Halo 4 New Armor Benefits?

Xtra Sauce

Well, I heard of this mentioned before, but i want to put my thoughts on It: "Armor Benefits" Not as overpowering as Armor Ability's. But I think this would be cool, Lets just say all armor had different benefits, Such as 5% more Explosive Resistance, Or 5% Faster Movement, Or maybe even Increased Jump Hight 110%! The better the Benefit the more the Armor cost's. This may make the game more interesting, People will feel more accomplished when they buy armor. Not just for looks, but Benefit also. Or you could go into another catagory of Armor benefit like Ammo Benefits, Such as the Breacher chest in Halo Reach. What if that gave you automaticly 4 more shells with shotguns? Or the Shoulder Armor with Sniper Bullets on it, In Halo Reach, Gives you an extra Sniper clip? I think this would make the game more - so interesting for it gives you a goal to unlock armor even - more than before! But Anyway Please Reply with your own ideas about this topic!

I love the idea, but it would make the game a tad bit more unbalanced, I feel like it would be more similar to CoD which I personally think is the most unbalanced game ever. xD

I agree with Brony on this one. It would be too much like CoD. It would take away from what Halo really is. In Halo, everyone starts with the same weapons. Everyone starts on the same level. The only difference is skill. Now in CoD, anyone can get kills if they chose a launcher, or any other special gun. Halo is more based on skill, not loadouts, or classes, or perks (which is pretty much what you were talking about with the armor).

Of course all I said was excluding Reach.

I agree with Brony on this one. It would be too much like CoD. It would take away from what Halo really is. In Halo, everyone starts with the same weapons. Everyone starts on the same level. The only difference is skill. Now in CoD, anyone can get kills if they chose a launcher, or any other special gun. Halo is more based on skill, not loadouts, or classes, or perks (which is pretty much what you were talking about with the armor).

But it's not really excluding Reach either, all you have is loadouts, you can't create your own loadout and go in game. There is a set amount of AA's in the game to make it balanced, which is why I don't mind the AAs.

Also, they don't even put in all of the loadouts so the choices are pretty basic. In CoD, you can have like 3 different perks that can make you do whatever the hell you want and you can pick all the weapons and equipment you want to start out with.

Add in drawbacks. If CoD wasn't there you wouldn't care. I have supported this before and will now. If the armor was real, it would have different effects. I sugest all the good armors be unlocked by campaign achevments. Just saying...

But it's not really excluding Reach either, all you have is loadouts, you can't create your own loadout and go in game. There is a set amount of AA's in the game to make it balanced, which is why I don't mind the AAs.

Also, they don't even put in all of the loadouts so the choices are pretty basic. In CoD, you can have like 3 different perks that can make you do whatever the hell you want and you can pick all the weapons and equipment you want to start out with.

Well, what I meant was: in Reach you still have some customizability. It's not a lot, but it's still there. Players are no longer on the same level, so to speak. Some players have armor lock, jet pack, etc..and you don't know what they have. I just like a true test of skill. Now or course there are rockets, snipers, swords and such added in for flavor. But it just doesn't seem like Halo to have customizability that tremendously effects gameplay.

Add in drawbacks. If CoD wasn't there you wouldn't care. I have supported this before and will now. If the armor was real, it would have different effects. I sugest all the good armors be unlocked by campaign achevments. Just saying...

Well I would still care if CoD didn't exist. I'm just using CoD as an example. I just don't like gameplay-effecting customizability. And yes, drawbacks could be added, but look at armor lock. The pro: invincibility for a limited time. The Con: not being able to move. Armor lock has drawbacks, yet most people still hate it.

-I kill guy who has sniper-

-oh wait, it has no ammo left-

-no worries I will just pull some ammo off my Bat-Belt-

-pulls spare ammo out and places in sniper-

-pops some headshots-

-reaches for more ammo-

-no ammo-

-oh CRAP!!!-

Just messin :P

Although I am still not to keen on the idea. Armour benefits help promote camping. methinks.