E3 2016 Discussion

Now that E3 has started, I'm sure a lot of us have thoughts on what's been shown and what's to come, whether that's in the form of excitement or disappointment. So, if you've watched any of the shows this far and have thoughts, or just want to speculate about what may be shown next, please share them here - we'd love to discuss what you think!

• Like 4

Awesome topic, Rocket! (Not the raccoon, don't worry).

Personally I can't wait to find out the release date of Halo Wars 2, and any Collector's Editions it has. Another graphic novel, steelbook, and some exclusive DLC would be nice.  

In addition I really love the Skyrim remaster thingo, and its accompanying Julianos Pack: 

post-33646-0-68208800-1465822614_thumb.jpg

Majorly disappointed at the 280 buckaroo price tag though, and with no steelbook! Grrr!

Looking forward to Halo, Destiny and Battlefield One content!   

How about you, RSR? 

EDIT: images never work for me.... 

EDIT: Woot! Image worked for once. 

Edited by Halo6 Follower
  • Like 1

Each to their own I guess. I don't like replaying game campaigns that I've invested many hours in previously just to reinvest those hours; such as Skyrim. 

Its exciting that Fallout is releasing little bits and pieces of DLC however no real content such as missions (besides far harbour) has been thrown in, so I'll probably only play it for 30 minutes tops and get bored.

Their mobile app 'Fallout Shelter' is getting a massive update too which you can play it on PC and follow your dwellers out into the wasteland. Thats pretty awesome considering its a free app.

Each to their own I guess. I don't like replaying game campaigns that I've invested many hours in previously just to reinvest those hours; such as Skyrim. 

Its exciting that Fallout is releasing little bits and pieces of DLC however no real content such as missions (besides far harbour) has been thrown in, so I'll probably only play it for 30 minutes tops and get bored.

Their mobile app 'Fallout Shelter' is getting a massive update too which you can play it on PC and follow your dwellers out into the wasteland. Thats pretty awesome considering its a free app.

I just want a "definitive" edition of Skyrim. The last copy I owned was for the PS3, and that was nearly 5 years ago plus the PC mods are FAR ahead of me in play-ability regards (I'm also too lazy to go searching for the best received ones). Besides, replaying it on XBL with new features will be a blast. More gamerscore for me.

Now Fallout 4... it's burned me. The main game - while fun - is mostly rehashed trash, and while the DLCs have been adding features I'm interested in it doesn't fix the fact that the main game still has trouble running itself along with these DLCs. In order for me to get the experience I want I'll have to download a performance-enhancing mod which would disable achievements... fixing the game which was supposed to be fixed from the get-go. Do you see my predicament?

Though it's my fault for getting the dumbed-down version, but there's not much I can do to get around that.

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3... First two were great, hoping the third one brings that fun feeling I had playing the first two.

I'll just leave this here.

I like it, makes Zelda look like an even bigger open world than all the previous ones. And Wind Waker was huge.

• Like 1

Now this may or may not be an entirly biased post because of my love for the Metal Gear series buuuuuuttttttttt......

I think Sony won E3 because of Hideo Kojima. I didnt think they would be showing his work so early so I was caught off gaurd. In a good way of course. Other than that nothing caught my attention. Except Skyrim defintive edtion. Not because I didnt think it was good. But because I really didnt care and have little time to play games now and they all kinda bore me. (Though I would definitely try and allocate time for the next Kojima game.) So uh, yeah, those are my thoughts on E3.

Finally!!!  A game that looks like a true successor to the greatest Zelda game of all time... Ocarina of Time!  Can't wait to see more of Breath of the Wild!

Quit being bias Twin, all the games were great up until all the ones made for Wii and the DS's. Then it went crap.

I like it, makes Zelda look like an even bigger open world than all the previous ones. And Wind Waker was huge.

Finally!!!  A game that looks like a true successor to the greatest Zelda game of all time... Ocarina of Time!  Can't wait to see more of Breath of the Wild!

I have to say that I'm really stoked on it. I nearly hit the pre-order button yesterday! But then I'd have to wait until 2017 to get it...

Quit being bias Twin, all the games were great up until all the ones made for Wii and the DS's. Then it went crap.

Well, I think what Twin's getting at is the leap that Ocarina of Time made. Up until then, all Zelda games were 2D. And to have a game with a large 3D world was mind-blowing. I get a similar vibe with Breath of the Wild.

With the introduction of a 3D world, Ocarina of Time introduced- quite literally- a new dimension of freedom. And each subsequent 3D game had that same dimension. But these games also had a lot of hand-holding, such as lengthy backstories and tons of NPC dialogue (one such example being an owl that doesn't know how to shut up).

Breath of the Wild seems like a spiritual successor to the very first game, where you're plopped in a world and it's up to you to figure out where to go. Sure, you know you have to beat the bad guy, but that's really all you know. Who that bad guy is or what they've done is a mystery. You're given the freedom from the hand-holding and lengthy exposition, which is a welcome change after each 3D game has had it. In a different sense, you're given a different dimension of freedom.

You're also given tons of new options in regards to how you approach battle and exploration. Is there a mountain in the way of your destination? Sure, you could go the long way around... or you could just climb right over it. Are there enemies blocking your way? You could mash them up with your sword... or ax... or spear... or burn them out by setting grass on fire... or steamroll them with a boulder... or whatever.

Freedom is the main motif that Breath of the Wild has to offer, and I think that will propel it to the same caliber of game that Ocarina of Time is... if not a higher caliber.

• 4 weeks later...