Halo Lore Q)=> WTF, WHY IS THE DOMAIN STILL ACTIVE!?

Considering you have read the topic title, WTF!?

Shouldn't the Domain have been Destroyed by the Halo Rings? Because if it wasn't destroyed, the Didact wouldn't have gone insane while he was in his Cryptum. Like seriously, WTF? Does this mean the Flood is still alive, and EVEN MORE POWERFUL than what we witnessed in one through three? Will Cortana actually die, if this is the case? This game created more questions then they did answer them.

​I would like to know what you guys think, or share the same concerns as I do.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering you have read the topic title, WTF!?

Shouldn't the Domain have been Destroyed by the Halo Rings? Because if it wasn't destroyed, the Didact wouldn't have gone insane while he was in his Cryptum. Like seriously, WTF? Does this mean the Flood is still alive, and EVEN MORE POWERFUL than what we witnessed in one through three? Will Cortana actually die, if this is the case? This game created more questions then they did answer them.

​I would like to know what you guys think, or share the same concerns as I do.

While I don't know the answer regarding the Domain, all I can really say is Brian Reed for you, the Flood is still very much alive. We've encountered the Flood on both Installation 04 and 05 meaning that there's most likely Flood containment sites on most of the installations that were not effected by the rings firing. In terms of even more powerful Flood you never know. The Gravemind at Delta Halo pretty much broke containment years ago and took control of 2401 Penitent Tangent; what's to say there isn't another Gravemind out there thats took control of that Installation's monitor and growing more powerful each day. Heck it might not even be on another Halo ring; Forerunners loved to build there sites all over the place. Finally regarding the Flood since Halo Wars is canon there could be more shield worlds where the surface of said world was completely covered in flood; but thats opening up more issues.

In terms of Cortana; to me she died in Halo 4 with her true ending after sacrificing herself to save Chief. I'm going with the theory many people have had where the Cortana in Halo 5 is one of the rampant fragments that assumed full control once it reached the domain. So I'm hoping this version of Cortana dies because Halo 5 made that final cutscene in Halo 4 pointless.

Does this mean the Flood is still alive, and EVEN MORE POWERFUL than what we witnessed in one through three?

My Hope. My Fire. This is the Storyline I desire. Halo 5 was setup city. But wasn't very good at doing so. Hopefully it will lead into some good Flooood action.

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1