XqxozY5.png

Heyy, welcome back to the Weekly Site Poll! :P

I've taken it upon myself to continue the work of Cabus the Graest. He's been AFK for some time. Also, a name change is in order since I plan for this to be a TRUE weekly poll: not every other week like the previous poll series (it did have 'semi' in it's title).

The previous poll topic - 'Why did you get into / What caused you to enter gaming?' - is here if you'd like to read the responses.

Anyway, this week's question I hope isn't too broad. It's somewhat summer themed, because I know I definitely did this when I had nothing else to do during summer...

Have you ever binge-played a game or games for hours/days/weeks on end, and which ones would they be?

This thread will be locked a week from now on Saturday 5/28, so get your exposition in while you can!

And feel free to suggest the topic for the NEXT Weekly Site Poll in your response!

DS, out!  :split:
  • Like 5

My most recent game I have binge played was The Witcher 3 last year. It just took me with a great story and great mechanics. I started to read the books and went back and started playing the Witcher 2. If you haven't, I would recommend getting the Witcher3.

Another games I've played and just been enthralled by recently is Crusader Kings 2, a grand strategy game full of intrigue, war, religious conflict, and family problems. Whether it has been driving the Saxons from England, unifying the Norse pagans, extinguishing the Karling dynasty, or Crusading, the game has not let me down. If you want to spice it up, there are plenty of mods that expand the game into Tamriel, Westeros, or the Americas. It takes a while to understand some of the finer aspects of the game, but it is very rewarding to just play and complete your own personal goals. Just remember, DEUS VULT! 

• Like 2

My most recent game I have binge played was The Witcher 3 last year. It just took me with a great story and great mechanics. I started to read the books and went back and started playing the Witcher 2. If you haven't, I would recommend getting the Witcher3.

Another games I've played and just been enthralled by recently is Crusader Kings 2, a grand strategy game full of intrigue, war, religious conflict, and family problems. Whether it has been driving the Saxons from England, unifying the Norse pagans, extinguishing the Karling dynasty, or Crusading, the game has not let me down. If you want to spice it up, there are plenty of mods that expand the game into Tamriel, Westeros, or the Americas. It takes a while to understand some of the finer aspects of the game, but it is very rewarding to just play and complete your own personal goals. Just remember, DEUS VULT! 

Ohhh yeah, I definitely spent more than a week playing Witcher 3. That game is mindbogglingly huge for it's price, and it's truly one of the best games I've ever played. It has abysmally deep lore, a fleshed out world, characters that I actually cared about, a solid story buildup, and a superb climax: especially the final boss fights.

I've never been into strategy games like CK2 since I've never owned a PC that could run a game like it. I'll bookmark it though if I do manage to get an adequate rig. ;)

I have Binge played a many games, but not one like I did Halo Reach back in 2012-2013. I played that game everyday completing all the challeneges everyday and week. I had the goal of getting to Inheritor, but then I realized after getting to Forerunner exactly how much EXP it would take, and with Halo 4 on the way I stopped and just couldn't ever get back into the Grind the same way. So Close, yet so far.

• Like 2

I've binged Just Cause 2 on my 360. I played it everyday during Summer for hours when I wasn't doing anything else. I got two red rings of death because of it. I desperately tried to get 100% but everything I destroyed or collected was worth 0.1% or less.

Alas, I only reached 75%. I've never had the same drive to complete something like it.

• Like 2

I have Binge played a many games, but not one like I did Halo Reach back in 2012-2013. I played that game everyday completing all the challeneges everyday and week. I had the goal of getting to Inheritor, but then I realized after getting to Forerunner exactly how much EXP it would take, and with Halo 4 on the way I stopped and just couldn't ever get back into the Grind the same way. So Close, yet so far.

Ahh, Halo: Reach. 2011-2013. Those were the days.

I binge played Reach ALLOT, but it pales in comparison to the marathons I've run for Halo 3 in the years before. :mega_shok:

• Like 1