Halo Wars 2

ESPADAS03

So so far iv played 3 matches and quit all three matches I didn't understand the concept of the tickets and how it worked all I knew is I killed so many of their troops didn't win captured all points didn't win I don't get how capturing the points work in domination aren't I sapposed to reduce the tickets if I hold more points,

The ound was over probably after I quit and one guy quit before me so I quit giving the other team the win and reality it wasn't fun for both sides... I know this because I had a message sent to me from the other team saying they understood why we quit it seemed kinda one sided and hard to understand the overall concept.

Second the game feels rushed... not like its rushed out the door but the rounds are just so quickly gone by you don't even have a chance to figure out what your doing exactly Like everything iv experience with 343 so far in a game word is rush to do this rush to do that... what happened to the game modes where we could move methodically through terrain explore the terrain and get the high ground through those tactics rather its ok rush to this objective now that your hear rush to this one but now rush here ph wait rush here.... the player essentially is in a storm of gameplay where they don't even get to enjoy the game itself because it was just this constant battle thing that ends quickly...

Kinda like the warzone firefight we are getting we just get rushed to do things and don't get to just immerse ourselves in the game like how by the time youn reach a REQ level its pointless to pull it out because you have 30 seconds to use it...

I feel like the halo wars beta is the same just a rush game I'm still attemptin to play it right now but it keeps freezing.

right now the forums for this game are not looking great,

This is Domination so if you captured all the points you should have won, and it makes it a bit of a faster game. I do agree however that it is bugy but this is a beta after all, one big thing for me is that i have played 6 games and only one did not have an afk and out of the other 5, 4 of them the hole other team was afk

it does change to Teamdeath match on the 17th. I think that will be a bit better.

This is Domination so if you captured all the points you should have won, and it makes it a bit of a faster game. I do agree however that it is bugy but this is a beta after all, one big thing for me is that i have played 6 games and only one did not have an afk and out of the other 5, 4 of them the hole other team was afk

it does change to Teamdeath match on the 17th. I think that will be a bit better.

Im looking forward to team deathmatch though my main want is the Player vs I and two players VS aAI

it seems to be no matter what 343 do they screw it up like in halo 4 and 5 the game isn't really halo any more they've morphed it so much that its more titan fall mixed with Call of Duty with having to unlock certain things and what do they have against UNSC air vehicles like they have the ability to come up with a decent looking quick assault trike rather then putting a grenade launcher on a mongoose and then they bring back the hornet upgrade the falcon as well as the vulture it takes the piss along with not giving the scarab a appearance and the warlord being so much easier to kill now they've nerfed the covenant even with the new additions to their arsenal a small group of 3 snipers could slaughter a warlord and most infantry that may be sent with it, halo wars is just rush or get forced in to playing heavily defensive which shouldn't be the case of a RTS game hopefully there's a good story to go with it otherwise I see this game to be another halo flunkie like 4 and most of 5

I hope people understand that this game is coming out February 2017.  Unlike most other BETA tests that XBOX allows for free, this is a VERY early test.  Games like Battleborn and OVERWATCH released their BETA tests not long before they game was officially released.  It is most likely he case that 343 actually knows what they need to do to make this (and the rest of their catalog) the right way.  

TEST TEST TEST  That is what they are doing.  Sure, they have had some big issues in the past and they (343) are really working diligently to get things right for the future.  I don't know many other major games that have released their BETA this far in advance which leads me to believe that there will be another more comprehensive BETA test a month or so before the game comes out.  It could be surmised that if they release another test during the Christmas/holiday break, they will get the data they need due to the fact that Xbox Live has it's highest amount of people online...the Christmas Xbox One noobs.

Short and Sweet version. Game feels quirky to control and some units feel useless. 

Long Version...

The controls feel very awkward compared to Halo Wars One. It doesn't feel nearly as fluid and I felt like I had less control of my army, which is a very bad thing in a game like this.

Allow me to explain why I feel this way:

1) The AI is not very smart. When I spawn on the right side of the map and tell a group to travel to the enemy's side they will move straight left and get stuck staring at the cavern or whatever is in the middle. The AI also makes no effort to move from that spot and then just sits there. While waiting for reinforcements to arrive I find out my group is lazily sitting on the edge of the cliff. This could be a bug but another thing happens that makes me hate the AI.

2) Not performing any actions on their own. This could be good or bad dependent on your point of view but it seems like the AI's aggressive range is far shorter and I had a tank sit behind a wall of infantry and not move or fire upon any units despite being within view range. I also had engineers that didn't seem to auto heal a group of infantry so I had to manually tell them to do it. This is very annoying when a large platoon is damaged and I have to manually tell them to heal each individual unit. It is possible these AI quirks are due to lag or bugs but they are every so slightly noticeable at times that I think it's just stupid AI.

3) Lack of alerts. I had those small outposts around the map and at one point I head the "Base Under Attack" alarm speak but I looked at my main bases and saw nothing so I assumed it was just scouts passing by. A few minutes later they destroyed an outpost and I was shocked. The enemy doesn't show up well on the radar and when I found the group that destroyed the outpost their colors were barely noticeable on my radar. I would want the enemy blips on the radar to be more noticeable or have an alert system that also highlights your map which base they are attacking. 

4) Veterancy Status. I have no idea how the veteran troop emblems in this game work. Is it the numbers on top of their heads? I'm so confused. It's hard to tell. This is mostly lack of knowledge since its a new game so this could just be me being dumb lol. 

5) Some troops do pitiful damage. I'm looking at you Locust. Seriously for being a building killer it doesn't do any damage. I mean nothing, nada, zippo. I had a tier 2 vehicle upgrade and one locust couldn't even take out 10% of a turret's health after a minute of constant fire. Is this also a bug? It has to be because I've never seen something so broken before. The heavy air unit that locks down into artillery actually did good damage but for taking as long as it takes to make and upgrade to it didn't seem nearly as powerful as it should have been. It feels like some units just don't do anything and are quite literally useless or underpowered for how much population they take up. 

6) Lack of upgrades. This applies to only a few units. As far as I know, Rangers do not have any upgrades and I feel like they should at least have a beam rifle upgrade or cloaking ability. Engineers don't get anything. Granted they are strictly healers but even in the first game they could move faster and heal faster when upgraded. 

7) Sticky controls. Now I say this by meaning the radius for selecting a unit or building feels stiff. If my base is below my screen and I try to move up to select troops in front of it I keep selecting the base even though my cursor looks like it's not even on it. This could be the troop magnetism and could be toned down in the menu but I was too lazy to check at the time. 

After playing 5 or so games of this beta i seeing a game that has the potential to be a great addition the the long list of RTS games. I have played this type of game since westwood studios released Command & Conquer on playstation and followed the C&C series up to C&C Generals zero hour and can honestly say that this franchise is still by far the best RTS games ive played. The halo wars RTS has the potential to be a great game as the defining faction involved in the halo series make for some real strong and also very different armies each with their own strenghts n weaknesses, i am concerned however that this beta posses some potentially damaging aspects that failed some other games in this genre. The first thing i noticed was the unit cap, not only does this limit the unit capacity to 60 (80 after upgrade) this limit is reduced further by the fact that the heavier units reqiure substantial amount of units value, example the scorpion tank counta as 7 units and the vulture counts as 9 restricting the players ability to COMMAND an effective army, some say this increases strategic play, i say this destroys it as a different factions should have the strengpoints and weakpoints EXAMPLE in C&C generals usa use patriot missile base defences effective against vehicles and air craft but can be easily destroyed by even the basic infantry units. I also hate the fact that the game uses a firebase that has very limited structures requiring upgrade of the main base to provide more, this effectively dictates what players can do, how thay do it, how much they can build and where they can build it. They could take the C&C tiberium wars idea that the main construction base has a build area around it and constructs to be placed inside, this would limit building space but still give the player the choice of where to put them, the restriction on resource / unit buildings could b limited numerically,( a firebase giving 2 of each resource n 1 of each unit building, increasing the numbers as the base is upgraded but not dictating where they are placed).The base defences are also limited and restricted to the four corners of the firebase, how do u construct an effective defence from that..... u cant. I also noticed it utilises 2 types of resourses from supply pod and generators and both are used like money to be spent on everything, im not quite sure which is important to have most of, an also if this is a good or bad thing

After playing 5 or so games of this beta i seeing a game that has the potential to be a great addition the the long list of RTS games. I have played this type of game since westwood studios released Command & Conquer on playstation and followed the C&C series up to C&C Generals zero hour and can honestly say that this franchise is still by far the best RTS games ive played. The halo wars RTS has the potential to be a great game as the defining faction involved in the halo series make for some real strong and also very different armies each with their own strenghts n weaknesses, i am concerned however that this beta posses some potentially damaging aspects that failed some other games in this genre. The first thing i noticed was the unit cap, not only does this limit the unit capacity to 60 (80 after upgrade) this limit is reduced further by the fact that the heavier units reqiure substantial amount of units value, example the scorpion tank counta as 7 units and the vulture counts as 9 restricting the players ability to COMMAND an effective army, some say this increases strategic play, i say this destroys it as a different factions should have the strengpoints and weakpoints EXAMPLE in C&C generals usa use patriot missile base defences effective against vehicles and air craft but can be easily destroyed by even the basic infantry units. I also hate the fact that the game uses a firebase that has very limited structures requiring upgrade of the main base to provide more, this effectively dictates what players can do, how thay do it, how much they can build and where they can build it. They could take the C&C tiberium wars idea that the main construction base has a build area around it and constructs to be placed inside, this would limit building space but still give the player the choice of where to put them, the restriction on resource / unit buildings could b limited numerically,( a firebase giving 2 of each resource n 1 of each unit building, increasing the numbers as the base is upgraded but not dictating where they are placed).The base defences are also limited and restricted to the four corners of the firebase, how do u construct an effective defence from that..... u cant. I also noticed it utilises 2 types of resourses from supply pod and generators and both are used like money to be spent on everything, im not quite sure which is important to have most of, an also if this is a good or bad thing

You might enjoy the Age of Empires series. It is similar in the balancing techniques and general style of play of the Halo Wars series, since the original Halo Wars game was made by Ensemble Studios, who made Age of Empires. 

As for which resource is worth more, it depends on the style of play and which units you focus on. Generally Supply is used for practically everything, while Energy is used mainly for upgrades, vehicles and research. Rush or spam builds will focus on just supply, while defensive and juggernaut builds using multiple units will focus more on energy.

Since the game is in beta, odds are the unit cap is purposefully low. Many RTS betas have lower unit caps to test the servers, general play and balance, tactics, etc. I expect ther unit caps to be much higher in the full version.