[FEATURED] Freeman Bay

REMkings

logo_zpsomhnzgrz.png

"Morgan Bay, 1773. The  ever so peaceful port now houses a horrible rebellion..."

Welcome to Freeman Bay!
DOWNLOAD LINK

Freeman Bay is the successor to my map 'Morgan Bay', a map that I forged back in Halo 4. Morgan Bay has proven to be one of my most popular maps to date, winning Best of Forge 2013 and making its way into Matchmaking.

Therefore it was only a matter of time before I would try and bring back the map, only this time giving it a face-lift using the amazing new forge tools.

This map supports from 8 all the way up to 16 players, but I find 12 players is best.  It is to be used with the standard Infection gametype from Halo 5.

Screenshot-Original14_zpsb06h5eux.png

Inspiration

Morgan Bay was inspired by the typical ports you'd see in Assassin's Creed III. Obviously the same goes for Halo 5. I've gone ahead and looked at pictures from old Amsterdam as well, and hinted at this usage by implementing a Dutch flag in the map. I'm glad the theme is generally speaking instantly recognized, as I've had many people ask me if it was inspirted by AC3.

Assassins-creed-3-boston-alley-134858206

AC3-ca1_zps38wkbich.jpg

Philosophy

Freeman Bay, just like its predecessor, isn't just any map. Many, many hours have been put into improving the gameplay value and turning it into a fun and balanced map. As a result, the map has well balanced and interconnected holdouts that make for great flow. There are plenty of flanking routes and ways to quickly traverse between the separate areas of the map. Whether you're a human or a zombie, you're bound to have a great time on Freeman Bay.

Screenshot-Original49_zpsj6n8axsg.png

Screenshot-Original50_zpsi0jqjqfh.png

Teamwork

As I always make sure I do, teamwork is of tremendous importance on Freeman Bay and proves to be a necessary means to survival. The only way to see the end of the day is to team up with your surviving buddies and fight your way to victory.

This is brought into practice by the many buildings on the map that are all within each other's sightlines through windows and balconies. It is highly recommended you try and keep as many of your fellow survivors alive by supporting them from afar in defending themselves against attacking zombies. They will likely do the same for you.

Screenshot-Original38_zpsvxkwe1zk.png

Screenshot-Original47_zpscix6alcx.png

Additional Pictures

Screenshot-Original21_zpsv3uzkguw.png

Screenshot-Original22_zpsxabuoujj.png

Screenshot-Original26_zpsfyzls9us.png

Screenshot-Original25_zpsoz8h9k8t.png

Screenshot-Original23_zpsjp8g1tc6.png

Screenshot-Original20_zps1865dp7n.png

Screenshot-Original27_zpstgimpw4s.png

Screenshot-Original28_zpsrfmqvo1l.png

Screenshot-Original29_zpspjyavipy.png

Screenshot-Original31_zpspx3twcfh.png

Screenshot-Original32_zpsrdblbcgz.png

Screenshot-Original33_zpsr6apjw7c.png

Screenshot-Original30_zpslffcbaux.png

Screenshot-Original36_zps93nu5tlq.png

Screenshot-Original55_zpsvrjcvfv5.png

Screenshot-Original41_zpsphmurixm.png

Screenshot-Original53_zpshojlacrn.png

Screenshot-Original51_zpsplmxkczx.png

Screenshot-Original65_zpswvuvq7lh.png

Epilogue

Thank you all for reading, I hope you like the map and give it a download! Let me know what you think down below and leave a rating if you will.

- REMkings

- Special thanks -

WARHOLIC
PA1NTS
WyvernZu
The 0micron
Auxi Klutch
CommanderColson
CANADIAN ECHO
Zandril S312

and the many others that helped me test this map once or more, gave me helpful feedback or simply expressed their thoughts on the map

= DOWNLOAD LINK =

Screenshot-Original15_zpszy5cep5b.png

post-30630-0-11212300-1464793537_thumb.png

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
  • Twam unpinned this topic