Ever wondered what it would be like to battle on the surface of an entire Halo? Well, now you can! Welcome to Halo Ring!

This map is a 4v4/5v5 action sack-core style map that takes place on the surface of Installation 04. The ring contains multiple environments that you can play on as you move through out the ring.

Halo Ring supports Slayer (FFA and Team), CTF, and Neutral CTF. It also supports Assault, but it doesn't play as well as the other gametypes.

clear.png IMO, it plays best with Neutral Flag. clear.png

You'll also notice there are some small easter eggs on the map, such as the PoA and Covenant ships going through slip space.

MAP DOWNLOAD: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=xXBarthXx#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_xXBarthXx_b0bf1d9f-4f8a-43fd-b6de-d6dcc1879e0e

YOUTUBE VIDEO:

post-96331-0-41888000-1469911432_thumb.pngpost-96331-0-31481100-1469911456_thumb.png

• Like 3

First time I saw a competitive map on the surface of a Halo ring. This looks well made and very interesting. I only have 1 personal problem I would like to address though. Since this is just a natural surface, I think it looks dull. Adding some forerunner structures on the rings surface, possibly at the area of the flag would be nice. Another idea is that there should be red and blue bases, where they're to carry the flags back. With this, you can treat the flags where they're keys that are used to activate the ring. If retrieved from a team, their base (which is forerunner made), should have a burst of energy shooting out from its tip (as seen in the final mission of Halo 2). I don't know if this is possible since I am away from home currently, but I somewhat think scripting can do the job.

• Like 1

First time I saw a competitive map on the surface of a Halo ring. This looks well made and very interesting. I only have 1 personal problem I would like to address though. Since this is just a natural surface, I think it looks dull. Adding some forerunner structures on the rings surface, possibly at the area of the flag would be nice. Another idea is that there should be red and blue bases, where they're to carry the flags back. With this, you can treat the flags where they're keys that are used to activate the ring. If retrieved from a team, their base (which is forerunner made), should have a burst of energy shooting out from its tip (as seen in the final mission of Halo 2). I don't know if this is possible since I am away from home currently, but I somewhat think scripting can do the job.

There are actually several forerunner structures scattered around the ring that have a blue fx light to make it look like they are shooting energy to the center of the ring. I'll think about moving them to the flag spawns to symbolize bases, but they are pretty small as is for scaling reasons so I'm not sure if it'll be worth it.

Thanks for the feedback though! I'll see what I can do :)

• Like 1