Weird Halo 5 lag issue. Help?

TheElffHimself

To start, I consistently lag out of games daily. It is only me that lags out, even if I have 1-4 others playing on my internet with me at the same time. It says I have a moderate NAT, but as far as I can tell, I only have this issue with Halo 5. I have uninstalled the game already, but that didn't help. Has anyone else had this issue, or know what it could be?

If it specifically tells you that you have "Moderate NAT", then you already know what the problem is.  Your Xbox needs NAT to be strictly off, and you need to forward your ports through the router firewalls.  In all my years of gaming I have never once encountered ANY error that a large majority of players face since Halo Reach in regards to how the Xbox systems respond in terms of server connections.

Needless to say, people need to learn how to setup and maintain a proper home network before coming into forums and charging the developer with an issue.  Go through all the searches Google has to offer about home networking and Live ports, then come back if the problem hasn't been resolved and please post in the proper place.  Aka... one of the other thousands of repeat threads we have about this kind of stuff.

@@Twinreaper I'm sorry to annoy you. I'm not trying to charge the developer with an issue. I was wondering if anyone had any advice to offer, because I haven't seen this issue anywhere else. I have entered my IP and everything under advance settings, and I have configured my router settings. When I start playing, I have open NAT. When I check after I get dropped, it has switched to moderate.

It could be your router. Can you confirm that your router changes are being held, and that you have a manually assigned IP in your Xbox network settings?

One common problem is that the console will automatically be assigned a random IP every time it is powered on, thus negating any ip port forwarding.