Do you remember when Halo CE first found you?

Absolute Dog

My first contact with Halo was the day after it hit the market I believe. My nephews showed me this new game called Halo Combat Evolved and the XBOX game console. They had already played it and were hyper excited to get me to play with them. It was unlike anything I had seen to that point. I was using the Play Station 2 at the time and had been bringing it over to them on occasion to play with them. Now they had the system and game that I had to get. Being much older than them was not a factor as we played for hours on end together, even headed to their friends a few time for the linked games with multiple systems and TV's. Their friends thought it was so cool that an "adult", if you will, was just as into the game as them. I was 38 years old, but felt like 12 again as we all fought, elbowed and made fun of each others being "owned".

Where were you when Halo was first announced? How old were you? Who were your Halo buddies back then?

Let it all hang out! lol

The original trailer when the game was to be a PC/MAC based computer game.

This was the original trailer for the XBOX.

halo1024x768-default-nopicture-1.jpg

• Like 2

Looking at that Xbox trailer really brings back memories of playing co-op with my cousin. I also remember being near his computer while he browsed the web. He had plugged in a screen kind of device that allowed me to play the game while near his PC. I can't wait to pick up CEA, it's going to be a blast.

• Like 2

*glares at the end of video 2 and closes eyes*

"You are humanity's final hope.................HALO..............Combat Evolved."

Wow!! That really does bring back fond memories. Halo found me December of 2001. I was 26 at the time. I was visiting a friend's house for Christmas and he wanted to show me this "awesome" new game that had been released with this "new" console. I had seen commercials on TV advertising this beast of a machine but it was new and I was unsure of the quality so opted not to purchase.............yet. I too had the Playstation 2 (the big bulky one that was released first) and the Playstation.

So we popped the disc in and there it was. It was Halo. My friend handed me the "fatty" controller and I began playing and remember thinking "Wow, the Playstation doesn't look THIS pretty". We ended up playing until 3 a.m. Needless to say, the next day I owned the XBOX and Halo. Haven't looked back and still have my original Halo: CE.

The closer the release date gets, the more difficult it is to maintain my patience, lol!!

Thanks for the vids AD and the trip down memory lane, lol!!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i remember halo when it was announced as an RTS and being so excited. i was getting tired of Warcraft 2. i remember a bunch of my friends talking about it and the xbox. whereas i was a nintendo loyalist, and pc junkie.....that soon changed.

my boys were talkin about the game, i automaticly hated on it cuz is wasnt an RTS and i thought Frontline (COD) was the only good shooter at the time. Till one night after playing a show with this band call Once Pure, i got to the crews house! back in the very back room the was this lil hidden room in the corner of the house.

I walk in that house and see 4 TV's in a circle faceing away from it. LOL two with red tape, two with blue tape. i looked at Jay and say "what the hell is this?" He looked at me and said "the end of life as you know it."

i found a seat and got my ass kicked all night, and loved it. i mean, gameing was for nerds, and i had to hide it most the time. but this was my Heaven. i could not believe i was sitting in a room with 15 other dudes and chicks playing the same game. and the tradition still lives thought it went from that extreamly tiny room, to a studio apt. (halo 2 era), and back to a house since halo 3 with all the great online features.

I must say, I do miss the fun of kicking it with all my boys stuck in a room cussing each other cuz of random grenades being thrown across the map and killing people LOL god you could fling them things in CE!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, you're trying to destroy my memory with a look that far back in time, I barely remember one week back, wait... I don't remember anything last week. Oh well...

Halo first came to my life in November when my brother who was in the military at the time wanted to splash out his money on a nice new console, the Xbox. First day he brought it home I was on it like a kid in a candy story and out of all his games I choose Halo: Combat Evolved. From day one I fixed on the idea of having it myself. Day after, day. I pestered my family so much that on Christmas they told me to come open my presents as I wasn't very fixed on Christmas. Even at a young age. I opened them all, no Xbox! Then I was told to come back downstairs, they pull out the couch and boom there we have it. Halo with the new Xbox.

Now if I think back, that's maybe why I'm lazy because even from a young age I just sat playing games, watching movies. I even remember the first ever time I played the campaign. Oh my, those years have come and gone but thanks to CEA, I got to relive those memories.

I was 7 when I played the first Halo, my brother brought it over because he got it like a week early because he worked at gamestop. He brought it over and I don't think I even returned it.

Ahh I still have it! Ohhh yeahhh!

Was in college, right before christmas break, and one of my good buddies invited me to a LAN party, said we're playing this game called halo, now before halo the only fps games I played were golden eye and perfect dark on the N64 and I played the snot out of those. It was almost scary how quick I was sucked into halo, it was one of those moments where everything just felt right, almost like it found me and not the other way around and that was just the multiplayer, once I got a box and delved into the campaign though, it became a full fledged addiction for the next....... Okay so it's still an addiction :D

Ah, I remember pretty much every time I went to my best friend's house when I was younger we'd play Halo the entire time. We'd eventually turn committing suicide in the game into a contest, like trying to land on the platforms on those pits on the levels "Silent Cartographer" and "Assault on the Control Center". Man, we had the time of our lives. Since then, I've loved playing Halo, especially when they come over.

i remember that i was like 7 when my dad got this game on the PC and let me and my sister watch him. the first level i saw was Halo, and after the level, me and my sister nicknamed all the covenant species. every night, i would try to watch every level he played. my dad stopped playing after he beat the campaign, and shortly after, i met a new friend in my neighborhood and he had the Xbox and Halo. i would always go to his house and we would play that game every time. i then got an Xbox with halo 2, then got halo 3 and halo reach, and I'm fixing on getting halo 4 :thumbup:

Around christmas 2001 my brother took me to his friends house in our neighborhood. We go downstairs and there is a HUGE bigscreen with an L sofa right by the stairs and a little old wooden tv set (from the late 80's?) around the bend in a corner on the floor. "Ok you play with them"... my teamates (maybe 6 and 7) taught me how to play and expected me to be the better on the small screen as i was 10. Despite a brief experience with Goldeneye years before this was the first fps I had played and my god did we get the hell beat out of us, our host's cousin must have been been playing since the day it came out and was mighty proficient with the sniper rifle.

After maybe 5 games of floundering atop the bloodgulch red base trying to figure out if there were actual teams and what betrayed meant, then how to drive, and then how to throw and aim, I was getting the hang of it. We played all day until my teammates quit and I got a spot on the bigscreen. Resplendent ethereal light rained from the heavens as angels sang tributes to the glory of Master Chief! Getting merced out repeatedly never felt so good, and thus it was we stuck to slayer and king of the hill playing all the maps for forty days and forty nights.

This was when my brother and i started our terror campaign on our parents for them to buy us a system or let us buy a system, we even pitched the idea several times with charts and graphs. They had seen the effects super smash bros had on us at a friends house after school years before and weren't too keen on the idea.

This was also the year i met my best friend throughout highschool and so days were spent either in the neighborhood or at his house playing multiplayer and falling in love everytime with the "graphics that look[ed] real!" and the amzing feel to it. Needless to say the next christmas we had an xbox and of course Halo.

Don't get me started on the campaign

• 2 weeks later...

I was young when i first got halo CE, i was only like, 5 or 6, i got it on christmas day, along with my xbox, and i thought "hmm, just another game" but ever since i played CE, i can't turn back on halo, it is one of the best games i have ever played.

LONG LIVE HALO.

this is pretty much the same story for me

• 5 weeks later...

At that time i believe i was between 16-18. Played countless hours on it and became the "Hunter Blockaid". because each time me and a friend had to deal with a darn hunter he would hide in the corner and suck his thumb while i danced around it and brought it down. I used to love going up against 2 hunters at once since it gave me a rush. Still miss that game to no end, and i often play it on the pc when i can.

10 years old when I first received Halo. It was a glorious day of nothing but slaughtering aliens with by brothers. Though, I have been familiar with Bungie for sometime. I played all the Marathon's they created, so much fun. Then I saw where they had switched consoles and I along with them. :)

Is it just me or does the voice from video two sound a bit like Master Chief doing an "In A World" impression? lol

My first experience with Halo was Halo CE PC version a few weeks after it came out. A couple of guys in my computer tech class figured out how to install Halo on the school computers (not normally possible, but with a few firewalls fubared and a USB, back then, anything was possible). We played it in class when we got bored, and I always won. One of my classmates (he later went into MLG, his names Jeff) got so angry at me he walked over and turned off my computer. xD