what is taking so long for m.o.r update + discussion about the update itself

as much of us are feeling, the memories of reach update is taking forever to be released. normally this wouldn't be so bad since the updates were at the beginning of the month after the one it was supposed to be released in but...it has nearly been two weeks and over and it's still not out! what are they even doing? 

does anyone want to discuss this with me and tell me your opinions on the matter?

also what are you mainly excited for in the update? what will you be doing with it? if you're planning on making special maps for infection, could you tell us more about it?

technohollow99 over and out

I swear to go-...

The update literally releases today, May 12.

They don't have to release updates monthly, because content takes a lot of time to make. Doing them monthly is really impressive, and most game companies couldn't handle it. Not to mention the team that is working on the update, isn't the entire studio. It's just a small group of people, I'd say around about 10 people. Which isn't a lot.

So take your chill pill.

Also, Forge. That seems to be the only thing worth doing this update since half of it is literally filler. It's about as bad as the DBZ Garlic Junior Season.

• Like 2

Dude, most updates in Halo 5 have come out in the middle of the month. Since this is a larger update, it will most likely take a bit more time. 343i is delivering good content now, and consistently. Lift your foot off the anger pedal a bit. The best quality of 343i as a game developer is their post-launch changes and updates. In the late days of Reach and in Halo 4, it was the updates that showed they were listening and could adapt. The initial game might not be the best at launch, but they do a great job of fixing their mistakes the community asks for (in general).

i wasn't hating on 343, i was just too hyped for memories of reach that it was frustrating to wait.......but wow, looks like you lot just couldn't wait to complain at me before you knew why i was like this

Because I see this junk on Waypoint 24/7

People want the update to come earlier than it should be. Content takes a while to make, it's not something that can be just added in, no matter what theory you have that makes it sound easy. It's not that easy. Like, we just now got the Number 10 emblem. Because, believe it or not, Number 10 emblem added in earlier, would have caused game-breaking bugs. Just a single emblem.

Content isn't easy, and most people get sick and tired of people complaining. Topics like these are something the community hates to click on, no matter how supportive you are. Updates take time. If they're willing to do it and have the patience for the community, you should return the patience as well. 

Not everything is what it seems.

To be fair, while this update was later then originally planned the Hog Wild update will probably be out on time. Why do i say this? Well the current "agreement" 343 have is to have the last DLC drop in June, meaning the Warzone Firefight update will have to drop in June and cannot release anywhere in July meaning the Hog Wild update will need to be released in May or atleast the first week of June. The only issue here is the Hog Wild update is most likely going to be a small one to allow them to release it in time so don't be expecting anything amazing *cough cough* Falcon *cough cough*. This will also explain the 2 Brute Plasma Rifle variants they occidentally put into the req system at the MoR launch as they will be for Hog Wild and already done to save time.