Lever 39 and still haven't gotten a permanent DMR, should i be buying silver or gold packs?

Itz jamiejo

Silver packs, also you're a level 39. Granted I got mine at level 23. (I got very lucky, Mantis was my very first cert in my very first pack.) 

Silver packs contain a Rare DMR, which is the standard DMR. And many more of the type. So if you want your DMR faster, keep buying Silver's. Do not buy ANY Gold. It's just a dumb thing to do since it raises the chances of not getting it by like 40%.

• Like 2

I'm so glad I got mine from my first set of Warzone packs.

In any case like Fishy said Silvers would be the fastest way since the most basic DMR is a rare. You might also consider buying a few Bronze packs to fish those common permanent REQs out of the system so your chance at a DMR for a Silver pack becomes higher.

• 1 month later...

Well I'll be, I didn't know buying silvers would be the optimal pack to go for. But it seems incredibly logical now as to why I should've in the first place.

I unlocked my first DMR (the default one with no attachments) at level 46 which I thought in my opinion is appalling.

Its one of my most favourite weapons in the game and having to rack up massive amounts of hours of gameplay just to rock the weapon you love is pretty sad.

Shame on me.