halo 5 forge map: Invade the Cartographer

Invade the Cartographer is a near 1 to 1 recreation of the classic halo 1 campaign map "The Silent Cartographer" (not including the far inside structures of the level). Out of all of the remakes of this map I have seen, this one is the closest I have seen to being a 1 to 1 recreation (although I have seen some really awesome looking reworks!).

Map Author: Thrillerkillers

Map Download Link: Invade the Cartographer

Gametype: Cartographer Invasion

Youtube Video: 

This gameplay is basically invasion (or warzone assault for you halo-noobies). I personally find this really fun and competitive (as long as you have balanced teams). With what testing I have so far, it has led to some really iconic moments. The red team is first to attack while blue team defends, then it switches in the second round. It also follows the movement of the actual campaign level (land on the beach, go around the map until the locked door, go past the hunter area, unlock the door, go back through the previously locked door with the gold elite). So it is helpful for those who have actually played halo 1.

In order to recreate invasion, each team starts on the beach facing off at each other (best played as 8v8, or at least 5v5). Any time someone dies they respawn in a safe room that has weapons respawning on a timer. They then go through a teleporter that puts them back in the area that is under siege.

The map is composed of 6 different zones where the attacking team attempts to push forward in order to hit a button in order to change the teleporter that spawns people into the next phase. If you do not die after that button is pushed you will have to run around the map in order to get to the next phase (jumping in the water or falling on a grenade may be easier). Each phase is enclosed by invisible barriers, so neither team can move onto the next section until that button is pressed (and only the attacking team can push the button). The final room has a stronghold in it which only allows the attacking team to enter and capture. Upon win or loss, the next round switches to blue team attacking (first round is red team attacking).

note: make sure that the attacking team has more people if the number of people in the playlist is uneaven.

post-96055-0-58245300-1469921584_thumb.jpg

post-96055-0-07808900-1469921593_thumb.jpg

post-96055-0-27448800-1469921613_thumb.jpg

post-96055-0-82643100-1469921626_thumb.jpg

post-96055-0-28480000-1469921636_thumb.jpg

post-96055-0-62069100-1469921730_thumb.jpg

• Like 2