Pokemon go survey

superintendent

this is just for fun so no one get to heated plz. Now what Pokemon team did you choose to join and why? 

Team valor 

Team mystic 

Team instinct 

or none

(Also i'm not sure how to add a survey in this forums so if anyone knows how let me know! )

i chose team valor because i miss-clicked :P

• Like 1

I'm on Mystic for no other reason than me liking the color blue.

Also you can make posts into polls so you can get a nice overview of how many players are in which team :D

• Like 1

how does one accomplish this?

While creating a new thread head on over to the right hand side (next to the text field). You'll find a Manage Topic Poll button which let's you create a poll.

• Like 1

Mystic has the most players, Valor is the second largest, and Instinct is the smallest. Mystic apparently is for the "cool-headed" majority, Valor is for hotheads, and Instinct is the weirdo troupe. That's the daily horoscope for today, pls pay me moneis to continue.

Seriously though, all the teams have different allures, and it's tough for me to pick... Although I know for sure that I'm not going to go with Mystic. Here's my unneeded and too complex rundown of each team based on my personal preferences, but in an attempt to be as unbiased as possible... OK maybe biased:

Mystic

Starting points: 3

Pros (+):

• Blue makes me feel calm, relaxed, and want to play the game with little to no rush.
  • Bonus point simply because I happen to like Blue.
  • The leader, Blanche, is cool chick with ship captain clothes.
  • Mystic is the biggest team.
  • Articuno represents the cold, and icy locales. I happen to like cold environments, especially when it snows. Me not having enough experiences with snow makes me yearn for it even more.
  • Blanche is a nice name.
  • Articuno is a nice name.
  • Mystic is a nice name.
  • The rallying cry for the team in Blanche's words is using a calm analysis of every situation to win, which I agree with.

Cons (-):

• Blanche is drawing ablank. She's kinda bland despite being so cool.
  • Articuno, the representative Legendary for the group, has the single most boring design out of all the Legendaries. It's also not at all scary, and nothing it can do will make me fear it.
  • The biggest group might have it's benefits, but I personally don't like going with those kinds of congregates.
  • Blanche states that she's researching why Pokemon evolve. It seems to be a pretty dumb venture. I mean, they evolve to become stronger and/or to better adapt to their environments, right? Kinda like Humans except they evolve all the time without giving off a flashy display. Idk, it has an easily solvable answer contradicting her supposed intellect, her mission. However, if it's made clear that she's researching HOW they evolve rather than why I could see that as something worthy of research.

Neutrals (0):

• Blanche notes that Pokemon have immeasurably deep wisdom, but despite this do not appear to be treated as equals to Humans regardless of latter's respect for the former (I know this is an opinion, which is why it's in the Neutral section. It's inconsequential). I'm obliged to say that there are some pretty stupid Pokemon, but allot of them do appear to be as smart or far smarter than any Human. Dunno why they put up with their crap if they're so much better than them, and honestly I'm not quite sure if a smarter Pokemon should be a Pro or a Con. It's like AI being smarter than a Human, and everyone knows just how bad that can be for the Human race. The Pokemon world is far different from ours however, so there may be something we haven't seen yet that's keeping the two "races" from going to war again. Yes, again.
  • Mystic, a mysterious word, refers to Mysticism, becoming one with the absolute, seeking the great hidden truths, or achieving an alternate state of mind, etc. While I do think pushing the boundaries of Human understanding is fantastic I'm not very religious, and I happen to like being in the state of mind I'm in right now. It's half & half really.

Total: 8

Mystic is the perfect casual team, and is not that stressful. But it's just too bland. It's hard for me to respect it like Valor, but I do like the mysterious nature of the team.

Valor

Pros (+):

• Red incites me to rage, and want to kill everyone and everything that ever lived and will live.
  • Bonus point simply because I happen to like Red. Allot.
  • The leader, Candela, has allot of spunk, and appears to be very boisterous.
  • She's also hot: literally and non-literally.
  • For some strange reason Valor seems to have quite a stranglehold on allot of gyms in notable locations.
  • Valor is a nice name.
  • Valor, based on the Google definition, refers to having great courage or a strong will whilst facing great danger. I might not be the most fearless person around, but that's a quality I admire which makes me like the word Valor even more.
  • Moltres represents fire, and volcanism as well as heat in general. I freakin' love volcanism.
  • The rally of the team is that Pokemon in Valor are stronger than any other Pokemon of any other team. Now that's a bold statement worthy of being known as a rallying cry.

Cons (-):

• Valor is in second place in terms of size, behind Mystic and ahead of Instinct. Nobody likes being second, but that doesn't necessarily mean Mystic is better just because they're bigger.
  • I REALLY like volcanic locations, but REALLY do not like the heat or anywhere else that has heat without lava or natural open flames.
  • Personally, despite my love for the warrior spirit, Red isn't a good color to have as your team color. Why? Because when I'm on any Red team I almost always run around with reckless abandon, and do the things listed above for how Red makes me feel. That's great and all, but it's just too stressful.
  • Candela is too close to the word 'candle' for my liking. Sounds cheesy.
  • Moltres, the representative Legendary for the team, might be ahead of Articuno in terms of design, but there's little else it improves on. I might respect Moltres, but I don't fear it. Well unless it decides to shoot lava out of it's maw, and melt a man into nothing. That's scary.
  • Moltres sounds too much like 'molt', and that's a disgusting word. Now Molten, that's a damn fine word.
  • Candela, in the team description, says she's researching how to make Pokemon stronger. Now that might be great for battle, but that's not at all great for Humans who happen to be brought under the Pokemon crosshairs allot. If you make them stronger they'll only become more of a nuisance naturally, especially when people looking to exploit that strength use them for evil -- which occurs every other week.

Neutrals (0):

• The team lady says that Pokemon are stronger than Humans, and have warm hearts. Idk about you, but a stronger species isn't very good for weaker species -- like Humans. This is countered by the apparent "warmheartedness" of Pokemon, in essence meaning that Pokemon are too kind to supplant the Humans even though they could wipe them out in a jiff.

Total: 5

Candela might be really hot, but that's not enough for me to join the team. It's not the kind of team I want to play on simply due to personal reasons. Valor is still worthy of respect however regardless of it having less points than Mystic, but it's just too *hot* for me to handle.

Instinct

Pros (+):

• Yellow is a strange color. To me it reminds me of the auxiliary, the technical aspects of things, and electricity naturally. It's the kind of color that breathes a sense of support, and I like that. Also, Yellow is just a crazy color in general.
  • Bonus point simply because I like Yellow. Yes, I like all these colors, and practically every color ever. Wanna tussle about it?
  • Instinct is the smallest team, and I like being a part of the smallest group in any establishment.
  • Instinct feels like a team consisting of underdogs, and while that may sound cliche (and possibly not true at all) it does draw me to it even more.
  • IMO, Yellow and in extension Instinct feels like it's not bound by an inherent duality to another color, in this case the relationship between Red & Blue. This including it being the smallest team makes me feel the least stressed out. But on the flip-side this team feels the most powerful out of the three.
  • Spark, the team leader, gives off that crazy, mad-scientist vibe I love all too well. It might be the hair, or his attire or something.
  • Zapdos, the representative Legendary for the team, is truly a badass Pokemon that outshines both Articuno & Moltres combined. It is the bringer of inclement weather, and an avatar of lightning while also having a design that may be predictable, but still somehow pleasant to look at. I both fear AND respect Zapdos, and what it represents.
  • I love storms, and inclement weather: especially lightning storms, tornadoes, and just bad weather overall. There's just something about rain that I like. Not quite sure why.
  • Zapdos might be very simple, but it's a perfect name fitting of a perfect Pokemon.
  • Instinct is also a good name. It's outlandish in comparison to Valor or Mystic.
  • Instinct means an innate quality of something as well as the following of one's inherent "heart" so to speak, or just plain animalistic responses to stimuli: like fight or flight or survival in general. Following one's gut instinct might not be logical, but it's something I like to do quite a bit.

Cons (-):

• Spark's name is a tad too on the nose for me. I'd rather him have a name that means electricity, but obscure in form.
  • Being the smallest, and least populated team makes me fear that Niantic will do something to it in the near future. What that is I'm not sure, but I really hope it's not removed due to them thinking it's not significant enough to be in the game. Even if they give Instinct something to allow them to advance it'll feel cheap, and unfair.

Neutrals (0):

• Spark notes in the team description that Pokemon have a knack for strong intuition, which is basically the same as instinct.
  • He continues that there's supposedly a secret to this gargantuan intuition in the process in which Pokemon are born, in this case "hatched". There might or might not be. He didn't state he was going to research it, and it looks like a opinionated statement. That's instinct for you.  
  • He goes on to say that you'll never lose if you trust your instincts. This is up to debate really. I think it's better to have a mix of instinct, and logical reasoning, but that's just me.

Total: 12

Instinct is my dream team. It's the smallest group, has a representative Pokemon who happens to be one of my favorites, has a team name & color almost too perfect for each other, and makes me feel the least stressed out. It aligns with my preferences a little too perfectly, and hopefully it continues to be this way.

So yeah, I chose Team Instinct.

• Like 1