XqxozY5.png

Heyy, welcome back to the Weekly Site Poll!  :P

Poll 35 - 'What are the most annoying and/or infuriating non-character enemies in video games?' - is here if you'd like to read the responses, or post a late reply.

Moving on, this weeks question continues the theme of displeasure...

MtMeox6.png

What is the WORST experience you've had in gaming?

The next Weekly Site Poll will be posted on 8/6/16. Feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Weekly Site Poll in your response!

SD, out!  :split:
  • Like 3

I guess I'll weigh in on this poll.  For me, it's not so much as an experience, but a culmination of experiences over the past 6 years.  Getting older and losing your ability to keep-up / adjust / progress / and reflexively dominate action in any FPS title!  Literally, I feel as if I have lost 90% of my total skill involved in anything FPS.  It gets so frustrating to the point in which you can't even play any type of PvP game due to your ability to suck as bad as possible, no matter how much you try to re-apply what you learned over your gaming history.

Now I'm sure I am not the only 30+ gamer to encounter this reoccurring experience in gaming, but maybe just the first to publicly announce how bad one has gotten, lmfao.  Anyway, just thought I would share that.

• Like 2

Hands down, the tragedy that was Alpha Protocol.

I actually love the game, but I can understand people's reservations of it. So much so, the planned trilogy was canned after one title, that wasn't even given the benefit of the doubt by many critics and players. Just makes me frustrated to know that given the opportunity, there could have been a real contender in the market of western RPGs.

• Like 2

I have two. The first is trying to help a friend through Halo 2 on legendary when he loves to use the energy sword...and uses the sniper on every enemy he encounters.

The second one was during some PvP with friends in Dark Souls III. Realized I lost over three million souls I had been saving for some levels.

But the Halo 2 experience is worse. It's still ongoing... q.q

Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa
  • Like 1

Playing Deus Ex Human Revolution and having to fight the bosses.

Can you imagine trying to kill a chaingun wielding Aug with a pistol?

It's too darn stressful and it ruins the point of even trying to do a stealth character.

• Like 1

Oh... I wonder how you thought of this question... The mysteries :P

Either way, mine is sort of not an in-game experience, but it affected my in-game experience, so it counts? Anyway, story time.

So one day, my Dark Souls III decided to not work. I bought the game digitally and it was asking me to either buy the game or insert the disc... I get in touch with Microsoft support and they told me to clear my local 360 caché and to delete Dark Souls III...

Now then, this affected my game saves of three games (and many others) that I played A LOT, which was Skyrim, Dark Souls and Borderlands 2. My level 361 Skyrim character was deleted, and so were my 11 saves in Borderlands 2, including my very first character (Gaige), the character I did a speed run on and got around 8 hours with. And to add insult to injury, every one of these saves was maxed out (level 72 op8). Yes, my gear was legitly farmed, no transferring or anything.

And now the biggest hit, which was my Dark Souls saves. I had my first pyromancer deleted (somewhere in the high 500s), my Sorcerer build (around level 300), my Cleric build (level 270 something), my knight (around 40 something, I didn't play him a lot...), my raw dex build and my main (somewhere in the low 600s), as well as three speed run characters which got to around four hours each, my fashion police character (because why not :P) and my character that got to level 130 with no armour (because end me please).

T'was a very sad day when I realised what happened... :cray:

• Like 1

Great question!

One of the worst experiences I've had online was in Reach, shortly after a game of Team Doubles. Our opponent's partner quit after his first death, but the second guy stayed on, and fought very well despite ultimately being beaten - I sent him a message telling him as much after the game was finished. In return, I got back a series of increasingly abusive messages, and while I have to admit after the first few I got angry and started responding with insults of my own, his initial response really wasn't called for, and I think I actually ended up reporting him.

In terms of times I just outright lost my temper and had a really bad time? One of the FIFA games. There's just something about them which really just makes me angry, and I've snapped more controllers than I'd care to admit as a result.

Or, possibly, this moment right here.

I MEAN COME ON DRIZZY FOR TWAM'S SAKE HE'S STANDING RIGHT THERE

• Like 1