Do you remember when Halo CE first found you?

Absolute Dog

So our friend V gets an XBOX, me and P are not into gaming though at the time. We all were 12 years old. V comes over at P's house and brings his XBOX and Halo CE along to show it to us. Over the next 2 weeks me and P had an XBOX and the 3 of us had amazing lan matches playing Halo.

10 years ago the xbox was just released and i was out with my dad getting it for xmas i went into the store and picked an xbox that had the james bond night fire game with it, then the store assistant showed me the xbox package that came with halo ce and he said that this is was far better game and convinced me to get it, so i got it and thats where it all kicked off for me, if it wasnt for that guy i might not have become a halo fan and i wouldnt be part of this brilliant site and comunity, thank you game store assistant guy.

• 2 weeks later...

I was slightly slow to the Halo CE party. I didn't get to play it (parents not letting me play M-rated games) until 2007. I was at my friends house playing PC games and stumbled upon Halo. Played it once and didn't stop for another 10+ hrs when I beat the game. I have now played through it and CEA at total of at least 5 times. In my opinion the best halo story mode.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine down the road got it in 2002-2003 i believe. I think they got it as a christmas gift so they invited me over to play. We all became immersed in the campaign. Me my brother and my friend and his 2 brothers would constantly fight over who would get to play campaign. We got 4 controls and had a blast in multiplayer. I'll never forget when we finally got to the Maw and how many times we died trying to drive to the end. Simply unreal how good the game was for the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My friend has the cea and every friday I go to his house (except for the times my mom wants him to come over but I just ask if he can bring his xbox 360 and we play all his halo games which I got him into.) We have found almost all of the skulls and we look for the terminals too. I have the original combat evolved on the pc and to this day I play it and when I go to collage I will bring it with me.

At that time i believe i was between 16-18. Played countless hours on it and became the "Hunter Blockaid". because each time me and a friend had to deal with a darn hunter he would hide in the corner and suck his thumb while i danced around it and brought it down. I used to love going up against 2 hunters at once since it gave me a rush. Still miss that game to no end, and i often play it on the pc when i can.

I too can take hunters down well and I know some secrets in ce where as in the anniversery a lot of them are fixed and gone but still I love the game. You and i should get online sometime

Halo CE came with my Xbox, but I looked at the cover thinking "that game just looks ****ty.. " and I put the game on my shelf.

A few months went by and one of my brothers asked me what that game was all about.. the one sitting on my shelf. I told him I hadn't even opened it yet, and so we decided to give it a shot. That was at 8pm..... by the next morning we had already beaten the campaign on Legendary and were having a blast on multiplayer.

Junior year in highschool when I got my first experience with CE, that was in 2002. Had an AV gaming event after school, blasting the Halo sound through the PA system. Best time ever. Unfortunately I was still a PS2 fan boy at the time and hated the XBox controller, it was just too big. Didn't get an XBox until Halo 2 came out, but will always remember that first experience.

• 3 months later...

I found out about halo when CE came out.. I got out the hospital after surgery one day and all I could do is lay down and I had an Xbox but not halo CE.my friend had 2 of them so he came over and gave me one..and I loved it...thats how halo found me..

• 3 weeks later...