XqxozY5.png

Heyy, welcome back to the Weekly Site Poll!  :P

Poll 37 - 'What are the 5 best protagonists / player characters in gaming?' - is here if you'd like to read the responses, or post a late reply.

Moving on, this weeks question regards certain malevolent entities who REFUSE to die...

wDoqcG9.png

What are the HARDEST to kill villains / enemies in gaming?

The next Weekly Site Poll will be posted on 8/26/16. Feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Weekly Site Poll in your response!

SD, out!  :split:
  • Like 4

Here's some that grind my gears:

Nightmare (Boss) in Soul Calibur V is one pretty annoying dude. It took me about an hour to beat'em and when i finally did I felt more like luck finally going in my favor than me actually doing anything to Win. I could never get his tactics down. 

Speaking of Hard to Kill, can't leave off Tartarus the Bullet Sponge. I mean, all the Brute's are Bullet Sponges in Halo 2, but Tartarus is just the cherry on top. On legendary, having to wait for Johnson to pop his shields off gets frustrating when he takes about 1 and a half Full Ammo Carbines to kill. Not to mention he periodically sends in 4 Brutes who can just ruin your day. 

Sephiroth in KH1 is a horrific Secret Boss who I have yet to beat (without cheats, thanks action replay) to this day. Most of his attacks are either fatal or quickly drain your health bar. All you will hear during the fight is Sora Screaming "HEAL" repeatedly.

Speaking of horrific KH secret bosses, add on the Lingering Will Secret Boss from KH2 as well because his health bar is over 20 bars, and each time you face him his attack pattern changes. When I first fought him, it took me about 60 attempts to kill him. He's not as hard as Sephiroth from the 1st game but he's still pretty ridiculous in terms of strength and endurance.

Some more Hard to Kill Enemies that come to my mind: The downed Scarab in Halo Wars 1 (just look at that health bar), Raam in Gears of War 1, The Russian Leader's Castle in Red Alert 3, Shao Kahn (Final Boss Version) in Mortal Kombat 9, and TK in Dead Rising 2 

There's a few more that are probably hidden (and way harder to kill) bosses in my memory but I can't remember them right now.

• Like 3

Suggestion for upcoming polls: 7 favorite things have been trending on twitter recently (HaloTubers, games, etc) and we could do that and the answers that come up most can be tweeted 

I've had a concern regarding doing polls outside of mere gaming. I feel like venturing away from that or being too broad will garner even less interest though I'm not sure that would happen. Do you think it would work to go that route for a poll? 

Elite Ultras with a concussion rifle in Reach. Need I say more? 

Gaenor or whatever his name was from Morrowind. Screw that guy and screw his luck. It was like being stuck back at level 1 fighting him.

Any terrorist with as spas-12 from Rainbow Six Vegas 2. "AIM FOR THEIR LEADER!" Terrorist {Spas-12 from across the map with a blindfire that scraped your elbow that was covered in maximum armour} Me.

Possessed Praetorians from ME3. Sync-Kill, stagger missiles, wall-hacks lasers, fast speed, SILENT. Yay.

Nothing else really comes to mind right now. Plenty of enemies that were hard due to buggy mechanics sure, but nothing genuinely challenging. I could say plenty from mods but that would be against the spirit of things I think.

• Like 4

The Dragonfly from Don't Starve Together. I mention her in particular simply because Klei decided it would be simply brilliant to give a rather tough boss from the single player version of the game TEN TIMES her original HP, spawn some larvae which inflict fire damage (and make her berserk if they are killed), and give her the ability to restore her HP to full if she flies off-screen.

Chaos, from Final Fantasy 1. He can kill a party member with one physical attack, has powerful spells that target your whole party, and has defenses that are almost as strong as plot armour. Oh, and he can also cast a spell which restores his HP to full.

The final Warden battle in Halo 5, if you don't know how to cheese it.

The Cloud of Darkness, from Final Fantasy 3. In the NES edition, she simply spams an attack which inflicts 1000-2000 damage to all party members. To add insult to injury, the strongest healing spell in the whole game can't keep up, and the only way to defeat her quickly enough requires investing large sums of money in shurikens.

As for future topic ideas, how about favourite video game songs or glitches?

• Like 3