XqxozY5.png

Heyy, welcome back to the Weekly Site Poll!  :P

Poll 27 - 'What would you change about a game you're hesitant to play?' - is here if you'd like to read the responses.

Moving on, this week's question is about the expo we all have a love/hate relationship with...

E3 2016. What would you like to see, and what would you HATE to see?

This thread will be locked a week from now on Saturday 6/11, so get your exposition in while you can!

And feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Weekly Site Poll in your response!

S.S. D, out!    :split:
  • Like 2

I want to see Halo Wars 2 news, gameplay, and lot more. I want to know how it has changed, and if it will be more like the Age of Empires games that Ensemble made which the original Halo Wars was based off of, or will it be more similar to the Total War Series, which Certain Affinity is known for. Although I love both series, I think the Age of Empires route would be better. 

I would also be interested in seeing more about the future of Halo 5. I wouldn't be surprised to see some forge or firefight footage, or maybe a DLC pack announcement.

I would be disappointed if we get an announcement that Crackdown 3 is getting delayed or canceled. I would be very upset. 

• Like 1

I would love to see more about Battlefield 1 like the campaign and more importantly the style of the multiplayer. I would also like to see more about Halo Wars to see if they can finally make an RTS.

However, I would hate to see a huge amount of Indie games. I don't hate Indie games (they can be and are good) but when there's about 20 games it just gets old fast.

• Like 1

Above all else, what I really want to see is actual gameplay, which is reflective of the quality of the final product. E3 is far too often used to either show gameplay which has been pre-rendered and is well above the graphical fidelity and physical complexity of the final product, or doesn't actually have any gameplay at all, and while I don't expect it to happen getting to see a realistic representation of what I could actually expect to be playing would be very welcome.

In terms of actual games? I'm not sure. I can't really think of any game series where I can honestly say 'yep, I want a sequel to this sometime in the next year', so what I'd really like to see is some brand new stuff. perhaps the only exception would be the new Gears of War, but obviously since that's already been announced it's more a case of that I'd like to learn more about it.

What I'd hate to see would be yet more safe, unimaginative sequels to existing franchises, especially if they're basically just rehashing old ideas rather than trying anything new. I'm also fairly sure I'm going to hate Battlefield 1, which is an unusual state for me as while I've never really been a fan of the series, this is the first one that I've outright disliked the premise of.

• Like 1

What about Mirror's Edge Catalyst? You know the first 20 minutes was released to the public not too long ago. What about if we shared our thoughts on it? More news about Catalyst would be awesome.

I would hate to see anything related to CoD.

Edited by Melody
  • Like 1

What about Mirror's Edge Catalyst? You know the first 20 minutes was released to the public not too long ago. What about if we shared our thoughts on it? More news about Catalyst would be awesome.

I would hate to see anything related to CoD.

It comes out tomorrow

• Like 1

Would love to see any cheeky trailers from Rockstar ie Red Dead Redemption 2 and also a bit more on Halo Wars 2.

Would hate to see the crowd go wild for CoD Infinite Warfare over it's regurgitated game mechanics.

Red Dead Redemption is the second game in the Red Dead series. Odds are it will be called Red Dead: "word starting with R"

Haha, I just noticed that :D (I really need to keep track of release dates)

Maybe SD can review it on the forums though? It would be interesting to see a review!

I was going to do a Doom review, but something got in the way.

Catalyst on the other hand has not been on my radar. Doesn't look like a game I'd be interested in. 

Anyway to answer my own question:

I'd LOVE to see...

• A new Dead Space
  • A new Left 4 Dead (probably not going to happen) or Half Life (almost certain that this will not happen)
  • Collections similar to The Master Chief Collection for Gears of War, Fallout, or Dead Space
  • A new Wolfenstein
  • A new Banjo Kazooie game in the same vein as 1 & Tooie. NOT Nuts & Bolts
  • Steins;Gate 0 for Xbox One
  • A partnership between Nintendo & Microsoft to port Nintendo games to Xbox & vice-versa for third-party games
  • The rumored suped-up Xbox codenamed "Project Scorpio" as well as the supposed "Project Helix": the initiative by Microsoft to start blurring the lines between gaming on PC & Xbox

I'd HATE to see...

• A totally new Halo game that has not been teased or shown previously
  • An expansion for Halo 5 that borders on being it's own game similar to Halo 3: ODST. I'd be swayed ONLY if they fix the garbage plot in OG Halo 5 somehow. Maybe retcon events
  • Like 1