Halo CE LASO Freezing

As the title says, my co-op partner and I have been attempting LASO and haven't been able to beat Truth & Rec because the game keeps freezing on us half way through the level. Last night we were the furthest yet and were almost at the bridge when my game locked up, making a horrible buzzing sound before dash boarding us. At this point I'm way too frustrated and scared to attempt a fourth run of the level. I don't think I could stomach another disappointment like this after many hours of gameplay.

Is there anything I could or should do to try and fix this? The only other time I've experienced this bug/glitch or whatever you want to call it was while I was looking at the Speedrun leaderboards. I don't believe it's connection problem at all, and rather a problem with the game. We played the first two levels streaming to twitch, my wife watching Netflix, using our computers to watch guides as we played. Zero issues. Last night was run with no internet being used by anything but our Xbones.

For anyone wondering, the difficulty of the level itself isn't the issue. I know T&R is hard, but we have great communication and a good game plan. Once the RNG works in our favor we move through an area rather quick. I'm also unwilling to do this level solo, so that's out of the question. Although I wish we could save&quit while playing co-op so we could at least have a permanent save to fall back on .