permanent weapons

technohollow99

okay so a lot of you out there probably have been wondering stuff like this for a while but anyhoo: have you noticed how weapons like shotguns, snipers and certain weapon variants are not permanent  weapons like our other permanent spawning weapons?

stuff like the whispered truth and the CE magnum aren't permanent yet stuff like the halo 2 BR is? what gives!?! eventually the CE shotgun is gonna be added and i know the upgraded versions of weapons shouldn't be permanent but the basic ones should! that's not to say the covenant or promethean weapons should be permanent, not by a long shot but at least some of the UNSC weapons most definitely should be, especially the CE weapons and basic stuff

on the other hand.....what is your opinion on this matter?

Well I think those weapons are just too powerful for permanent unlocks. 

Not taking into account the fact that not everyone has unlocked these weapons yet, and are therefor restricted to the lower tier of loadout weapons (Assault Rifles with maybe a few attachments, etc). I would really hate to go up against a player with Whispered Truth, especially in the first few minutes of the game.  I mean, I haven't even obtained the Halo 2 BR yet. 

It's an interesting idea for sure, you could argue that 'since everyone is powerful, no-one is.' And given the amount of time Halo 5 has been released for now, it seems likely that a majority of players have unlocked some really good firepower.  But, personally, I feel that it ruins the whole point of Req cards. And would greatly lower the replayability of Warzone, if all of the cards are permanent unlocks.

But on the other hand, it would be fun to just sit in the back and snipe for the entire match. Or to marvel at a new unlock. 

I hope this makes sense. xD Just my 2 cents.   

Edited by Halo6 Follower

Uh, no.

Infinite Energy Swords and Shotguns shouldn't be a thing. By what you're saying, is base forms being permanent but not the buffed/upgraded form.

Imagine an entire enemy team spawning with Rockets and Lasers. Vehicle combat wouldn't happen, which is literally the only reason Warzone exists. For vehicle combat, so 343 can get some of that money from you buying REQ's for vehicles.

Also, reason why the CE Magnum isn't permanent is because it works completely different than the regular Magnum. 3 shot kill and automatic, whereas the Magnum is 5 shots and semi-automatic. Halo 2 BR is permanent because it functions the same with just a few faster mechanics. You can still out BR the Halo 2 BR with a H4/H5 BR, but you can't out magnum the CE Magnum with a Magnum. If you do, you're lucky.

Reason mainly is because it's dumb. Also, Social Fiesta is a thing. And it's replayability is just god awful.

Also what @@Halo6 Follower said.

• 3 weeks later...

I think perhaps the basic level of powerweapons should be permanent unlocks such as the basic sniper rifle, 

I disagree, In no Halo game (so far) have power weapons as permanent unlocks. Regardless of the tier from common to legendary, these weapons would be an unfair advantage for those without permanent unlocks already. Even a standard sniper rifle can be deadly in the right hands, besides if it were permanent what would be the point of close quarters combat? Everyone with permanent unlocks will just camp with their weapons since now (they would never lose them after a death)

I can see maybe a basic perm BR or DMR, but overall I believe it's a mistake.

• Like 1

In warzone the basic shotgu. Is useless unless your doing base defense defense, I can literally kill a guy with an awesome power weapons from a safe distance with a BR and he would never get a chance to use that shotgun once, plus if you assault a base you won't get one shot off beforea 5 man team lights you up... Iv noticed this in warzone is you die exceptionally faster because you can literally be up against 5 Spartans at once and be royally messed.

Iv also noticed except for the newest level and maybe noctis most warzone maps lack cover when traversing the maps you literally are an easy target for a 4 man team to pick off with no chance of making it to cover.

• 2 weeks later...

The Halo 2 BR isn't considered a power weapon. You still have to have decent aim, and it is not really that overpowered compared to the other BRs, as some have longer range, better accuracy, boosted melee damage, etc. They all have their own perks. BRs, Pistols, ARs and DMRs are considered starter weapons and allow for general combat... Shotguns in Halo are considered power weapons, and as such. you've always had to locate one on the map and fight for it in past Halo games, in general Slayer and Objective based matches anyway.

• Like 1