Halo 5 - Error Message - 0x87de2729

TheEchoVision

I purchased the Halo 5 Guardians Special edition game back in February. It installed fine, but when starting the game it comes up with the error message 0x87de2729 'The person who bought this needs to sign in'.

Now I have been through many, many different troubleshooting issues with Microsoft Support (all in all about 8 times) and they have stated that they can no longer help.

I have;

Returned the disc and got a new copy

Uninstalled the game

reinstalled offline

reinstalled with no account signed in

Cleared Cache

Cleared Blu Ray cache

Opened ports on my router

Downloaded updates from the Xbox website an installed updates

I have tried the disc in other console who have previously installed the game and it works

I have  gone through console settings and router settings

Factory reset

I have tried many other little things as well, but to be quite honest I have lost track of everything.

Xbox Support suggest that I am encountering a licence issue but are unable to help

All my other games work fine and I am not sure what else I can do! Any help/ ideas would be appreciated (but I must admit I have probably tried them all already - my list is not exhaustive)

Thanks.

I did a quick Google search and found this gem.  Not sure if it will work, but try it anyway.

1. Delete the profile from the console by going to Settings > Security, sign and passkey > remove from this Xbox. This will not affect the account or delete anything. It will just refresh it.

2. Press and hold the power button and the bind button(gray/silver button with ))) lines on the left side of the disc tray). The console will turn itself off.

3. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet and the console and leave it unplugged for two minutes.

4. After two minutes, plug the power cord back to the power outlet and the console. Make sure the power brick LED light is Amber/Orange.

5. Turn on the console by pressing and holding down the Xbox Guide button on the controller 10 to 15 seconds.

6. Re-download the profile by clicking the sign in icon found at the upper left most of the dashboard  > Select Add new > Enter your Microsoft Account email > Enter the exact Xbox Password.

I did a quick Google search and found this gem.  Not sure if it will work, but try it anyway.

1. Delete the profile from the console by going to Settings > Security, sign and passkey > remove from this Xbox. This will not affect the account or delete anything. It will just refresh it.

2. Press and hold the power button and the bind button(gray/silver button with ))) lines on the left side of the disc tray). The console will turn itself off.

3. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet and the console and leave it unplugged for two minutes.

4. After two minutes, plug the power cord back to the power outlet and the console. Make sure the power brick LED light is Amber/Orange.

5. Turn on the console by pressing and holding down the Xbox Guide button on the controller 10 to 15 seconds.

6. Re-download the profile by clicking the sign in icon found at the upper left most of the dashboard  > Select Add new > Enter your Microsoft Account email > Enter the exact Xbox Password.

Hi Twinreaper,

Thank you very much.

I have tried this before previously, but thought I would give it another go just in case.

Unfortunately this hasn't worked.