Theories and Politics

Graveminddead97

It is my belief that humans are the forerunners. I know Im probalbly just another, same-old storytelling guy, but I would appreciate your time on this.

My first clue is, that there is no possible way an entire race, billions, perhaps trillions, of people just vanishing from the galaxy. There would have to be some form of righting or video communication. Yet all that is left is their technology. Nothing more, nothing less.

My second clue is Guilty spark, and one of the sentinels from Ghosts of Onyx would call us reclaimers. Despite our language difference, and technological difference. Guilty Spark even already knew of our history and race name, and even home planet upon arrival onto Installation 04. We are also the only ones who can operate their machines. Why would the forerunners leave their technology to us?

My third clue is Halo: Contact Harvest. We were declared war upon because the prophets finally found out that humans and our technology were of forerunner descent. It says it right there in the book. We would contradict their entire religion. Taking the San-Shyuum (prophets) out of power. We being a Sacralige to their gods is a bunch of bull.

If you have any contradicting evidence other than Evolutions and the Forerunner Saga, then please leave a post.

Well the original humans went to war with the Forerunners, so the Forerunners devolved them. I am pretty sure they are different.

I agree. in Halo: Cryptum, he described the Forerunners as having a "grey fuzz" or hair covering their whole bodies. Now i've never seen someone with grey fuzz all over them. Cryptum takes place after the Human-Forerunner war. Now why would the Forerunners go to war with themselves, If humans are Forerunners?

I'm confused about the whole thing. The monitor Guilty Spark didn't know anything about us. In fact, during the terminal sequence on the Pillar of Autumn in CEA, it tells us how the Monitor downloaded all our history from the Pillar's computers systems. that is how he learned about us. Secondly, the "Sparkster" goes on to say that we were invited to the ring...meaning the monitor probably did some reconfiguring to allow only us to operate forerunner machinery. This likely occured on all rings, since they are interconnected....which is why on delta and I think gamma? we were still able to operate forerunner things.

Now, I am not sure if 343i used direct referrences for this stuff from any of the books, but seeing as how they are now the heads of all things Halo, I will foloow what they publish in-game as "cannon" and true to the universe of Halo.

Technology Guru, that is why I said upon arrival. That means when we arrived he learned about us and our history. Despite this he still calls us reclaimers. Kurt, I specifically stated at the end "evidence that has nothing to Evolutions or the Forerunner Saga". Cryptum is part of this forerunner series. Nice try both of you though. Im doing this based off of the time of bungie and their halo conquest, not 343. I am glad that they are giving halo its second chance though.

Oh also Kurt, it is called the theory of evolution. Perhaps we are smarter than the forerunners. Perhaps we are even better. could explain our great advances in 10,000 years. that is pretty fast. And I know, it is not told how quickly the forerunners (in my belief humans) came to their technological advances. Still perhaps we are just as smart as them and only our physical appearance is different. Maybe we are the stronger evolution. Maybe we have similar ancestors, but we became divided. In which case we are and aren't the forerunners. Their are so many possibilities but I believe in some way that we humans have some sort of blood relation, wether we are direct decendants to being blood relatives. We do hold some kind of blood relation to them and their story is now our story.

Hunter, you should read the post and the replies.

Me? I did read the post, and made a quick response because I didn't have much time. Kurt pretty much summed up what I would have said if I had more time or if I had actually decided to stop being lazy for a second and edit my post. Anyway it doesn't make sense that two groups within the same species would look so different also from Halo Cryptum it appears that the Forerunners didn't know anything about the Humans until the Human-Forerunner war.

To Gravemind, I was not rying to point out anything beyond my confusion. As I said before elsewhere, I don't read the books, nor do i care to throw myself into something that does not benefit me in REAL LIFE. That is why I do the game disassembly stuff. I was simply answering your post with a statement derived from what is saw in the terminal footage from Frankie. It was not a personal attack on your post.

Secondly it's a ******* game. There is no definte history, origin or future, to get all worked up about. It's all make believe...you guys do know that right?

And yes before someone says it...the Reaper has once again come in a bursted many a bubbles....leave it to me. I hate myself sometimes....

• Like 2

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the halo 4 section, since it has nothing to do with "General Discussion"? I thought this section was for things that didn't directly deal with or have any content directly to a title or series...AKA the New Halo Trilogy? And yes Brony, you are correct. everyone should have seen that coming from me. Thats what i am good for around here i gues..hehe

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the halo 4 section, since it has nothing to do with "General Discussion"? I thought this section was for things that didn't directly deal with or have any content directly to a title or series...AKA the New Halo Trilogy? And yes Brony, you are correct. everyone should have seen that coming from me. Thats what i am good for around here i gues..hehe

I shouldn't of said ended up, because you were the last post.

More like middled up or.. started up... xD

Politics never work in diverse forums is what I'm saying!

1st, I would like to appologize for not using your actual usernames. 2nd Twinereaper, It really is a general discussion, despite its complexity. 3rd, Brony, Politics are always involved in arguements, and an even earlier coment of yours, "...should of saw this coming..." I say heignsight is 20/20. 4th, Headhunter, you need to read your topics, study up on them before you make a quick response. There is an old saying that goes perfect for this. "It is better to appear the fool then to remove all doubt. Also I was talking about adamj004 who happens to be ranked hunter. That has to go with my first point. Nice try all of you though.

Hi, GMD. :)

First, I'd just like to say that I don't tread on the side of "Certainty". I choose a more enlightened (if confusing) path. What I'm talking about is nothing to do with religion, so let's not even go there. No, what I'm talking about was mentioned in Star Wars episode 3, when Obi Wan says to Anakin before their duel: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes." That's not a complete summary of why I see it this way, but it's close.

You want to exclude data from certain sources, so I will. But I give my opinion by posing a question:

When we've never seen any forms of Forerunner art, tools or medical utilities, fossilized remains, ancient garbage or other "footprints" that could give an anthropologically-inclined person a clue as to whether or not they may have been Human, what makes you think that a Human being called "Reclaimer" automatically means "Forerunner"?

Could "Reclaimer" not simply refer to the reclaiming of a galaxy ravaged by the Halo array?

From my perspective, the question isn't "What tells us the Forerunners were Human?"

It's "What tells us the Forerunners were not Human?"

We know from the terminals in H3 that The Librarian had a fondness for Humans, similar to how we may have a fondness for chimpanzees or dolphins (which many believe to be very intelligent creatures of potential). This is what shattered the idea that Forerunners were Human Beings for me.

That's right. Up until H3 I was utterly convinced that the Forerunners were Human.

But playing H3 on Legendary you got slightly different messages from the terminals, and after reading them I became convinced that The Forerunners were anything but Human.

Now, my rant aside, there's a truth about investigations you may not be familiar with:

Sonetimes it helps not only to look at the evidence you have, but also the evidence you do not have.

So, speculate all you want, GMD. There's nothing wrong with it. ^_^

Just be careful about jumping to conclusions based on inconclusive evidence.

Me? I did read the post, and made a quick response because I didn't have much time. Kurt pretty much summed up what I would have said if I had more time or if I had actually decided to stop being lazy for a second and edit my post. Anyway it doesn't make sense that two groups within the same species would look so different also from Halo Cryptum it appears that the Forerunners didn't know anything about the Humans until the Human-Forerunner war.

well, perhaps the two are related. it could be that a group of forerunners isolated themselves for so long that they eveolved into an entirely different species. this happens here on earth too.

Thank you father bullet you bring up a greatt point that I have also pointed out. They have nothing left other than tech. That is just to stupid to revive everything else but your own species, and leave another species all of it. Oh and dealing in absolute is a bad idea for not everything is absolute. To treat it as such would be irrational, hence why only sith do so. That means that your freinds can do something you do not appreciate and they would suddenly be your enemies. That is why I stick to technical stuff so I can get what I want while obeying rules. Humans are imperfect, so there are always loopholes in everything. Your taxes, Your cell phone contracts. Look at the elietes in Halo: Glasslands. They dealt with everything in absolute before then, and now can barely survive and fight let alone deal with their enemies. So thank you father bullet for bringing up an excelent point. And please leave more evidence in the contrary. You see the theory isn't about the forerunners. It was an experiment to see what the responses would be to this topic. It was a test, and It went according to my expectations. The theory is on the test. And the politics just makes it sound interesting.

Ooooh I… don't get it. :no

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your evidence that the Forerunners are Humans is the same as the evidence that they are not Humans?

I think there may be a fly in your logic ointment, GMD.

If this was a test of our knowledge, I think many of us passed.

If it was a test of our fandom, I think the test was not made to be passed.

And if it was a test of our wit and tolerance of trolls, you should be more careful, GMD. :mellow:

So, good sir, would you be so kind as to fill a chap in on the nature of this experiment?

So in short, you make tests on online forums with people you don't know on issues that don't make much sense. And you already know the result beforehand. I see...

Now let me ask you this. In all your mysterious test, do you actually and honestly believe Forerunners existed in the past and that we are in fact their descendants? Its a yes or no answer. Not if you know if its a fact, but if you believe its a possibility.

I agree. in Halo: Cryptum, he described the Forerunners as having a "grey fuzz" or hair covering their whole bodies. Now i've never seen someone with grey fuzz all over them. Cryptum takes place after the Human-Forerunner war. Now why would the Forerunners go to war with themselves, If humans are Forerunners?

Isn't that what the covenant did in Halo 3?

See, this is why I stick to decompiling and disassembling the game rather than reply to threads like this. basically in a nutshell, this whole thing was just some sort of test this guy created to use in some manor outside the site or for his own personal amusement? I'm not seeing anything Halo related in that usage, nor am I seeing any community goodwill. Spectral, lock this post please and lets move on.

• Like 1

See, this is why I stick to decompiling and disassembling the game rather than reply to threads like this. basically in a nutshell, this whole thing was just some sort of test this guy created to use in some manor outside the site or for his own personal amusement? I'm not seeing anything Halo related in that usage, nor am I seeing any community goodwill. Spectral, lock this post please and lets move on.

On your request it will be locked for now until it can be reviewed. I'll take your word on this Twin.

I placed this in a hiding spot for review. 11/14/11 pm

I have taken the time to review this topic since it has gained so much criticism due to the OP's reason for posting it in the first place. I have stated before that I will remove posts have no value to the members or are intended to create arguments for the OP's personal pleasure and not the community as a whole.

I am returning it to the GD in a locked mode for everyone to review again. The OP can message me and I will consider unlocking it for him to respond to the members why he feels we are his test subjects. He will be given a one time post opportunity and I will re-lock the post and let the membership and previous respondents read and message me their thoughts. This will most likely be the end of this thread, but am allowing Gravemind to post his final submission on the thread.

11/15/11 pm

Edited by Absolute Dog
Originally pulled for numerous membership complaints