[FEATURED] Shark Attack

xSgt Sunshinex

*This gamemode and map is currently in alpha stage and has not gone through any type of balancing. Feedback will be appreciated.

---Story---

You're sent to collect archives from a sunken ship that was destroyed almost 400 years ago. As you make your way back up, a shark appears in your line of sight. Others appear out of the darkness and corner you in an underwater ravine.

---Objective---

Divers: Hide and try not to get spotted by a shark. If spotted, your chances of survival are very slim. Use that chance to your advantage and get the hell out of there!

Sharks (Banshees): Search for your prey as they hide from you. Fly directly into them to consume them and infect them.

Min. players: 8

Max. players: 16

Time limit is currently at 4 minutes.

post-96250-0-32565400-1467934061_thumb.jpeg

post-96250-0-45761800-1467934112_thumb.jpeg

post-96250-0-63777000-1467934196_thumb.jpeg

Map: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=xSgt%20Sunshinex#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_xSgt%20Sunshinex_a8555b83-1158-4f46-923a-342ac8493185

Gamemode: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/game-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=xSgt%20Sunshinex#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_gamevariant_xSgt%20Sunshinex_03def520-c59e-45aa-be5e-17ac63333236

• Like 8

I apologize for forgetting to put additional information into the topic.

Owner: xSgt Sunshinex

Additional forgers: N/A

Map name: Shark Attack

Gamemode name: Shark Attack

Setting of map:

It takes place in an underwater ravine, which has shipwreck in it. This is a common destination for sharks. There are many rocks and plant life on the ocean floor where you can hide from the sharks. Due to the deepness of where the map is, visibility is limited and you can barely see a shark from half the map distance.

---Shark Attack Update (1.1)---

The map has been balanced after a match of testing with around 6 people. Here's the changes:

*Increases diver speed by 50% (150%)

*Increased ground pound speed by about 3 times as before (30%)

*Disabled the function of shooting in the banshee, which helped the infected predict where they were.

*Changed numerous score settings

---New features---

1.) You now have a splinter grenade, which allows you to stun the shark for a small amount of time.

2.) Sharks can now flip over and lose control easily. This gives sharks a disadvantage and balances it out.

post-96250-0-55444600-1467950956_thumb.jpegpost-96250-0-54374900-1467950996_thumb.jpegpost-96250-0-09359400-1467951018_thumb.jpegpost-96250-0-64813000-1467951038_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

I apologize for any confusion made by this topic. I'm new to this forums.

By the way, downloading the current stage of the minigame and testing it will be greatly appreciated. If you do so, please reply to the topic with suggestions to balance out the mini game. This helps me collect suggestions made by you so I can test them out to see if they change the way of playing and if it balances the overall game.

I will be calling this the community testing environment (got that from BF4 :) ). This is where people add me as a friend over Xbox Live and test out maps with me while giving suggestions on how to balance it out. Credit will be given to all that attend the CTE of Shark Attack as they've helped test the minigame.

---Update 1.2---

*Increased speed of Spartan, to level out their chance of escaping to the chance of being eaten

*Removed the block which disabled the banshee from shooting, caused way too much mess in the shark end

*You now have some rounds in the pistol, which allow you to distract the shark when your friend is in the need of being saved

*The infected are now vulnerable when out of their banshee, so they're to stay in it to stay alive

*A spot which couldn't be reached by the shark has been patched up, so sharks can now reach it

This update was released days ago but had to run through another sequence of testing.

What are your guys opinion on the mini-game? You think it's ready to be played by the public?

• Like 1

Played this in my testing lobby today. I like the map and I can see myself featuring this in the future. Just a couple things I'd like to be changed about it first.

- I discovered some frame drops. Can't remember exactly where. To be safe, just tone down the number of bushes and stuff like that.

- I don't like the static-y filter. Remove it. It could even help with the map's performance because there's less effects for the game to render.

- Biggest issue I have with it right now is that the entire area is really boring. There's only one cool part for the survivors to hide in and that's the ship. Everywhere else in the map is just a bunch of rocks sticking out and bushes on the ground. I'd like to see more interesting aesthetics in the main playspace. You could have more sunken ships that vary in design or other things that you'd typically see in an underwater setting. Point is, I want this map bedazzled.

- If you have any budget left after making changes to the main area, you could make the Infected/Shark spawn prettier. Right now, it's just boring walls, ceilings, and a plain blue floor. This "issue" isn't a big one and I'd put more priority in fixing the issues I mentioned above. This suggestion is just something that would add to the map's quality

As you see, most of my feedback is in regard to how the map looks. Gameplay-wise, I like it and I think you balanced it nicely. But the map's not feature-worthy to me until the aesthetics go up a notch.

• Like 1

---Update 1.3 (Alpha)---

This update was made to fit Zandrils request, and also to improve the whole entire map itself.

Changes:

*New infected spawn

*Toned down bushes, was causing drop in frames from many areas

*There's now 4 main structures in the underwater ravine

*The following structures have been added in:

-Mayan Pyramid

-Mayan Tower (thanks to the creator of Mayan Sands for inspiring me to make this)

-Sunken/Crashed plane

This is a huge map update. Since this has came out, the mini-game is shifting to the alpha stage. The mini-game is now playable.

post-96250-0-88632600-1468454955_thumb.jpeg

post-96250-0-12673900-1468454991_thumb.jpeg

post-96250-0-27930900-1468455032_thumb.jpeg

post-96250-0-37351500-1468455063_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Walked around in Forge for a while and I have some suggestions

- Since you still have a lot of pieces left, I think you could have maybe one or two more structures in the map. Don't get me wrong, I like the Mayan stuff you added and the crashed plane but I think the map could use more aesthetics that have accessible interiors. If the inside of the new ones are accessible to both humans and banshees, they'll make for interesting places to hide. I'm thinking another sunken ship(with a different design and maybe bigger) and maybe stuff like these

maxresdefault.jpg

ruins.jpg

PortRoyal2.jpg

Obviously, I don't mean exactly like these pictures. Just the gist of them.

Maybe even the structures in this map

- I have an idea that can help even more with the map's performance. You have many pieces(mainly rocks) that can have light bake set to "off" and it wouldn't have any noticeable effect on the object's lighting. I suggest just going around your map and disabling light bake on objects that don't need it. You'll decrease your lightmap budget and the game will have less shadows to render.

Btw, if the new pieces and structures you added start causing framerate problems, there are tons of plant ivys and a couple bushes that can be deleted.

That's all I found for now. I'm hosting a testing lobby this weekend to try out maps I'm planning on featuring so if you can be done with the changes by then, that'd be great.

• Like 1

---Update 1.4 (Alpha)---

This update was to fit Zandril's request, and to improve the map.

Changes:

*Fixed lighting

*Removed unnecessary ivy

*Added more shots into the intro

*Added 2 more structures:

-Government Building Ruin

-Other Acient Ruin

(I wish to not implement any more structures into the map as it already feels crowded)

post-96250-0-49318400-1468618934_thumb.jpeg

post-96250-0-18957400-1468618954_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Apparently, players can break out of your map. @@IR3CON told me he was able to do it. Not exactly sure how but I suggest you double check your map's boundaries. In case he doesn't see it here, you can just message him on XBL. His gamertag is UnknownEmerald

• Twam unpinned this topic