Temple; the seventh dungeon in the game.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

For those of you poor souls who are too young to remember or simply hid under a rock when this game came out, Bongo Bongo is the name of a gargantuan, evil spirit, which has one eye and great big hands playing a drum. Keeping close tabs to the original game, this map takes place on the big drum itself. One infected spawns in a chamber where it can control 4 sets of hands that fly across the drum in different patterns, attempting to push/smack people off of it into the poisonous green liquid below. If a human dies, it joins with the horde of the undead that guard the Shadow Temple. To add to the chaos, infected pop out of the darkness from corners of the map, also trying to kill the humans and pleasing their demon master.

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

The humans' goal on the other hand is to kill the beast by first shooting all of the explosive barrels on the swiping hands that the infected alpha controls, thereby exposing barrels on the stumps of Bongo Bongo's arms and great eye. Once all of those barrels are destroyed, the evil demon will melt into the liquid below and the humans simply have to survive for the rest of the round. To add to the challenge, the drum causes players to BOUNCE up and down, (which I've found pretty entertaining when someone dies). TIP: Don't try to approach or jump on the demon as it will kill you...

The map itself has some free space and hasn't officially been tested yet except for a couple 2 player shenanigans, so I definitely look forward to any constructive comments on improving gameplay, tweaking infected/human traits to make it more challenging/fun, and adding aesthetics or any other elements that you think should be added to increase replayability. Cheers!

With that, here's some more pics!

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

• Like 3

Some issues popped up today.

- Realized that the survivors' main focus becomes fighting off the Infected instead of minding the big hands. This made the game very frustrating for the Infected. One cause for this I think is that the humans can kill the hands pretty easily once they figure out that shooting the explosives will despawn it. And I'm not sure about this, but it could help if the terminals at the alpha's platform spawned faster.

- Sometimes, no hands come out when the alpha selects a terminal. The terminals just go back down but no hands push out. I forgot specifically which terminals this happened with though.

Some issues popped up today.

- Realized that the survivors' main focus becomes fighting off the Infected instead of minding the big hands. This made the game very frustrating for the Infected. One cause for this I think is that the humans can kill the hands pretty easily once they figure out that shooting the explosives will despawn it. And I'm not sure about this, but it could help if the terminals at the alpha's platform spawned faster.

- Sometimes, no hands come out when the alpha selects a terminal. The terminals just go back down but no hands push out. I forgot specifically which terminals this happened with though.

The map should work better now. There were a few weird scripting issues, but i think they work now for infection. Let me know if the updated gametype is more fun ;)